I am an Equine Assisted Therapist who runs The Haven Equine Assisted Therapy Centre, which is situated in the stunning Southdowns' National Park. Here adults and young people form powerful connections with horses and work through their emotional challenges in a gentle, fun, but highly effective way. I am passionate about my work and adapt every session to meet each individual's unique needs.
There is also the option of simply having counselling in a tranquil setting at one with nature; walking around the beautiful grounds or relaxing in the cosy log cabin.
Please do take a look at The Haven's website and make any enquiries through the contact page or by email: email@example.com
Taster sessions are available at half price to see if it is something that you might like to pursue, or simply arrange a free visit and chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
- LEAP E.F.P/L Practitioner (Equine Facilitated Psychotherapist and Special Learning/Behavioural Needs). Qualification endorsed by the BACP
- H.E. Dip. Integrative Counselling. Training includes: CBT, Psychodynamic, Gestalt, Humanistic, Person Centred.
- Level 4 Dip. Association of British Riding Schools.
- Level 3 Dip. The Children and Young People's Workforce: Social Care Pathway.
- 10 years working with vulnerable young people who have suffered from abuse, trauma and neglect.
- Extensive experience with working within different equine fields.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Equine therapy
Photos & videos
Concession rates may be available, please enquire.
Equine Assisted Therapy
1 hr - £60 (Initial session £30)
1.5 hr - £75 (initial session £40)
Also available - Taster days and Retreats, prices upon request.
Children up to 1 hr - £30 (Initial session £15)
1 hr adults - £40 (Initial session £20)
The Haven Equine Assisted Therapy Centre, facilitates sessions for Psychotherapy and also Learning and Behavioural Challenges. Both non-ridden and riden therapy are available. It is situated on the Hampshire/West Sussex border. Easily accessible from Chichester, Midhurst, Petersfield, Havant, Portsmouth and Winchester.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Some Spanish & Portugues|
Mondays to Saturdays
Types of client