Susanne Hart DipHIC, MNCS Accred.
I offer counselling for individuals and couples in South Bristol and I work with a wide variety of issues including relationship issues, low self-esteem, depression and anxiety. I also have experience of working with traumatic experiences such as sexual or domestic abuse.
Whatever your needs, I understand how important it is for you to be heard. Whether you are looking for counselling as an individual or as part of a couple, I will treat whatever you bring with the respect and seriousness it deserves by providing you with a safe space to explore your feelings without judgement.
My counselling service is based on Somerset Road in Knowle, Bristol which is easily accessible by public transport.
I also offer online video counselling. For more information about online counselling, please refer to the Online Counselling page of my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified counsellor with a Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling from the Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling and a Certificate in Couples Therapy at the Centre for Relational Couples Therapy in Stroud.
I have received specific training so that I can better support survivors and victims of traumatic experiences such as sexual and domestic abuse. I volunteered as a counsellor at The Southmead Project from 2011 until 2013, supporting people who had experienced abuse either in their childhoods or in later life. In 2011, I set up a service with the WISH for a Brighter Future charity in South Bristol and provided counselling services for survivors of domestic abuse. Unfortunately, this service is no longer available due to changes in local funding priorities.
- Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling at BCPC
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy at BCPC
- Certificate in Couples Therapy at the Centre for Relational Couples Therapy in Stroud
- Professional Certificate in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness - British Mindfulness Academy
- Childhood Sexual Abuse, Addiction and Recovery - The Southmead Project
- Attachment Theory & Affect Regulation – Dr Gwen Adshead
- The Impact of Trauma - Professor Kim Etherington, Bristol University
- Understanding Domestic Violence and Abuse – BAVA
- Working Online – Dr Carole Francis-Smith
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Each session lasts 50 minutes and costs £45 for individuals and £55 for couples.
I am an Accredited Registrant with the National Counselling Society; a leading professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in the UK and as such, I am required to have regular supervision in order to maintain professional standards of practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday from 9am until 7pm.
Types of client