Toby Payne, MBACP
Hello, I'm Toby. I am qualified to offer individual counselling (face to face, walk and talk and online) for those times when life can seem confusing or problems seem too much to handle on our own. Beginning counselling can be a big step, and I hope that my calm and relaxed approach can help make it seem less daunting. I believe that counselling is a collaborative process, with the counsellor helping the client to explore their issues in a safe environment, so that they can find the best way forward for them.
To enable me to be flexible to my client's needs, I take an integrative approach using different modalities, including CBT.
My service is situated in a quiet and calming room at the rear of my house in Pitstone (near Tring). I have a range of weekday and evening appointments available. See my website for details of appointment times and services that I offer: www.brightbeaconcounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Diploma Integrative Humanistic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Certificate Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Certificate Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- BACP Certified Cyber Therapist
- University Certificate Psychology (Derby)
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Certificate
I have worked as a volunteer in agencies working with adults and young people, and as a school counsellor.
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development and have attended training in the following areas:
- Group therapy facilitation
- Working with the inner child
- Anxiety and intrusive thoughts
- OCD symptoms in teens
- Trauma and dissociative disorders
- Creative Journaling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bullying
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
walk and talk therapy
I offer a free 30 minute initial meeting to discuss the suitability of counselling, and to answer any questions.
Sessions will last 50 minutes and be £40
Sessions will be at the same time and place.
Prices are the same for walk and talk therapy and online counselling.
Concessionary rates may be available on discussion.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and Evenings (except Wednesday) Check website calendar for details: www.brightbeaconcounselling.co.uk
Types of client