Vauna Beauvais. Therapy or supervision for adults or couples with autism or ADHD
** All sessions ONLINE using Zoom **
Available sessions are on Weekdays 10 am until 10 pm
Hello. I'm glad you are here. This is a little about me and what I do, as well as some descriptions of what you may want to talk to me about. Feel free to read on to find out more:
In addition to the things I talk about, below, I also do psychotherapy, counselling, or coaching specifically for neurodivergent adults i.e. autism, Aspergers, ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, alexithymia, PDA (demand avoidance), Synaesthesia, and rejection sensitive dysphoria (RSD). You may, (but do not need to have) any official diagnosis, or you may suspect and want to explore the possibility of this.
ADHD-ers: Often benefit from 'Executive Function Coaching' to bring about improvements in organisation, planning, sequencing tasks, remembering things, motivation, consistency, finishing tasks, doing what you say you are going to do, and completing goals - at work or in your life (or both). Or, you may want to talk through the interplay of ADHD or ADD and your life and relationships (and the consequences of that, or of overcoming challenges to improve your life and relationships). You may have (full diagnosis or traits of) attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADD, which is attention deficit disorder inattentive type.
People with autism spectrum conditions (you may have known it as Aspergers Syndrome): Can benefit from having a therapist who has had training in autistic spectrum conditions (as I have) or has lived experience of ASC themselves (as I have). This way the therapist has a true sense of the (sometimes complex) layers that neurodiverse clients bring to therapy or coaching sessions, and they don't make assumptions based on a neurotypical profile. Additionally, there is a 'felt' connection between therapist and client when both are neurodiverse. And the client finds that the therapist has an ability to understand and respond to them because the therapist is able to be open to how the client's emotions and cognitions are understood and processed in the ways that are unique to that particular client, and make sense in a neurodiverse way. Moreover, I understand cognitive overwhelm, sensory issues, confusion, defences, processing differences and challenges with regulation. And i will keep up with your fast or complex brain :-)
Some of the things you may want to talk to me about might include...
- Understanding yourself, others, and the world.
- Relationship issues, family issues, emotional abuse, affairs and betrayals, arguments, abuse, separation, divorce, getting back together.
- Sensory issues, confusion, defences, coping strategies, self-management strategies, interpreting bodily sensations, self-care, boundaries, handling social norms, being kinder to yourself, relaxing into lifes curved balls.
- Behaviours that don't seem to make sense to you, difficulty making useful habits, schedules, or routines, not understanding why you acted the way that you did, not understanding someone else's behaviour or actions.
- Specific Anxiety, panic attacks, Generalised anxiety (disorder), OCD, health anxiety, perfectionism, high standards getting in the way.
- Trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), relationship trauma.
- Depression, postnatal depression, low mood, lack of motivation or energy, ruminating over the past, remorse or regret, going over old conversations or events.
- Loss of a loved one, miscarriage, infertility, grief of any kind, pet bereavement, loss of any aspect of your life, sadness.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.,
- Career choices, redundancy, work-related stress, workplace bullying, overwhelm, pivoting, help with coping, dealing with difficult people, resolving problems at work, planning promotions or career advancements.
- Goal-setting, motivation, confidence, life-planning, devising a good strategy, discovering useful tactics relevant to your desired outcomes, action implementation, good habit formation.
- Executive function improvements (organisation, planning, sequencing tasks, remembering things, motivation, consistency, finishing tasks, doing what you say you are going to do, and completing goals - at work or in your life (or both).
- Low self-esteem, low self-confidence, learning to value yourself (in a realistic and useful way), discovering ways of interacting with people so that they esteem you more, healthy boundaries.
- Disappointment with life, confusing outcomes, no plan, lack of direction, no inspiration, don't know why things haven't worked out, making realisations and seeing what needs to be different.
- Anger management, frustration control, managing temper, understanding your positive intention and communicating that in a healthy, useful, and acceptable way.
- Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy online, (you are especially welcome if you are a TA trainee and there is a concessionary rate if you are in TA training - please ask me) - i.e.The relationship with yourself and others, discovering the contents and boundaries of your ego states (and contaminations), Game Analysis, Script Analysis (and Script Cure), impasses, transference issues, passive behaviours, discounts, The Adult in executive, rackets (repressed or substituted feelings), the concept of co-creation.
Training, qualifications & experience
I've been a therapist in my private practice for over 19 years and, I've worked as a psychotherapist, Counsellor, and Group therapist for the NHS in the past.
Now, I am only in private practice, so I am here every weekday. That means that I usually have spaces available for new clients within a couple of days of you contacting me.
Sessions are for 70 minutes.
Monday to Friday, start times are:
- 10 am
- 11:30 am
- 1 pm
- 2:30 pm
- 4 pm
- 5:30 pm
- 7 pm
- 8:30 pm
My qualifications are as follows...
- Certified Cybertherapist
- Masters degree (MSc Psych.)
- Certificate CBT (post qual)
- Post Graduate Clinical Diploma (couns)
- Diploma (couns)
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA.P)
- Master Practitioner NLP
- Coach Practitioner NLP
- Lab Profile Certified
- Certificate in Training Practice
In addition to those qualifications, I've done lots of specialist mini-courses that do not have qualifications attached to them, (for example, working with depression, anxiety, grief, despair, autism, ADHD, executive functioning, relationships, goal setting, motivation, confidence, performance, and much more).
Additionally, I have trained and qualified in being an online therapist.
If there is anything you would like to ask about me, my qualifications, or my experience, I will answer you.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Couples therapy
- Relationship Sessions (communication, misunderstandings)
- Anger or Stress Management
- Anxiety Solutions
- Transactional Analysis
- NLP, Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Personal Coaching
- Performance enhancement
- ALSO - psychotherapy, counselling or coaching specifically for neurodivergent adults i.e. autism, Aspergers, ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, alexithymia, PDA (demand avoidance), Synaesthesia, and rejection sensitive dysphoria (RSD)
Concessions offered for
Sessions here are £70 and last for 70 minutes.
You can pay with debit or credit card, cash, paypal, or bank transfer,
You are not on a contract and can book each session separately (pay-as-you-go)
Or you could (after the first session) book 8 sessions in a block and only pay for 7 of them - £490 (so one session is free).
** Transactional Analysis Trainees - session price is £55 or £420 for 8 sessions
from 10 am till 10 pm weekdays
Together we can...
Explore and examine,
Resolve confusing issues,
Change destructive patterns,
Understand or work through feelings,
Find better ways of self-management,
Understand yourself better. Accept things and work with your strengths.
Text, Whatsapp, call, or email me, or ask me for a call back.