Viki Jones - BA(hons) MA PgDip UKCP reg HCPC reg
07958425767 / 07958425767
I offer sessions in Pontefract or Harrogate. Sessions are aimed to help explore your issues and consider deeper, more healthy patterns of relating. Initially we would talk about what you want from therapy, what I can help you with and how we can work together.
I am a UKCP accredited Integrative Psychotherapist, HCPC registered Art Psychotherapist and Supervisor (awaiting accreditation). My integrative approach is informed by my previous training and experience as an Art Psychotherapist (HCPC.reg) and by Gestalt Psychotherapy, Transactional analysis, attachment theory, neuroscience.
I work in a relational way and I believe the relationship between client and therapist is the vehicle through which to explore other relationships. How we relate in the therapy space might be telling us something about how we relate in the wider world - this can lead to greater awareness and insight.
I try to approach my work in an innovative way; seeking creative ways of working together. My commitment is to understand your experience so we can together develop a greater depth of awareness.
I work with Adults who are motivated to engage with the process of therapy. You may want to share your story, or you may need support in carrying your daily burdens.
I am available to work with those seeking therapy or supervision. You may be a student or trainee needing support or supervision in your journey to become a Therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA Art Psychotherapy
Pg Dip Integrative Psychotherapy
Art Therapy Supervision
Diploma In Supervision (awaiting accreditation)
- Forensic Psychiatry and secure services, Prison Service, Community Psychological Therapies.
- Adoption services - work with individuals and families, working with services
- Working with mental health needs
- Working with personality disorders, personality traits.
- Teaching - Previous teaching experience at SCPTI
- Facilitating workshops - Mental Health Awareness, Art Therapy workshops SCPTI, NPTI
- Presentations - invited to present at international level; mental health and deafness conferences, Forensic Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- BSL level 1
- BSL level 2
- Undertaking BSL level 3
- Interpersonal Art Psychotherapy (short term manualised treatment - 15 weeks +)
- Supervision of students/trainees - working with various institutions
- Supervision of qualified practitioners
- Supervision of teams
- Reflective practice
- Academic writing - publication of papers
- Neuroscience reading and research group
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
I offer weekly therapy sessions £50 per hour (50 min therapy hour)
Supervision is £40 per hour
(24 hour cancellation notice is required where possible, although i know this is unavoidable at times)
For group work/ presentations/ workshops please contact me to discuss your needs and fee's
Some issues which may bring you to therapy:
Trauma, Tearfulness, loneliness, isolation, nightmares/dreams, shame, confidence issues, low self esteem, relationships issues, despair, bereavement, anxiety, anger, irritability, gender, sexuality, coping with change, mental health issues...
This list is by no means exhaustive but does offer some ideas if you are wondering if your concerns would be appropriate – if you aren’t sure please contact me and I'd be happy to discuss your needs further.
Are you thinking of therapy…maybe for yourself or someone you know?
It’s not always that easy to ask for, or even to receive support. I understand this. Sometimes it can be easier to try to figure things out by yourself. At times we all bury our heads in the sand hoping that things will go away…sometimes issues do seem to go away, disappear or change. These issues have a habit of popping back into our lives whether we want them to or not.
My main practice is in Pontefract, West Yorkshire and Harrogate, North Yorshire
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work in Pontefract West Yorkshire. I have some availability Friday and Saturday. i can also work from Harrogate
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am an experienced Supervisor.