Dr Tiziana Baisini
I am a Clinical Psychologist (HCPC Registered), a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist (BPC Registered) and a Group Analyst (Full member of GASI).
I work in London, both in private practice and in an NHS service in primary care (the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust).
My core trainings are psychodynamic, psychoanalytic and group analytic. I also had training in systemic family observation and therapy in Lausanne (Switzerland) and the basic training on Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT) at the Anna Freud Centre in London.
I offer short and long term counselling, individual and group psychotherapy in private practice.
I am registered with the following organisations:
HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) – Registered Clinical Psychologist
BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) – Registered Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
APPCIOS (Association for Psychodynamic Practice and Counselling in Organisational Settings) – Full member
GASI (Group Analytic Society International) – Full member
Italian Psychological Society – Register of Clinical Psychologists and Psychotherapists n. 5242/Veneto
ASVEGRA (Veneto Association for Research and Training in Group Analytic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalytic Organisational Analysis) – board member
AEPEA (European Association of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology) - member
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working as a mental health professional for 15 years both in the health public sector and in private practice.
After my M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Padua (Italy), I joined the University research team as a research fellow and lecturer on family group's dynamics, early relationships, clinical intervention models, treatment outcome in developmental psychopathology and the psychosis in general and developmental psychopathology. I also joined the clinical team of the Department of Developmental Psychology and Socialisation, applying my understanding of early development and family dynamics in assessments and treatments with children, adolescents and families. I also have been consultant clinical psychologist and psychotherapist in an Infant Therapy Centre for 9 years.
In the same period, I was working in adult psychiatric services in the Italian NHS, both for inpatients and for outpatients, offering individual and group analytic psychotherapy.
I am trainer and supervisor at the COIRAG Institute of Psychotherapy of Padua (Italy) and I work as a group analytic psychotherapist in an NHS service in London as well as in private practice.
PRESENT PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS
- Feb. 2015 – Today The City and Hackney Primary Care Psychotherapy Consultation Service (PCPCS) – Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust – London – Uk; Clinical Psychologist and Group Analytic Psychotherapist
- 2013 – Today COIRAG Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy – Padua – Italy – Authorized by Italian Ministry of University and of Scientific and Technological Research (MURST) 31.12.1993; Lecturer and Supervisor
- 2008 – Today Private Practice; Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist
PAST PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Oct. 2015 – Today Camden Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Service - Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust – London – Uk; Group Analytic Psychotherapist
- Jan. 2006 – Jan. 2015 “La Nostra Famiglia” Infant Therapy Centre – Regionally accredited in compliance with article 17, R.L. 5/96; Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist
- Jan. 2013 – Jan. 2015 FISM (Italian Federation for Nursery and Pre-Schools) – Padua – Italy; Trainer in vocational courses for nursery and pre-school teachers
- 2011 University of Padua – Padua – Italy; Lecturer
- 2008 1st Psychiatric Service - outpatients unit - Padua - Italy; Cliincal Psychologist and Group Analytic Psychotherapist
- 2006 – 2007 Department of Developmental Psychology and Socialisation – University of Padua – Padua – Italy; Research fellow
- 2005 2nd Psychiatric Service - outpatients unit - Padua - Italy; Clinical psychologist and psychotherapist
- 2000-2002 1st and 2nd Psychiatric Service - inpatients unit and emergency unit - Padua - Italy; Assistant psychologist
- 2015 - 2016 Contemplative Group Dynamic Foundation Course; Training in mindfulness and group dynamics
- 2015 Anna Freud Centre - London - Basic Training in Mentalization Based Treatment
- 2009 – 2012 Participant observer in a Private Practice Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Group; Personal Training in Group Analysis
- 2005 – 2009 COIRAG Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy – Padua – Italy – Authorized by Italian Ministry of University and of Scientific and Technological Research (MURST) 31.12.1993; Training in Individual and Group Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- 2005 University of Turin; State Licence exam for Psychologists passed in the first session of 2005; registered with the Italian Psychological Society n.5242 since 28/10/2005
- 2003 CEF (Centre d’Etude de la Famille) – Institut de Psychothérapie – Université de Lausanne; Full certification for using and coding LTP (Lausanne Trilogue Play) and pre-natal LTP; lectures and practicals under the supervision of E. Fivaz-Depeursinge and A. Corboz-Warnery
- 1998 – 2004 University of Padua – Faculty of Psychology; Degree in Psychology; M.Sc. in Clinical and Community Psychology
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Baisini T. (2016, July). Harmony, counterpoint and the well (enough) tempered group. Lecture given at the 3rd GASi (Group Analytic Society International) Summer School in Group Analysis: Growth in groups: the creative potential of polyphony. Athens, Greece.
- Baisini T., Ceccon P. (2015, September). The enigma of the crisis. Paper presented at the 19th International Congress of the IAGP (International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes): Despair and desire in times of crisis. Groups in the city… of the world. Rovinj, Croatia.
- Baisini T., Carnevali R. (2015, September). The third dimension in psychotherapy as an expression of the affective/emotional universe in a bi-dimensional space. Paper presented at the 19th International Congress of the IAGP (International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes): Despair and desire in times of crisis. Groups in the city… of the world. Rovinj, Croatia.
