Pippa Rashbrook BA (Hons) Couns Reg MBACP Accred
I counsel young people and adults in Woking and Guildford, Surrey, helping with issues ranging from depression, SAD, anxiety, panic disorder, relationship issues to bereavement, loss and trauma.
How Counselling Can Help
My passion is to help people overcome issues they feel limit them, to enable them to live more satisfying, fulfilled lives. We all have times when life just doesn't seem to work how we would like it to. I provide a professional space where your concerns can be explored safely and confidentially, allowing you to come to a greater understanding of yourself. You can then make more informed choices going forward, bringing a greater sense of wellbeing. I tailor my work to each individual, drawing from my extensive training background and experience.
I work with young people (adolescents) through to adults, and the many varying, unique issues they bring, in Woking, Surrey, and provide a quiet, calm space to work together. I also work as a counsellor at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford with the students, and at a girls secondary school.
My work is ‘person-centred’ which means you and your unique issues and needs are my central concern. I work at your pace, to avoid any overwhelm. My belief that we all have intrinsic value and are unique, comprising of body, mind, soul and spirit, is reflected in my work where I provide a peaceful, un-judging space to hear and work with your concerns.
I have a particular interest in trauma recovery – be that from growing up in difficult circumstances or ‘one off’ traumatic incidents. The legacy of physical, mental and emotional symptoms that traumas can leave behind are worked with in a sensitive, gentle, respectful way. I have trained with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, based in Colorado, USA, which is dedicated to trauma recovery.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional Qualifications and Assurances
- Certification for the Treatment of Trauma, Level 1 with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, USA
- Advanced Trauma Training with Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, USA
- BA (Hons) in Counselling from the University of Greenwich
- Foundation degree (FdA) in Humanistic Counselling from the University of Greenwich
- Registered, Accredited Membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Reg MBACP Accred). This means I have reached the required professional standard for accredited membership, and adhere to the BACP’s Code of Ethics and complaints procedure
- Many professional trainings, on-going, including bereavement and loss and working with addictions, self-harm
- Enhanced CRB Disclosure
- Open House Counselling Service, Guildford YMCA Counsellor to under 35s
- Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM), Guildford Student counsellor
- Private Girls' Secondary School Student counsellor
- Private Practice in Woking, Surrey Including referrals from GP surgeries, emergency services and personal recommendation
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Sessions are usually weekly, 50 minutes in duration, and charged at £60.00. Two sessions a week are occasionally beneficial for some clients in the stabilisation process, and we can chat that through on an individual basis.
Please contact me by phone or email with your questions, and we can work out the best way forward for you.
There is easy off-street parking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client