Sally Blackmore Registered MBACP Accredited
I am an experienced, accredited counsellor offering a friendly and professional counselling service. I aim to offer a safe and open environment and a non-judgemental and respectful approach to the vast range of issues that clients bring to counselling.
Life can be hard at times. Counselling can be an opportunity to explore what is troubling you, understand your thoughts and feelings about life's experiences and find direction in your life. Without a supportive environment to talk through these experiences, we can sometimes feel depressed, anxious, suffer relationship problems or issues with low confidence and self esteem. Counselling can bring about positive and lasting change and help you enjoy your life and your relationships more fully.
I have over 10 years of counselling experience working in a variety of organisations and in private practice. I have worked extensively with a wide range of issues including depression and anxiety, low confidence and self esteem, bereavement, abuse, trauma, self harm, decision making, problems in relationships, mild /moderate eating disorders...the list goes on. Sometimes we just feel unhappy with life but don't understand why.
I believe that the most important part of therapy is the relationship between the client and counsellor. It is therefore very important that you feel comfortable with the counsellor you choose. I offer a free initial half hour consultation to help you decide whether you feel I am the right person for you and whether I feel I can offer you what you need. You are welcome to come along to an initial session with no obligation to continue.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I attend monthly supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines. I regularly attend training to meet BACP recommendations for Continuing Professional Development and to ensure I am able to offer a knowledgeable and professional service to clients.
My private counselling practice is in a quiet location close to junction 7 of M27. There is plenty of parking.
I possess a full enhanced DBS check.
If I do not answer the phone when you call, please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.
Thank you very much for your interest.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited and Registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- BACP accredited diploma in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (awarded by The Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body – CPCAB)
- Level 2/3 Counselling Skills Certificate
- Rape Crisis in-house training
- Eastleigh Bereavement Service in-house training
- Eating Disorders Prevention, Detection and Support (B-eat)
- Teaching clients to tolerate emotions
- CBT for Eating Disorders
- Certificate in counselling children and youth
- Certificate in counselling skills for children using the arts
- Working with Self Harm
- Working with Relational Trauma (dealing with disorganised attachment)
Various workshops in topics such as trauma, personality disorder, depression, anxiety, loss, relationship difficulties, attachment, shame, working with troubled young people.
Current: Private practice since 2011
School Counsellor - primary schools (Gosport)
Counsellor for Rape Crisis (Southampton)
Bereavement Counsellor for Eastleigh Bereavement Service.
Volunteer Counsellor for Olive Branch Counselling Service (Winchester)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Individuals - Free initial half hour session
Daytime - £45 per 50 min session payable by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Evenings - £50 per 50 min session (after 5.30pm)
Insurance/Health company referrals - £50 per session to include report writing.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday daytime and evening
Types of client