Welcome. I meet each individual as they are, I don’t find labels helpful. Each individual has a healthy, creative part, the part that is seeking healing. With gentle curiosity we learn to trust this part of you, it leads our process, and over time, as we work together, new possibilities are found. If you are struggling with feelings of meaninglessness, stuckness, being lost, angry, depressed, disconnected; or are having difficult memories, maybe traumatic; difficulties with physical pain recovery or prescription drug addiction, I am happy to meet with you and talk about how we can work together. Please see www.tamsinabrahams.com
I am a qualified Creative Arts Therapist. I have also studied psychoanalysis, meditation, trauma recovery, and now a 7-year training to become a spiritual psychologist. Talking, meditating, moving, storytelling, drawing, crafting and playing are all ways of engaging with a healing process. I am able to work with whatever feels best for you in each session.
I am available to support you to find the words or images that you need from within yourself. We listen to the flow of your story and feelings, some of which will be new, or indeed old and needing fresh air. You are the one, ultimately, that knows the right direction, I am able to gently enable you to find this resource of wellbeing and care.
I offer a free 1/2 hour initial session for us to meet and see if we feel comfortable working together. Email me for availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Dramatherapy (Sesame) - a Jungian Creative Arts Therapy
- BSc Psychology
- Psychotherapy: Therapeutic Skills (Society of Analytical Psychology)
- Foundations of Analytical Psychology (Society of Analytical Psychology)
- Spiritual Psychology (International School of Spiritual Psychology) - 7 years ongoing
- 4 years of Non-Dual Meditation Study
- Courses on trauma and emotional/somatic recovery
- I am registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and follow their ethical framework of good practice. I have been qualified since 2008.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Dramatherapists (BADth)
- I receive clinical supervision. (My work with clients is kept anonymous. Supervision safeguards clients ensuring therapists maintain good practice)
I have had a wide range of experience within different settings. Examples of places I have worked are:
- One-to-one sessions in private practice (through a GP surgery and a therapeutic drop-in centre)
- Groups of individuals with dementia and/or physical difficulties (Ventry Care residential homes)
- Women with chronic pain (Royal Homeopathic Hospital, London)
- Children with emotional difficulties (in various school and group settings)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
personal development, meditation, physical recovery, chronic pain
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
A typical fee for an hour's session is £50. I offer a limited number of sessions at reduced rates for those on benefits or in exceptional circumstances. This can be discussed in the initial session.
I offer an initial half an hour consultation free of charge to see if we would like to work together.
Please contact me for available times
I have a wide range of experience from anxiety, depression, feeling sad, angry or helpless, to feeling stuck in life, wanting to build confidence or change direction. I have worked with children and adults.
I have a specialist interest in physical healing, and recovery from trauma, which includes an understanding that the body needs to be included in the process for full healing to be possible. We experience through our body and our senses, so we need to care for this aspect of ourselves when moving towards inner fulfilment.
I meet each individual as they are. I don’t find pathology helpful. Each individual has a healthy, creative part, the part that is seeking healing. With gentle curiosity we learn to trust this part of you, it leads our process, and over time, as we work together, new possibilities are found; confidence builds; and care for your self and your qualities develops.