L. Selina Joynson BSc(Hons) MBACP
Old School House
Lower St Mary's Street
Rear Of 1
I am passionate about my work and believe that we all deserve to be heard. I have personal experience of how difficult it is to ask for help at these times, and how scary it is to embark on such a personal and private encounter with a stranger, but finding a counsellor to work through your emotions and explore is often the most powerful tool to cope and manage your life as you would like, with a safe, caring and professional counsellor alongside you.
I am an experienced counsellor able to look at these areas of your life and review patterns of behaviour that might not be helpful;
- Problems in your relationship with your partner, family members or friends.
- Experiencing bullying at work or at home
- Difficulties adjusting to changes in your life, i.e. retirement,redundancy,bereavement, illness.
- Feelings of anger, loss after a bereavement or divorce or separation from loved ones.
- Low self esteem and poor self confidence.
- Feelings of depression,loneliness and isolation poor quality of life.
- Suffering from stress, anxiety and negative mood swings.
- Difficult work circumstances and debt worries.
These situations can cause huge amount of pain and sometimes come out as anger, sadness and feelings of depression with no idea of how we can overcome them. I feel passionate about the benefits of counselling and firmly believe that our emotional well being affects our physical well being. Yes, it can be scary, but the journey you embark on will often enhance and encourage you to care for yourself better, therefore making it easier to care for others. I believe counselling offers you support to look at these difficult areas free of judgement, in a safe and comfortable environment with a trained experienced professional following a strict code of ethics.
I invite you to read through my profile and visit my website and please give me a call or email for an initial appointment. There is no obligation we can both chat and see if we can work together. Maybe you are experiencing some difficulties or you have come to a time in your life when you would like to think through why your life is the way it is.
In one to one counselling we will meet once a week for fifty minutes at a regular time for a set time discussed at the assessment to suit your needs, or I am able to offer telephone or Skype counselling in the same format.
Please have a look at my website www.horsesenseforlife.org.uk or email me on Click here or call me on 07964302476 for an appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Individual member of the BACP
- Individual member of the UPCA, and adhere to their ethical codes of practice
- Integrative Counselling BSc(Honours) from Roehampton University
- I specialise in bereavement counselling and have been working over a two year period at Wandsworth Bereavement Service, also at Kingston Women's Centre, with various life issues
- Experience working as a staff counsellor at Contact, a workplace counselling service at the Imperial College Hospital, St Mary's, Paddington
- I am an EAGALA certified Equine assisted psychotherapist practicing here in Newport Pembrokeshire. We work outside in nature with horses running free in a herd. The results are amazing and the horses are non judgemental with their feedback in the here and now. please check out my website www.horsesenseforlife.org.uk
I am continuing my professional development on a regular basis (CPD) and I receive ongoing supervision, in accordance with the professional body's Code of Practice. I regularly see my own therapist.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Please call to discuss your
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Types of client