Steve Neesam BA (Hons)
The Therapy Clinic
16 Lushington Road
18 Hambleton Close
I am an experienced Psychotherapist and a fully accredited member of the UKCP which is the UK’s leading professional body for the education, training and accreditation of psychotherapists. I am also a fully trained Hypnotherapist and a member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
How can I help you?
I can help with wide range of issues such as specific anxiety or generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, depression and panic disorder. I understand how these can take over your life and it is very common to feel that the situation is hopeless. Most clients that I see have come to me as a last resort having tried many other things to help them. By working together at the pace that is right for you, real and meaningful change can happen within you as you gain release from these once overwhelming feelings and thoughts.
What's the benefit of combining Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is concerned with accessing your subconscious to allow you to change habits, thoughts and behaviours to ones that are more helpful to you. Psychotherapy is concerned with getting to the root cause of the issue and by understanding this we can be far more confident that it will not return. A combination of hypnotherapy and psychotherapy, tailored to your unique needs, can be much more effective than either one on its own.
In 2001, the Scientific American reported 18 separate studies that found patients receiving Psychotherapy PLUS Hypnosis for obesity, anxiety, depression, insomnia and other disorders showed greater improvement than 70% of patients receiving psychotherapy alone.
I just want counselling/psychotherapy on its own. Can I do this?
Of course. If you prefer to, we can work together using psychotherapy alone.
I appreciate that often even to pick up the phone and speak to a therapist about issues which are deeply personal to you can seem daunting. Please be reassured that when you do, we will have a relaxed, informal chat to help you decide what is best for you.
You can contact me through this page, via my website or by phoning 01323 768292
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- I am a member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy. (UKCP)
- Through delivering hypnotherapy, coaching and psychotherapy in Eastbourne and East Sussex, I have 30 years experience in helping people to better achieve their potential and gain release from their problems.
- I am a qualified Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist and trained through the National College of Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. It is the only UK training organisation which is authorised to offer the European Certificate of Clinical Hypnosis through the European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy.
- I hold a Masters level qualification in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy.
- I am a member of the National Society of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.
- I hold a Diploma in Management Studies.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
I am a qualified hypnotherapist and if requested by you and considered appropriate, you can benefit from an integrated approach. You would receive the insight into your issues that psychotherapy provides together with hypnosis that accesses your sub-conscious, helping you move to new, more healthy and empowering behaviours.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 7.00 pm.
Types of client