Simon Batty: Dip. Couns. Reg. MBACP
Hello, my name is Simon
Everyone needs support from time to time. What some might consider day to day issues gradually or suddenly feel like much more.
Not quite feeling right but not sure why. Life feeling harder than it normally does. Maybe something significant or traumatic has happened in your life and you can't quite come to terms with it, or work out how you can learn to cope with it.
- You've heard about counselling and wonder if it would help
- Someone who cares about you suggested it might help
- You'll try anything because you're stuck and can't seem to find a way through yourself
- You feel sad, are experiencing anxiety, depression or having some family or relationship issues
I would like to offer to support you, and am offering video and telephone counselling while face to face is not available. If you've got this far, you've taken the first step. The next one may be harder, but I would like to invite you to contact me to discuss how I might be able to help.
I can offer a confidential, private space where you can say what you like, without fear of judgement or upsetting someone else. I will do my best to understand what life is like for you, through your lens. I will help you to work out what you want to do and how you would like to do it to be the best you can be.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience of working in private practice; with small businesses; Cambridgeshire Consultancy in Counselling (CCC) and as a volunteer for Cruse Bereavement Care, with a wide variety of clients from diverse backgrounds who bring wide ranging experiences and issues to counselling.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- How to Make the Transition to Online Therapy - How to develop Good Practice
- The Rewind Technique - Closure without Disclosure
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Working with Clients with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Managing anxiety and panic responses in the therapy room
- Creative Workshops
- The importance of the supervisory relationship
- Trauma, resilience and coping in the older population
- A Childs Grief
- An Introduction to Psychosis
- Bereaved Through Murder or Manslaughter
- Drugs Awareness
- Understanding Diversity
MBACP - Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) with full professional insurance
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
The sessions will be 50 minutes.
Each session is £40. Payment 24 hours in advance of the session by bank transfer is preferred. I am able to accept cash or card at the beginning of each session. Receipts are provided.
Concessions are available for student counsellors, please contact me for further information.
Free initial telephone consultation, so please give me a call on: 07526 270076.
My counselling room is in a quiet residential area of Peterborough.
Free Parking is available to the rear of the counselling room.
The location is on a main city bus route (citi 1).
Whilst I have indicated that I offer online and telephone counselling, this is often more effective after a face to face relationship has been developed. I am however willing to discuss individual needs to establish whether moving straight to this medium could be beneficial for you.
I hope you would like to discuss how I can support you. If so, we can follow the following steps:-
- Please contact me by phone or email to arrange for an initial telephone conversation where we can discuss the the arrangements for the first session.
- At the first session, we will talk about how we can work together and what you are looking to get out of the sessions.
- If you are happy to continue, further sessions are normally arranged on a weekly basis at the same time, on the same day, although we can discuss suitable alternative arrangements. You will monitor your progress through the sessions with me and decide how long you wish to continue the sessions.