- Baisini T. (2014, july). The inter(personal)net vs. the internet. The art of psychotherapy as an answer to the virtual world.Paper presented at the 16th European Symposium in Group Analysis of the GASi (Group Analytic Society International): Art Meets Science, Lisbon, Portugal.
Baisini T., Ceccon P. (2014, may). To diagnose or not to diagnose? And how? That is the question.Paper presented at the 7th European Congress of AEPEA (European Association of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology): Psyche-soma. Body suffering and psychic work for babies, children, teenagers, families and caretakers, Bruxelles, Belgium.
Baisini T., Brunazzo D., (2013, september). Gruppi terapeutici nella “Terra di Mezzo” fra psicomotricità e psicoterapia. [Therapeutic groups in the “Middle Earth” between psychomotility therapy and psychotherapy.] Paper presented at the Congress of Italian Psychological Society: CORPOrat(t)ivaMENTE. Confronti e prospettive sulle pratiche di lavoro integrato in età evolutiva. [Body and mind actively together. Discussions and perspectives about integration practices in child and adolescent services.], Vicenza, Italy.
Baisini T., Galuppi O. (2012, october). Clinica dei gruppi e istituzione. [Clinic of groups and organisation.] Paper presented at the Congress of ALBORAN (Italian Association for Analytic Psychotherapy, Research and Education on Individuals, Groups and Organisations): L'istituzione in gruppo. Tra clinica e formazione. [Organisation in group. Between clinic and education], Alessandria, Italy.
Baisini T. (2012, july). Declinazioni del setting psicoanalitico familiare. [Variations of family psychoanalytic setting.] Paper presented at the 5th International Congress of AIPCF (International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis): The psychoanalyst facing couples and families of the 21st century: new technical challenges, Padua, Italy
Baisini T. (2011, september). Gruppazioni terapeutiche con i bambini. [Therapeutic group-actions with children.] Paper presented at the Congress Ricordando Franco Fasolo. Intersoggettività, gruppo e istituzioni. [In memory of Franco Fasolo. Intersubjectivity, group and organisations.], Padua University, Italy.
Baisini T. (2011). Nota a margine: dal senza fine al con-fine. Un gruppo di psicoterapia in un centro diurno. [Marginal note: from limitless to limit-e(n)d. A psychotherapy group in a psychiatric service.] In Palena A. (Ed.) Psicoterapie a bottega. [Psychotherapies in a workshop.] (pp. 23-33). Pordenone: Libreria al Segno.
Fasolo F., Galuppi O., Baisini T. (Eds.) (2011). Gruppi per adulti. I servizi di salute mentale e la psicoterapia di gruppo in Italia. [Groups for adults. Mental health services and group psychotherapy in Italy.]Padova: Cleup.
Baisini T., Brunazzo D. (2011, may). In viaggio nella Terra di Mezzo. Gruppi di bambini fra psicoterapia e psicomotricità. [Travelling through Middle Earth. Groups of children between psychotherapy and psychomotility therapy.] Paper presented at the 6th European Congress of AEPEA (European Association of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology): Nuove normalità, nuove patologie, nuove pratiche. [New normalities, new pathologies, new practices], Bologna, Italy.
Baisini, T. (2010, march). Prospettive epistemologiche nei gruppi di minori. [Epistemological perspectives in groups of children.] In Bianchi Ranci V. (Chair) Il gruppo nelle vicissitudini evolutive del sè. [The group in the developmental vicissitudes of self]. Symposium conducted at the Congress of ASVEGRA (Veneto Association for Research and Training in Analytic Group Psychotherapy and Institutional Analysis), Padova, Italy.
Baisini T., Fasolo F., Galuppi O. (2009). Elaborare segreti: una prospettiva gruppoanalitica. [Working through secrets: a group-analytic perspective.] Gruppi. Nella clinica, nelle istituzioni, nella società. [Groups. In clinic, in organisations, in society]. 11(1), 121-128.
Baisini T., Toffanin M. (2009, august). Conflict elaboration in co-conduction: a psychotherapist's and psychomotility therapist's path with a group of children. Poster presented at the 17th Congress of IAGP (International Association of Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes): Groups in a time of conflict, Rome, Italy.
Baisini T., Palena A. (2009, august). The question of boundary: the experience of a psychotherapy group in a daytime centre. Poster presented at the 17th Congress of IAGP (International Association of Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes): Groups in a time of conflict, Rome, Italy.
Baisini T., Guerri A. (2008). La ricerca sui padri: lo stato dell'arte. [The research on fatherhood: the state of the art.] In: Fava Vizziello G.M. (Ed.) Paternità. In cerca d'autore. [Fatherhood. In search for an author.] (pp. 17-38). Milano: Masson.
Fava Vizziello G.M., Simonelli A., Baisini T., De Palo F. (2006, july). Early intervention and dyadic and triadic arrangements. Paper presented at the 10th International Congress of WAIMH (World Association for Infant Mental Health), Paris, France.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial consultation: £95-130*
Individual psychotherapy: £85-120 for 50 minute sessions
Couple or family psychotherapy: £100-130 for 60 minute sessions
Group analytic psychotherapy: £40-50 for 90 minute sessions
* Please note that I apply a 48 hours cancellation policy for the initial consultation meetings.
Please note that I am offering only remote sessions and supervision at the moment (online or on the phone).
I will resume offering face to face meetings as soon as it is safe to do so.