Viki Jones - BA(hons) MA PgDip UKCP reg HCPC reg
Sessions are aimed to help explore your issues and consider deeper, more healthy patterns of relating. Initially we would meet for an initial assessment to talk about what you want from therapy, what I can help you with and how we can work together.
I work in a relational way and believe the relationship between client and therapist is the vehicle through which to explore other relationships - How we relate in the therapy space might be telling us something about how we relate in the wider world - this can lead to greater awareness and insight.
We can work creatively to uncover some unconscious material or to help think through your concerns. My commitment is to understand your experience and issues that bring you to therapy so we can together develop greater insight and make some changes that might help you to move forward.
You may want to share your story, or you may need support in carrying your daily burdens. I work with adults that are motivated to engage in the process of therapy from a Wakefield city centre office.
I am available to work with those seeking therapy or supervision. You may be a student or trainee needing support or supervision in your journey to become a Therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA Art Psychotherapy
Pg Dip Integrative Psychotherapy
Art Psychotherapy Supervision
Diploma In Supervision
- Forensic Psychiatry and secure services, Prison Service, Community Psychological Therapies.
- Adoption services - work with individuals and families, working with services
- Working with mental health needs
- Working with personality disorders, personality traits.
- Teaching - Previous teaching experience at SCPTI, NPTI
- Facilitating workshops - Mental Health Awareness, Art Therapy workshops SCPTI, NPTI
- Presentations - invited to present at international level; mental health and deafness conferences, Forensic Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- BSL level 1
- BSL level 2
- BSL level 3
- Interpersonal Art Psychotherapy (short term manualised treatment - 15 weeks +)
- Supervision of students/trainees - working with various institutions
- Supervision of qualified practitioners
- Supervision of teams
- Reflective practice
- Academic writing - publication of papers
- Neuroscience reading and research group
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer space for those with hearing issues or those that are deaf/Deaf. I am qualified to level three in BSL, and I have lots of experience working with the deaf/Deaf and with interpreters.
I offer supervision and reflective practice.
I offer weekly therapy sessions £50 per hour (50 min therapy hour)
Supervision is £50 per hour
Some issues which may bring you to therapy:
Trauma, loneliness, isolation, nightmares/dreams, shame, confidence issues, low self esteem, relationships issues, despair, anxiety, anger, irritability, gender, sexuality, coping with change, mental health issues.
Are you thinking of therapy…maybe for yourself or someone you know?
It’s not always that easy to ask for, or even to receive support. I understand this. Sometimes it can be easier to try to figure things out by yourself. At times we all bury our heads in the sand hoping that things will go away…sometimes issues do seem to go away, disappear or change. These issues have a habit of popping back into our lives whether we want them to or not. I offer space to think through your issues and together we can reach a more comfortable place.
if you’re not sure if therapy is for you please contact me to discuss your needs further.
My main practice is in Wakefield town centre, there is available parking (meter) right outside.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work in Wakefield town centre and have availability evenings and weekends
current availability - wednesdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an experienced Supervisor in both Psychotherapy and Art Psychotherapy. .