Robyn Saffer - Therapist qualified to work with adults and adolescents.
Would you like a space where you can think about your thoughts, feelings and behaviour, together with any difficulties you are experiencing in a safe and confidential place?
I am an experienced counsellor qualified to work with adults and children. I am also a psychotherapist qualified to work with children, adolescents and families. I have worked with a wide range of clients whose concerns have included relationship issues, family issues, parenting difficulties, unresolved issues from childhood, low mood/depression and anxiety.
Choosing a therapist and beginning therapy can be daunting. How about we start with a telephone chat or an initial meeting to help you decide what you would like to do? Alternatively, if you feel more comfortable, you can send me an email introducing yourself and asking any questions you might have.
How Can I Help You?
I am trained to work with you at your pace depending on your individual needs. I can use my training to help you in any or all of the following ways depending on what you need:
- By offering you a safe place where you can be heard and express your uncensored thoughts and feelings.
- Exploring with you and helping you to identify unhelpful patterns in your life. I can help you understand the part you play in these patterns.
- You can share your past experiences/relationships and we can see if and how they affect you today.
- Together, we can consider alternative ways of thinking, feeling or behaving.
- If you choose to, you can create new opportunities and goals for long lasting changes, in a supportive and creative environment.
Please note I do not see young people under the age of 11 in private practice.
More information about how I work is available on my website: www.robynsaffer.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to working in private practice, I work as a counsellor in schools.
Previously, I worked as a counsellor at the Harrow Women's Centre for seven years and in a primary and secondary school for the charity Place2Be for five years. More recently I have worked for Barnardos as a clinician in their psychological and emotional well being service for children and young people.
I studied at the Metanoia Institute and Tavistock and Portman Centre which specialise in the professional training of counsellors and psychotherapists. I have the following qualifications:
MA (Distinction) in Psychological Therapies working with Children, Young People and Families
BA(Hons) Transactional Analysis Counselling, Dip. Counselling and Certicate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT).
Post Graduate Certificate in Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Well-Being.
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor - MBACP(Accred).
I am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) as a Child and Family Psychodynamic Psychotherapist.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Relationship Issues - including partner, family, friends
- Existential issues - will I ever............. (e.g. meet someone, have children)
- Parenting struggles - e.g. caring for children with learning difficulties, children leaving home,
- New parents - e.g. anticipation or arrival of a new baby
- Multiple births - feelings around being pregnant with more than one child, coping with the birth and parenting of multiples.
- Illness of self/friend/relative
- Feelings of isolation/loneliness
- Cultural issues (e.g. fitting in, differences)
- Children coping with separation/difficulties at home
- Adolescent stress and worries
Sessions are 50 minutes and cost £55
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client