Rachel Fripp BSc (Hons) PG Dip MBPsS
Hi, I know life can be difficult at times. Maybe you feel anxious or depressed or maybe you’re distressed by a life event. Together, we can work in a transparent and collaborative way to address your issues and set your goals. I am friendly and easy to talk to, and I will explain how I am working with you, so you understand the process.
From 2013 to 2018, I studied at a United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy accredited Level 7 course in Integrative Psychotherapy. This psycho-therapeutic approach covers many therapies including Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Psychoanalytic, Behavioural, Cognitive, Embodied, Transpersonal, Existential, Relational, Gestalt, Systemic and Neuroscience. I can combine several psycho-therapeutic approaches to tailor our work together, specifically for you.
I have many years of Counselling and Psychotherapy experience for the National Health Service, for Councils, for private companies, and in private practice. I have worked in mental health settings and in the community. I have experience in the National Health Service as a Psychologist in mental health, neuro-rehabilitation and addiction services.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 2:1 (1993)
- Psycho-dynamic Therapy Certificate (2000)
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy Level 7 (2018)
I have also been a member of the British Psychological Association since 1996.
- Art Therapy
- Suicide Prevention and Awareness
- Eating Disorders
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Closed Head Injuries
- Buddhism and Psychotherapy
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Child Development
- Grief and Loss
- Severe Mental Health issues
- Personality Disorders
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Behavioural and Embodied therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Somatic experience
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
The fee is £50 per session.
Sessions last for fifty minutes.
If you have some difficulty with the fee, I can offer concessions.
I currently work from Clarity Wellbeing Clinic in Nuneaton, but I also work in other areas in Warwickshire. The Rope Walk car park is at the end of the street and the train and bus station are five minutes walk away.
What to expect from your first session:
We will meet together and I will ask a few questions to gather information about you and your life experiences. I will record a few basic pieces of information which I will store securely in line with GDPR regulations. We may then contract on goals of therapy and I will explain how and why we may work together and about confidentiality in sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
No wheelchair access but telephone counselling or an alternative location available.
I am available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. At other times, you can contact me by phone.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|