10 Years of Counselling Directory
Our story started in the early 2000s when discovering our friend was in desperate need of emotional support but was struggling to find the information they were looking for.
This got us thinking that there was a real need for a service that brought together all of the information needed to help individuals to find a suitable psychotherapist or counsellor in their local area.
Starting off as a small idea to connect our close friend with the emotional support they needed, Counselling Directory has grown rapidly over the past 10 years helping over 1 million people reach professional help.
Since we started 10 years ago, we have:
- Improved our search facility, enabling users to search by radius and refine using a number of different filters.
- Continuously updated our detailed library of in-depth, informative fact-sheets.
- Added relevant news stories to our ‘Recent news’ section on a weekly basis.
- Provided a helpful FAQs section, providing answers on a number of topics to those who need them.
- Supplied the general public with a platform to learn about psychotherapy and counselling from the psychotherapists and counsellors themselves, via the ‘Articles’ section.
- Ventured into the world of social media, promoting counselling and psychotherapy to over 5,000 fans.
We strive to continue what we started by working hard to improve our directory with feedback from counsellors and psychotherapists, and members of the public who visit the directory looking for support. So here’s to the next 10 years!
Find the right counsellor or therapist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.