- I am a fully qualified, experienced psychotherapist, counselling supervisor and trainer.
- I work from home and offer therapy to individuals and couples
- I am an integrated, humanistic therapist
- I believe all people are creative, energetic and full of enormous, often untouched, potential
- My aim in therapy is to enable each person, with whom I work, to unlock and use their innate energy in the most beneficial way they choose.
- I believe the relationship we build in our therapeutic encounter is key and that is one of the main areas of focus initially
- I have experience of telephone counselling though it is not my favourite mode of work
- I offer counselling supervision to both individuals and groups
- I have considerable experience of working with groups both as a trainer and a facilitator
- I am currently academic supervisor to students pursuing their MA in Play Therapy UK, accredited by Leeds Beckett University
- I am extremely happy to offer my therapeutic/supervision services to students at Keele and other local Universities
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA; BEd; Adv.Dip.Transpersonal Psychotherapy; Adv.Dip.Counselling; Grad.Cert.Counselling Supervision.
- UKCP; MBACP; UKRC,
- I qualified as a teacher at Dudley Teacher Training College
- I gained my BEd at Birmingham University
- I qualified as a therapist at the University of Keele
- I qualified as a Counselling Supervisor at the University of Leicester.
- I obtained my Transpersonal qualifications at the Centre for Transpersonal Psychology, London
- Prior to working as a Private Psychotherapist, I was Director of Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Keele. I have also held the post of lead tutor on the Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision at the University of Keele
- I have worked as a trainer at C.O.M.P.A.S.S. (Liverpool)
- I have facilitated numerous workshops on Counselling and Psychotherapy and Transpersonal Psychotherapy throughout the UK and overseas
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Self harming
- Individual Counselling/Psychotherapy (1hr) - £40
- Couple Counselling/Psychotherapy (1hr) - £50
- Counselling Supervision (1.5hrs) - £60
Mon - Friday from 9:00 - 6:00 pm Saturday 9:00 - 10:00 am