Ruth Sara Dowding MBACP Registered BA(HONS)
3 East Hll
Chelmsford Welling Centre
13 Railway Street
Would counselling help me ?
Are you experiencing life as stressful, anxious and exhausting, does this lead to sleep and relationship issues and coping means you over eat or restrict your eating. Leading to weight issues and low self esteem.
Are you experiencing a general dissatisfaction with life, feeling bored, isolated are these feelings leading you into low mood and depression. Does this affect your relationships
Maybe unresolved child hood issues or trauma past or present left unprocessed is preventing you from enjoying a better life and reaching your full potential
How could my skills and experience help you
I have 10 years experience as a skilled humanistic/ integrative counsellor/therapist.
Working with individual and couples and offering clinical supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists. From my professional and comfortable practice in Chelmsford Town Centre and Colchester Town Centre.
I hold a BA (hons) Degree, and have 7,000 therapeutic hours of practice. I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework
My therapeutic approach is integrative. I offer a non judgemental, empathic warm confidential safe space for you the client to explore your issues and concerns.
Being integrative means I have a variety of skills like person centred, CBT, psychodynamic, short term solution focused, somatic body trauma therapy exploring trauma held within the body & unrecognised by the medical profession, mindfulness, relaxation and visualisation techniques to manage stress and anxiety.
Could Relationship Therapy help me
It could enable you to get your relationship back on the right path, or agree to work together towards an amicable break up.
Exploring communication issues and managing conflict, affairs, compulsivity with sex and porn, separation, loss and divorce.
Relationship therapy can offer insight and awareness around communication issues, trust and patterns within the relationship dynamic.
Together we would assess what has brought you both into therapy and I will facilitate both of you to listen and talk about your issues and with you both develop strategies to resolve these issues.
Each client and couple are unique and I will meet you where you are with whatever issues, problem or conflict you bring to therapy. You are unique and together we will establish a focus/strategy
' to get you to where you want to be and who you want to be'
I have experience in varies settings:-
- NHS, as a GP Practice Counsellor,
With a national mental health charity,
- I was counselling coordinator for an adolescent services, 15-21
- A sexual violence and childhood abuse organisation trauma services for women and men.
- A eating disorders charity working with restricted and over eating issues
- A cancer centre with life changing illnesses
- in private practice in Chelmsford & Colchester.offering short/brief term solution focused or long term psychotherapy.
- Essex Mediation Services trained Couple Counsellor working with relationship issues and separation, divorce and reconciliation
- I am passionate about therapy and specialise in anxiety, generalised anxiety disorders, panic disorders, bereavement, anger issues, depression, feeling sad, early childhood sexual abuse/emotional neglect/trauma, d/v, sexual abuse, attachment issues, postnatal depression.
- post trauma stress disorders, binge eating and eating disorders & having experience of work with adolescents & with bipolar, dissociative disorders, narcissistic personality disorders, borderline personality disorders.
- panic attacks, & diagnosis of PTSD, DID's & BPD's Bipolar Mood Disorders, non-specific pain syndromes & fibromyalgia also ME & Lymes Disease.
I also offer clinical supervision and professional personal development & life directional consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
BA (hons) degree from ESSEX UNIVERSITY in Counselling Studies
Diploma in Person Centred (Humanistic) Counselling Colchester Institute
Certificate in Couple Counselling BACP approved course
Certificate in Supervision BACP approved course
Trained in safeguarding
Trained in Self harm, bullying, suicidal issues, loss & bereavement, neuroscience & attachment theory. Relationship dynamics.
Fully Trained in Somatic Body Trauma & 1st & 2nd degree trauma therefore I am trained in stabilisation of acute anxiety, trauma & PTSD, phobias, nightmares & panic disorders,
I am fully trained and experienced in working with the trauma of sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse and early childhood emotional and physical neglect.
I am fully trained and experienced in working with 15-25 year old and their related adolescent issues.
I am fully trained in working with eating disorders and body image and weigh issues.
I am fully trained and experienced couples and relationship counsellor
I offer private Confidential Couple Counselling & Individual Therapy, in a therapeutic setting.
I also offer Life Directional Consultations enabling client's to gain another perspective to move ahead in life after a life changing event like, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, illness & retirement issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
BRIEF SOLUTION FOCUSED THERAPY 6 SESSION
TO MANAGE AND IMPROVE:-
STRESS, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, WEIGHT AND EATING ISSUES
INSECURITIES, JEALOSIES AND REJECTION AND ABANDONMENT ISSUES
LOW SELF ESTEEM AND CONFIDENCE.
USING PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGIES AND TECHNIQUES WHICH I CAN TEACH YOU TO USE TO MANAGE YOUR ISSUES.
What to expect when you contact me
- I will respond promptly, by email, text or phone whichever you prefer
- I will offer to call you (at a time that suits you) for a brief confidential, no obligation discussion
- then if you decide you would like to proceed we can arrange a free 30 minute face to face consultation.
- At my Chelmsford or Colchester practice their is ample parking nearby.
- Or you may want to arrange telephone counselling sessions or home visit's
- FEES are:
INDIVIDUAL THERAPY: From £40
COUPLE COUNSELLING: From £65 to £55 per 1.5hr session
TELEPHONE COUNSELLING SESSIONS: £30
MIND & BODY SOMATIC THERAPY initial assessment from £45 then £35
CONCESSIONS for low waged & students and trainee/ recently qualified counsellors
CRITICAL DEBRIEFING group therapy from: £75 per hour
An Initial assessment with the couple will enable exploration of what issues have led the couple to seek therapy, and a confidential contract will enable facilitation to enhance, develop manage and resolve communication issues & enable the couple to move forward with better communication skills to create harmony in their relationship.
CLINICAL SUPERVSION FROM £55
reductions for student or recently qualified counsellor's £45
About me Ruth S Dowding MBACP Certificate of Profiecency MBACP (10years)
Before I trained as a counsellor I had a 15 year career in the public and private sector in London.
I managed teams of professionals working on various long term and short term projects.
I offered motivation and encouragement, developed my teams skills and achieved positive outcomes.
On changing my career path, I brought these professional qualities to my therapeutic role the ability to maintain boundaries of confidentiality, be ethical manage a team in a professional caring, safe way enabling others to reach their full potential. Set goals and maintain a focus and Get results !
I uphold the belief of self determination and that most client's with a good therapist, the right therapeutic conditions, enabling support, better communication skills and coping strategies can develop inner self belief and trust to 'get to who you want to be, and where you want to be in their life'
Call me now and discuss a free 30 minute telephone or one to one assessment
Or maybe you would be interested in my workshops on
Build Confidence and Self esteem
How To Develop Trust in Self and better Self Belief.
Better Communication in Relationships.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer individual & couple/relationship counselling therapy from Monday to Saturdays from 10am to 10pm. From my professional therapy practice in Chelmsford/ Colchester Town ample parking
Types of client
Supervision & training
RUTH SARA DOWDING MBACP.