Pippa Rashbrook BA (Hons) Couns Reg MBACP Accred
I counsel young people and adults in Woking and Guildford, Surrey, helping with issues ranging from depression, SAD, generalised anxiety disorder, anxiety, panic attacks, relationship issues, divorce and separation to bereavement, loss and trauma.
How Counselling Can Help
My passion is to help people overcome issues they feel limit them, to enable them to live more satisfying, fulfilled lives. We all have times when life just doesn't seem to work how we would like it to. I provide a professional space where your concerns can be explored safely and confidentially, allowing you to come to a greater understanding of yourself. You can then make more informed choices going forward, bringing a greater sense of well-being. I tailor my work to each individual, drawing from my extensive training background and experience.
I work with young people (adolescents) through to adults, and the many varying, unique issues they bring, in Woking, Surrey, and provide a quiet, calm space to work together. I also work as a counsellor at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford with the students, and at a girls secondary school.
My work is ‘person-centred’ which means you and your unique issues and needs are my central concern. I work at your pace, to avoid any overwhelm. My belief that we all have intrinsic value and are unique, comprising of body, mind, soul and spirit, is reflected in my work where I provide a peaceful, un-judging space to hear and work with your concerns.
I have a particular interest in trauma recovery – be that from growing up in difficult circumstances or ‘one off’ traumatic incidents. The legacy of physical, mental and emotional symptoms that traumas can leave behind are worked with in a sensitive, gentle, respectful way. I have trained with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, based in Colorado, USA, which is dedicated to trauma recovery.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional Qualifications and Assurances
- Certification for the Treatment of Trauma, Level 1 with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, USA
- Advanced Trauma Training with Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, USA
- BA (Hons) in Counselling from the University of Greenwich
- Foundation degree (FdA) in Humanistic Counselling from the University of Greenwich
- Registered, Accredited Membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Reg MBACP Accred). This means I have reached the required professional standard for accredited membership, and adhere to the BACP’s Code of Ethics and complaints procedure
- Many professional trainings, on-going, including bereavement and loss and working with addictions, self-harm
- Enhanced CRB Disclosure
- Open House Counselling Service, Guildford YMCA Counsellor to under 35s
- Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM), Guildford Student counsellor
- Private Girls' Secondary School Student counsellor
- Private Practice in Woking, Surrey Including referrals from GP surgeries, emergency services and personal recommendation
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Sessions are usually weekly, 50 minutes in duration, and charged at £60.00. Two sessions a week are occasionally beneficial for some clients in the stabilisation process, and we can chat that through on an individual basis.
Please contact me by phone or email with your questions, and we can work out the best way forward for you.
There is easy off-street parking.