01560 600897 / 07891 063250
Who am I?
I am Sheryl and I practice Person Centered Therapy. I live in a village called Fenwick just outside Kilmarnock. I live with my husband and children. You can find out more about me on line.
What do I do?
I help clients with many different conditions including depression, anxiety and bereavement. I help adults, young people and children. I work from my home in Fenwick and from an address in Newton Mearns near Glasgow. I provide person centered therapy which is essentially helping my clients to feel better about themselves and their lives.
What experience do I have?
I have wide and varied experience in this field. I am a qualified teacher and foster carer in addition to my Counselling Qualifications. I enjoy working with children and young people and draw on my teaching and caring experience. I enjoy working with adults and draw on my extensive life experience of helping people.
Why am I a counsellor?
I became a counsellor to realise a life long ambition to really listen to others. As a teacher and then an HR Manager I spent a lot of time listening and helping both children and adults. The knowledge I acquired during my recent time at University cemented this dream and turned it into a reality.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Following leaving school I attended Caledonia University where I gained a BA ( hons) Social Sciences. In my final year I majored in Psychology and my desire to find out more about people began.
- I then went to Jordanhill College of Education where I gained a Post Graduate Certificate in Primary Education.
- I changed career to HR Manager and worked in Retail for 25 years.
- I went back to University and gained a Post Graduate Certificate in Person Centered Counselling.
- I enjoyed the experience so much I returned again and gained a Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centered Counselling as well.
- I am currently a foster carer.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I enjoy working with children and young people. As a foster carer I have a lot of knowledge and experience to draw from.
I am available to see children within the school environment and would be happy to liaise with your child's school to discuss this further.
£40 per hour.
I offer a special day time rate of £35 per hour for clients attending between 10am and 2pm.
I offer further concessions where appropriate.
Can I please ask for 24 hours notice of any cancellations?
If I don't reply to your email within 24 hours I may not have received it as it has landed in my spam folder. Please send me a text on 0789 106 3250 and I will get back to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work between the hours of 930 am and 230 pm but can extend this in some circumstances.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|