Tatiana Silvestre MSc, MBACP, MBPsS
I’m an integrative psychotherapist based in Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire - here to guide you through life’s most complex and difficult matters.
Since 2008, I have provided a number of specialized therapeutic services to those dealing with challenging life experiences. Client well-being is my number one priority, and I go above and beyond to help them through all their obstacles.
What I offer?
Are you struggling with issues related to trauma, stress, grief, low mood, addiction, anxiety, or major life changes? Perhaps you have contemplated seeking support or a safe space to explore your thoughts, experiences and emotions. Whatever your story, it has somehow led you here today. I’m a Psychotherapist based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. I’m here to support you on your journey toward healing and self-discovery.
Perhaps you're down or anxious - maybe you're unsure about the future of a relationship, or just feel that you aren't living the life you were meant to lead. Whatever your needs may be, I am here to offer support. Therapy is a process of growth and self-discovery, and in my sessions I promote behavioural transformation by exploring the events that have led you to where your are now and encouraging the adoption of new attitudes and reactions.
If you’re looking for quality Individual Therapy sessions, face-to-face or via online (zoom or skype) or telephone, then you’ve come to the right place. I support my clients every step of the way and implement various methods to help them develop new attitudes towards all of life’s most complex matters.
What happens in therapy?
After an initial consultation, we will meet at the same time and place each week for 50 minutes. We may meet for a pre-determined length of time, or on an open-ended basis. We can decide this during the initial consultation.
My work is influenced by a variety of therapeutic approaches: psychoanalysis, cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), compassion-based therapy, person-centred therapy and affective neuroscience.
I enable an atmosphere in which a therapeutic relationship can develop and flourish, whilst also providing the insight needed for therapeutic change to occur.
Do you offer online or telephone counselling?
Yes, I offer sessions using platforms such as skype, zoom and telephone counselling for those who are unable to readily access the internet.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Volunteer Counsellor at Bucks MIND
- Trainee Counselling Psychologist in a Community Mental Health Team for East London Foundation Trust
- Extensive experience as a Social Worker in multiple settings including working with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Older People, Working age adults with severe and enduring mental health problems, Substance Misuse, Domestic Abuse, Physical Health conditions and Safeguarding.
- Working with substance related offending within prison setting.
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies at Metanoia Institute – Middlesex University (Pending)
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy at Metanoia Institute (Pending)
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling at Metanoia Institute (Pending)
- MSc/PGDIP in Social Work
- Motivational Interviewing for Substance Misuse
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology at City University
Membership of Professional Organisations
- Registered Trainee Member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Individual Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS – MBPsS)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fees are £50 per weekly session.