Sarah Lelic - Psychotherapist (MSc, PGDip, Reg MBACP)
Hello, my name is Sarah Lelic and I am a fully qualified Psychotherapist and BACP-registered humanistic psychotherapeutic counsellor. I work from modern, comfortable rooms located centrally in both Brighton and Hove.
I believe counselling can be beneficial for us all. Maybe you are struggling with a particular problem such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, addictions or suicidal thoughts, or more generally you feel you have lost your way in life or your relationships. Perhaps you are stuck and cannot see a way forward, or are having difficulties deciding which path to take in order to move on with your life.
Often the simple act of sharing your story with a supportive and non-judgemental therapist can be an incredibly healing experience, and one from which new clarity and opportunities can emerge.
Counselling can provide a dedicated time and space for you to be completely yourself and the time is yours to use in whatever way you feel beneficial. I will not tell you what to do, but will instead provide a safe and confidential space to allow you to explore your feelings and difficulties.
The aim of humanistic counselling and psychotherapy is to bring awareness to unhelpful thoughts or patterns of behaviour and to build resilience, acceptance and responsibility for self, which may help in creating a more fulfilling and authentic way of life.
I work in a holistic manner and believe it is important to understand each individual in the light of their own personal context and experiences. I avoid restrictive models that impose labels on human behaviour and instead hope to work alongside you to enable you to reflect and better understand the meaning you have made of your experiences and your relationships.
As a registered member of the BACP I adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Counselling Professionals. I am also fully insured.
Please do get in touch
Reaching out for help takes a huge amount of courage and is often something we feel ambivalent about. Whether or not you are sure counselling is for you, do please contact me by email, text or phone and we can arrange a reduced cost (£25) 50-minute initial consultation where we can chat about your hopes for the counselling process. There is absolutely no obligation to return, but if we feel we would like to work together, we can then make a more formal arrangement to meet on a weekly basis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Science in Psychotherapy - University of Brighton
- Post-graduate Diploma in Humanistic psychotherapeutic Counselling – University of Brighton
- Pre-postgraduate certificate in counselling skills and the therapeutic alliance – University of Brighton
- Masters of Arts (History) – University of Exeter
- Existential phenomenology – University of Brighton
- Gestalt – University of Brighton
- CBT - University of Brighton
- Focusing – Greg Madison
- Brief Therapy – University of Brighton
- Transactional Analysis - University of Brighton
- Systemics – University of Brighton
- I have experience providing counselling in both the charity and low-cost sectors as well as working in private practice.
- In my previous career I worked in a fast-paced business environment, so have a strong understanding of the stresses of the modern workplace.
- I have worked as a team leader and have experience of managing, mentoring and supporting people in a wide range of settings.
- I am committed to ongoing professional development and regularly attend training courses.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50 per hour with some lower cost slots for those on a reduced income.