I have a Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision: Counselling, Psychotherapy and Related Professions awarded by Cascade Training Associates.
I am a BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor (Individuals)
I offer one-to-one supervision and group supervision.
I enjoy working with trainee counsellors, qualified counsellors and those working in pastoral care.
I have a colleagual approach and so offer:
- An empathic, understanding outlook where sharing insights is encouraged.
- Alternative ideas and creative working processes
- Encouragement and appropriate challenge
- Particularly for beginners, a calming and holding environment suitable for some revelations about your work which might otherwise seem a bit risky.
- And last but not least interest, involvement & commitment.
My counselling modality is integrative but I am happy to work with colleagues who come from different orientations and currently have supervisee's whose modalities are Integrative, Person Centred, TA, CBT, Sensorimotor, Play therapy and Pschosynthesis. I draw upon Inskipp and Proctors functions: restorative, formative and normative, alongside Edward and Chen's Strength Based Supervision model (which supports the belief that the supervisee has the answer but they need the right support and facilitation to find that answer) and Hawkins and Shohet's 'seven eyed' model.
I have experience supervising counsellors and psychotherapists working for a voluntary agency for young people aged 10 - 30 years. I have experience working with trainees and enjoy facilitating their development.
I see supervisees at my private practice with a variety of theoretical backgrounds and a wide range of experience, including trainees.
I supervise those working in pastoral care.
My fee is £50 per hour. I offer concessions to trainee counsellors or those working in a voluntary capacity.