Shirley Rundle (Therapy Inside Out)
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
Life can be so hard. We often feel overwhelmed by the challenges we face and find our own coping skills are not enough. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of. Counselling can help you put aside the brave face you wear for family and friends as it can be difficult to talk openly and honestly with them.
"Healing takes courage and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it" - Tori Amos
There are many reasons why people come to counselling. No problem is too big or too small, whether you are looking for individual counselling or help as a couple. Perhaps you have been struggling with something for a long time, or you might have experienced a recent upheaval in your life.
I understand that coming to counselling may seem daunting. Perhaps you could think of it as reaching out and taking the first step. There's no one giant leap to healing and well-being, but lots of little steps along the way. Counselling is an investment in yourself, a way of finding balance to a happier and healthier you. You're worth that!
It is very important that you feel comfortable and connected with a counsellor, so that a relationship based on honesty, openness and trust can be built. This will allow you to feel accepted without judgement. I offer a free 20 minute, no obligation telephone conversation, so that you can get a feel if you think we could work together.
I work with a range of emotional and psychological issues including:
- Loss and bereavement
- Low self-esteem and low confidence
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Separation and divorce
- Self harm
- Trauma and abuse
- Anger and panic
- Transitions and life changes....to name a few
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
I work with individuals and couples from all walks of life, who are going through difficult times and would like to improve how they feel about themselves, improve their coping skills, find their voice and become empowered.
With couples work, it is the relationship that is the client. I work in the same neutral and empathic way, helping couples to improve their relationship with better understanding and honest communication, conflict resolution skills and the belief that if they are willing to change, the relationship can change too.
I am passionate about what I do. I love people - their uniqueness, their triumphs and failures, their diversity and dilemmas. I build therapeutic relationships based on trust and acceptance. No judgement. I am an experienced, down-to-earth and friendly counsellor. My aim is to help you feel comfortable and empowered, so that you can achieve what matters most to you in your life.
Let's talk. There's strength in asking for help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Cruse Foundation Certificate in Bereavement Care
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- MHFA Adult Mental Health First Aider
- MHFA Youth Mental Health First Aider
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- The Rewind Technique (IARTT - International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have particular interests in:
- Chronic (and invisible) illnesses including Fibromyalgia and ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Still births and neonatal deaths
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
Photos & videos
£50.00 per 50 minute session.
- I have private practices in both Swindon (Wiltshire, SN25) and Faringdon (Oxfordshire, SN7).
- There is no disabled access and both locations are up one flight of stairs.
- For those who are disabled or unable to attend face-to-face sessions for whatever reason, online or telephone counselling is available. Please contact me if you require more information or go to my website at www.therapyinsideout.com to find out more.
- There is free parking available onsite at both locations.
- Both locations are on bus routes.
- Both locations have bathroom facilities.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Both my practice rooms are up one flight of stairs. Online or telephone counselling is available for those that cannot attend face-to-face sessions for whatever reason. Please contact me if you require more information about this.
Availability constantly changes. For those who don't want face-to-face sessions, I also offer online, telephone and email counselling, so that you can be supported wherever you are.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|