Philippa Oliver-Dee BA(Hons) MSc MBACP Accredited Counsellor. Supervisor
Within supervision I seek to work collaboratively with qualified and trainee counsellors, providing an opportunity to reflect on and explore counselling work with an experienced practitioner.
I believe the supervisor-supervisee relationship is central to effective supervision where counsellors can explore self-awareness in the counselling process, develop their skills and understanding of their counselling model and feel encouraged in their practice.
Aims within supervision:
- Reflect on counselling work, exploring the therapeutic relationship, interventions used and provide a place to be curious about your work and the the client's story.
- Exploring the impact of counselling work on you personally.
- Managing caseload, case note writing skills, addressing ethical issues and professional development.
- Exploring ways of developing knowledge through identifying relevant CPD, literature or work experiences. We can also focus on use of a professional journal and developing your professional portfolio.
- Provide a place of accountability, where you can reflect back on your ongoing counselling work.
I offer monthly, twice monthly or flexible supervision arrangements.
I am aware that some colleges require trainee counsellors to have more than monthly supervision and am happy to work in this way.
At times, counsellors are aware that they require extra supervision if they are facing challenging issues within practice or in their response to their work. Again, I am happy to offer more than monthly supervision regularly or as required for counsellors and am very happy to discuss your supervision requirements.
Individual: £45 per hour £65 for one and a half hours
Trainee counsellors: £35 per hour £55 for one and a half hours College reports: £30 per report
Group: £30 per counsellor for a one and a half hour session (up to 4 counsellors in a group). Please contact me if you wish to have group supervision, even if you do not have others to make a group with, as others may do the same and a group can be created.