Lilwen Selina Joynson BSc(Hons) MBACP
I am passionate about my work and believe that we all deserve to be heard. I have personal experience of how difficult it is to ask for help at these times, and how scary it is to embark on such a personal and private encounter with a stranger, but finding a counsellor to work through your emotions and explore is often the most powerful tool to cope and manage your life as you would like, with a safe, caring and professional counsellor alongside you.
I am an experienced counsellor able to look at these areas of your life and review patterns of behaviour that might not be helpful;
- Problems in your relationship with your partner, family members or friends.
- Experiencing bullying at work or at home
- Difficulties adjusting to changes in your life, i.e. retirement,redundancy,bereavement, illness.
- Feelings of anger, loss after a bereavement or divorce or separation from loved ones.
- Low self esteem and poor self confidence.
- Feelings of depression,loneliness and isolation poor quality of life.
- Suffering from stress, anxiety and negative mood swings.
- Difficult work circumstances and debt worries.
These situations can cause huge amount of pain and sometimes come out as anger, sadness and feelings of depression with no idea of how we can overcome them. I feel passionate about the benefits of counselling and firmly believe that our emotional well being affects our physical well being. Yes, it can be scary, but the journey you embark on will often enhance and encourage you to care for yourself better, therefore making it easier to care for others. I believe counselling offers you support to look at these difficult areas free of judgement, in a safe and comfortable environment with a trained experienced professional following a strict code of ethics.
I invite you to read through my profile and visit my website and please give me a call or email for an initial appointment. There is no obligation we can both chat and see if we can work together. Maybe you are experiencing some difficulties or you have come to a time in your life when you would like to think through why your life is the way it is.
In one to one counselling we will meet once a week for fifty minutes at a regular time for a set time discussed at the assessment to suit your needs, or I am able to offer telephone or Skype counselling in the same format.
Please have a look at my website www.horsesenseforlife.org.uk or email me on Click here or call me on 07964302476 for an appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Individual registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Integrative Counselling BSc(Honours) from Roehampton University
- I specialise in bereavement counselling and have been working over a two year period at Wandsworth Bereavement Service, also at Kingston Women's Centre, with various life issues
- Experience working as a staff counsellor at Contact, a workplace counselling service at the Imperial College Hospital, St Mary's, Paddington
- I am an EAGALA certified Equine assisted psychotherapist practicing here in Newport Pembrokeshire. We work outside in nature with horses running free in a herd. The results are amazing and the horses are non judgemental with their feedback in the here and now. please check out my website www.horsesenseforlife.org.uk
I am continuing my professional development on a regular basis (CPD) and I receive ongoing supervision, in accordance with the professional body's Code of Practice. I regularly see my own therapist.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Please call to discuss your