Dip. Couns. Reg. MBACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello, my name is Simon
Everyone needs support from time to time. What some might consider day to day issues gradually or suddenly feel like much more.
Not quite feeling right but not sure why. Life feeling harder than it normally does. Maybe something significant or traumatic has happened in your life, recently or in the past, and you can't quite come to terms with it, or work out how you can learn to cope with it.
- You've heard about counselling and wonder if it would help
- Someone who cares about you suggested it might help
- You'll try anything because you're stuck and can't seem to find a way through yourself
- You feel sad, are experiencing anxiety, depression or having some family or relationship issues
- You're struggling with adapting to living with Covid and the many implications this has for you.
I would like to offer to support you, and am now able to offer face to face sessions in a Covid safe way, as well as video and telephone counselling if you prefer.
If you've got this far, you've taken the first step. The next one may be harder, but I would like to invite you to contact me to discuss how I might be able to help.
I can offer a confidential, private space where you can say what you like, however you like, without fear of judgement or upsetting someone else. I will do my best to understand what life is like for you, through your lens. I will help you to work out what you want to do and how you would like to do it to be the best you can be.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience of working in private practice; with small businesses; various charities and as a volunteer for Cruse Bereavement Support, with a wide variety of clients from diverse backgrounds who bring their own unique experiences and issues to counselling.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Managing anxiety and panic responses in the therapy room
- How to Make the Transition to Online Therapy - How to develop Good Practice
- The Rewind Technique - Closure without Disclosure
- Understanding Diversity
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- A Childs Grief
- Bereaved Through Murder or Manslaughter
- Trauma, resilience and coping in the older population
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Working with Clients with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Creative Workshops
- Drugs Awareness
- An Introduction to Psychosis
- The importance of the supervisory relationship
MBACP - Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) with full professional insurance
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £35.00 to £45.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
The sessions will be for 50 minutes.
Each session is £45. Payment 24 hours in advance of the session by bank transfer is required. Receipts can be provided.
Concessions are available for student counsellors, please contact me for further information.
Free initial telephone consultation, so feel free to give me a call on: 07526 270076.
I look forward to speaking with you.
When I work
I offer counselling sessions on weekdays from 8am through to 6pm. Friday sessions are available to maintain continuity but not for regular weekly appointments.
My counselling room is in a quiet residential area of Peterborough.
Free Parking is available to the rear of the counselling room.
The location is a short walk from the main city bus route (citi 1).
I hope you would like to discuss how I can support you. If so, we can follow the following steps:-
- Please contact me by phone or email to arrange for an initial telephone conversation where we can discuss the arrangements for the first session and any questions or concerns you might have.
- At the first session, we will talk about how we can work together and what you are looking to get out of the sessions.
- If you are happy to continue, further sessions are normally arranged on a weekly basis at the same time, on the same day, although we can discuss suitable alternative arrangements and I can accommodate flexible appointments around your life committments. You will monitor your progress through the sessions with me and decide how long you wish to continue the sessions.