Phil Puttock B.A (Hons) MBACP Counsellor & Wellbeing Supervisor
A warm welcome!
Sometimes we may feel lost, scared or unable to articulate how we are feeling. It might be difficult or too painful to approach family, friends or colleagues.
I understand from personal experience how daunting it can be to talk to a complete stranger about how you are feeling. I entered my own personal therapy feeling lost and stuck in my life. Having space to process my feelings and be empathically listened too was a positive experience, and led me to train as a counsellor.
What can I offer you?
Counselling & Emotional Support
I offer you a Caring, Friendly and Safe space, knowing what you share will be treated both confidentially and sensitively. I will always work at your pace. Together, we can identity what you want to gain from counselling and what support I can offer you. There is no issue or problem that is too big or too small. I can work with you short-term or longer term. I can work with clients who are 18+
Are you or your partner having difficulties communicating with each other? Are you feeling stuck in a relationship rut and wanting to work through it? Maybe an affair or a betrayal has shaken the foundations of your relationship, or the trust that you once had is going. I provide you both with a safe and healthy space to explore your feelings and emotions. I am happy to chat about this via email or phone.
Mentoring, Coaching & Personal Development
I can also work with you from a Personal Development and Mentoring/Coaching approach. We can look at what your goals and ambitions are, or look at where you feel stuck and what you would like to be different. You might not be sure what you want to be different and together we can work with this.
Reflective Practice, Critical Incident Debriefing & Employee Wellbeing
I can work with organisations and employees who might want in-work emotional support. I can facilitate Reflective Practice Groups or other forms of support. Please enquire for more details. I have experience of using a WAP Assessment (Wellness Action Plan) for Employee Wellbeing.
My Training & Experiences
I am Integrative-Relationally trained; this means that I draw on a range of approaches best suited to support you. I also believe that the relationship between us can be healing in itself. I have experience of working with clients, with various presenting issues in the NHS, a Mental Health charity and a Wellbeing Carers Centre.
I have 8 years experience working in the Helping Professions. My experience is broad and includes:
-Offering adults and young people emotional and personal development support to move forward with their wellbeing and life goals. This includes Employee Wellbeing, Recovery and Social Prescribing.
- Supporting people who use Primary (GPs) and Secondary (CMHT) Care Services.
- Co-Facilitated an Anger Management Group Therapy Programme.
- Caseworker for an Adult Social Care "Community Cohesion" Project (ex-offenders, disabled clients, drug & alcohol misuse, mental health & longer-term unemployment).
- Mental Health Worker & Workshop Trainer for a leading Mental Health Charity.
- I am currently a Support Tutor for a Level 3 Counselling Skills course.
As a Registered Member of the BACP, I abide by their code of ethics http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/
I also attend regular Training and CPD courses to keep up to date with my knowledge and skills. My work is overseen by an experienced and BACP Senior Accredited Practitioner who ensures I continue to work in your best interests.
I understand making that first email might be hard, but please be assured I will respond promptly, but more importantly warmly. The below list of "Areas of Counselling" are not exhaustive. If there is something that you would like to discuss that is not listed below, please do contact me. I would be more than happy to talk to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B.A (Hons) Integrative-Relational Counselling (BACP Accredited - Middlesex University)
- OCN Level 5 Diploma Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Supervision Certificate (British Psychological Society)
- Level 2 and 3 Counselling Certificate (Kingston College)
- Introduction to Counselling (Strodes College)
- B.A (Hons) Sociology (University of Sheffield
- Couples Counselling Certificate (Complete Couples)
- Introduction to Soul Midwifery (Soul Midwives Training School)
- Emergency Psychological First Aid (UK National Emergency Response Unit)
- Dying to Talk - Grief Works (Julie Barnes)
- TA 101 - Transactional Analysis (Metanoia Institute)
- Bereavement & Support (Cruise)
- Train the Trainer (Happy Training LTD)
- Reflective Practice Facilitation (Psychotherapy for Healthcare LTD)
- Critical Incident Debriefing (Psychotherapy for Healthcare LTD)
- Essentials of Psychosynthesis (Psychosynthesis Trust)
- Anger, Rage and Relationship - An empathic approach to working with Anger, Shame and Vulnerability (Sue Parker Hall)
- Mindfulness Stress Reduction (Kingston College)
- Creative Interventions Certificate (Anna Parker Training)
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)
- Level 2 Award in Advocacy (City & Guilds)
- AQA Foundation Practitioner Award in Working with Young People (16-25)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I can support you with the following :
- Identity (understanding who you are)
- Bereavement - Loss of a Pet as well as a loved one
- Sexuality - understanding your sexuality and ways to express this, dealing with it, or trying to tell others
- Trying to understand your Spiritual curiosity
- Understanding your Purpose and Meaning in Life
- Work Related Issues - bullying, feeling stuck in your career and where you want to go in life
I believe that the relationship between us is important for any growth or progress to be made. I want you to feel comfortable and safe. I offer an initial consultation appointment. This gives us the chance to get to know each other and see if you feel able to work with me. This will last for 1 hour.
Consultation Session - £30
Adults - £40
Couples - £50
I offer a lower cost for Students 18+ (inc Counselling Trainees) and those who might be unemployed, etc at a reduced rate. I am very happy to talk to you about this.
Sessions will be at the same time each week, and last for 1 Hour.
Coupes sessions will last for 1hr 30mins. However, we can discuss this.
Please do contact me if you have any questions or queries. I am more than happy to answer them, or sign post you in the right direction.