Sarah Ward, BA (Hons), MBACP
Leigh On Sea
By reading this, the chances are that you are considering whether counselling could help you. I know from experience that it takes courage to take that first step and reach out to someone.
I value the influences of the humanistic and person centred approaches, which means that I believe every person has the potential to unlock their own resources and find inner strength and the solutions to their own concerns. We just sometimes need help finding the right key. I may draw on other theories and techniques, as this gives me the freedom and flexibility to work in a way which best suits you as an individual and by working together we can identify and understand possible areas to look at more closely, whether they are present concerns or from the past.
I am passionate about my work and fully committed to providing a safe space for people to explore their personal issues and worries. I believe the relationship between client and counsellor is at the heart of the counselling process; and I can offer an environment where you can explore these concerns in a relaxed, non-judgmental, safe environment.
I work from home in Leigh on Sea, close to main bus routes and with parking nearby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in counselling (first class)
- Mental Health Training (1) (Mind)
- Mental Health Training (2) (Mind)
- Psychological Trauma training (Mind)
- Introduction to Psychological Trauma (Mind)
- Psychological Trauma for Counsellors (Mind)
- Managing Anxiety (Mind)
- Suicide Awareness (Mind)
- I have trained with Place2Be working in placement in Tower Hamlets; and with Changing Pathways (formerly Basildon Women's Aid). I have 17 years' experience of working with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- As well as my own private practice I am a staff counsellor with HARP (Southend's Homeless Charity) and a volunteer Trauma Counsellor with South East and Central Essex Mind.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and as such work I work within their ethical framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk) undertaking regular supervision and CPD.
I am also an Accredited Professional in Infant Loss (The Foundation for Infant Loss)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
£40 payable cash, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Paypal, concessions are available, please ask.
Appointments are available at a variety of times.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on a variety of weekdays, evenings and weekends - please enquire as to what is mutually convenient.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|