Richard Franklin, MBACP Registered Counsellor
My name is Richard and I am an integrative counsellor which enables me to reach into many theories to empower your uniqueness and individualism. It provides me with a wider vision to help you, to see you build your confidence, self-esteem, resilience, understanding and to see you growing from life’s challenges. My experience includes working with adult mental health (MIND), bereavement and loss (Hospice work) and young peoples therapies (YCPS).
My practice is based just outside Chelmsford, offering a private, safe and relaxed setting.
You have taken the first step into beginning a new chapter in your life which can be a very difficult step to take. I do recognise how daunting this may feel, change and moving forward is something difficult to begin. By taking the journey with you, understanding you and your uniqueness, working together confidentially, exploring thoughts, feelings, emotions and beliefs, helping you to manage these and discover positive ways forward –changing your mindset from I can't to I can.
I have a concise life theory, ingrained with over 25 years of working life helping and engaging with others to me “you do matter”.
Offering 1 to 1 safe, secure, confidential, genuine, empathetic understanding with the aim to help you explore, connect thoughts, feelings and emotions. I work with all age groups from youth to retirees.
I can offer an initial assessment which will allow you to see if therapy feels right for you. If it is and you want to progress I can offer open ended counselling sessions and together we share your journey. Ultimately the decision to proceed is yours.
Recent experience in addition to private clients includes:
· St Francis Hospice - the recently bereaved
· Thurrock Mind - clients with multiple mental health issues including young people with exam anxiety & some couples therapy.
· Young Peoples Counselling Service - therapy sessions for teenagers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Grief and Loss Bereavment
- Accredited Youth Mental Health First Aider (YMHFA)
Further training and CPD in anxiety, depression, anger, stress management, safeguarding, CBT techniques and mindfulness.
Worked with St Francis Hospice for 3 years counselling the recently bereaved and for the last 3 years working with Thurrock Mind counselling clients with multiple mental health issues including young people with exam anxiety. Working with YPCS young people including Teenage years upwards.
BACP registered and holder of an enhanced DBS check.
Full indemnity insurance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
- Psychodynamic therapy
Fees £35 per session for individual counselling. Some concessionary places. Please contact me to discuss this if you feel it may apply to you.
Located in Central Chelmsford, please feel free to contact me for further information either by telephone or email.
Flexible with times and days to suit your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day, Evening and Weekend sessions available to suit your individual needs
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|