Things happen in life, which can leave us feeling insecure, out of control, depressed, 'stuck', alone, and other things too. You may have felt like you needed to stay strong, keep going or just keep busy in the hope that things will change and get better. I really understand this and sometimes, we need something more. I am passionate about helping people become who and what they want to be or simply get back to how they used to be.
Counselling and psychotherapy provides an empathic, non-judgemental, safe environment for people to explore their problems and issues. Counselling is about working together to help you find your own way through your difficulties. Clients often say they like having someone to talk to who is completely impartial and separate from their outside life. This means you have the freedom to talk about and make the changes that are right for you.
Examples of issues clients often bring are: stress; anxiety; depression; low mood; relationship issues of all kinds; bereavement; grief; self-esteem; confidence, abuse and trauma. I also work with clients who can't put their finger on the problem and just want to feel better.
Clients often contact me saying:
- "We are struggling to communicate in our relationship."
- "My constant negative thinking is spiralling out of control."
- "Work is stressing me out so much, I can't cope."
- "I need some help controlling my anxiety."
- "I can't trust my partner after they had an affair."
- "I've suffered a bereavement and I can't seem to get over it."
- "I feel depressed and low most of the time and don't know what to do."
- "I've had a traumatic experience and feel stuck and unable to move on."
- "I've suffered a miscarriage and am struggling to deal with my emotions."
- "My health issues are affecting my confidence."
- "I feel like people are judging me all the time and I feel like everything I do is wrong."
I offer face-to-face counselling and psychotherapy in Chippenham, Wiltshire. Sessions are usually 1hr long and can be spaced apart depending on your needs. Because this is your time and at your pace, we have the freedom to move in the direction that is right for you and for where you want to get to.
I work in an intuitive and empathic way, giving you the time and space to explore your problems, working with you to find your own solutions. I provide a safe and supportive environment for you to grow and understand yourself at a deeper level. My approach is an integrative one with its basis around transactional analysis, person-centered, psychodynamic, and cognitive behavioural therapies.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an accredited member of The National Counselling Society and hold an Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
In addition I have completed the following training:
Advanced Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
Foundation certificate in Transactional Analysis
INLPTA certified NLP Practitioner
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My normal rates are £40 per hour session for individuals and £50 per hour for couples. Concessions available where appropriate.
The first session is primarily for us both to check out that we are happy working together. We will talk about what brings you to counselling as well as discussing how we would like the sessions to be.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions available Monday to Friday. Some evening sessions available
Types of client