Shirley Rundle (Therapy Inside Out)
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
Coronavirus (COVID 19)
In these troubling and uncertain times, it can be difficult to get the therapeutic care we need without face-to-face conversations. I am pleased that I can still support those in need by providing online, telephone and email counselling sessions.
Research suggests that online or virtual counselling is just as effective as face-to-face. It is a safe space to express your feelings and emotions and is accessible to everyone everywhere. For more information please click on the 'Online Counselling' section of my website https://www.therapyinsideout.com
Life can be so hard but you don't have to cope alone. We often feel overwhelmed by the challenges we face and find our own coping skills are not enough. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of. Counselling can help you put aside the brave face you wear for family and friends as it can be difficult to talk openly and honestly with them.
“The first step toward change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself you open the door to change. That’s all you have to do. Change is not something you do, it’s something you allow” — Will Garcia
There are many reasons why people come to counselling. No problem is too big or too small, whether you are looking for individual counselling or help as a couple. Perhaps you have been struggling with something for a long time, or you might have experienced a recent upheaval in your life.
I understand that coming to counselling may seem daunting. Perhaps you could think of it as reaching out and taking the first step. There's no one giant leap to healing and well-being, but lots of little steps along the way. Counselling is an investment in yourself, a way of finding balance to a happier and healthier you. You're worth that!
It is very important that you feel comfortable and connected with a counsellor, so that a relationship based on honesty, openness and trust can be built. This will allow you to feel accepted without judgement. I offer a free 15 minute, no obligation telephone conversation, so that you can get a feel if you think we could work together.
I work with a range of emotional and psychological issues including, but not limited to:
- Loss and bereavement
- Low self-esteem and low confidence
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Separation and divorce
- Self harm
- Trauma and abuse
- Anger and panic
- Transitions and life changes....to name a few
I work with individuals and couples from all walks of life, who are going through difficult times and would like to improve how they feel about themselves, improve their coping skills, find their voice and become empowered.
“If you realised how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” — Peaceful Pilgrim
With couples work, it is the relationship that is the client. I work in the same neutral and empathic way, helping couples to improve their relationship with better understanding and honest communication, conflict resolution skills and the belief that if they are willing to change, the relationship can change too.
I am passionate about what I do. I love people - their uniqueness, their triumphs and failures, their diversity and dilemmas. I build therapeutic relationships based on trust and acceptance. No judgement. I am an experienced, down-to-earth and friendly counsellor. My aim is to help you feel comfortable and empowered, so that you can achieve what matters most to you in your life.
There's strength in asking for help. Let's talk.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Cruse Foundation Certificate in Bereavement Care
- Cruse Certificate in Telephone Counselling
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- MHFA Adult Mental Health First Aider
- MHFA Youth Mental Health First Aider
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- The Rewind Technique (IARTT - International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have particular interests in:
- Chronic (and invisible) illnesses including Fibromyalgia and ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Miscarriages, still births and neonatal deaths
Between £50 - £80 per session. Please get in touch to find out more.
- I have private practices in both Swindon (Wiltshire, SN25) and Faringdon (Oxfordshire, SN7).
- There is no disabled access and both locations are up one flight of stairs.
- For those who are disabled or unable to attend face-to-face sessions for whatever reason, online or telephone counselling is available. Please contact me if you require more information or go to my website at www.therapyinsideout.com to find out more.
- There is free parking available onsite at both locations.
- Both locations are on bus routes.
- Both locations have bathroom facilities.