- I am a fully qualified Person-Centered counselling therapist and registered member of the BACP. I am also a qualified life coach whereby I trained with the Life Coaching Institute. I am a member of the BACP'S coaching division. My Counselling approach is person-centered whereby I use these skills to suit you and your current issue. I also utilize CBT techniques and tools, if you want a more structured approach to learn skills, for the present and your future. I practice coaching alongside my counselling, which offers you a structured, goal-setting orientation to the coaching in order to provide you with skills to manage your life, whether you're experiencing anxiety, low mood or uncertainty.
- Do you find yourself thinking the same negative thoughts causing you to feel low in mood? This can cause the development of a negative self-image. A broken or fragile self-image can heal. Your self-image is the way in which you perceive yourself or the way in which you perceive others see you. Does this ring true with you.....? If so you can make changes to the quality of your life. We can explore historic messages that you've internalized. Look to create behaviour changes. Use CBT for improving thought processing. If you are hopeful, that is a good start.
- I help to overcome anxiety and depression by:
- Facing your fears
- Learning to cope effectively
- Inducing calm
- Lifting mood
- Getting back to yourself
- Enjoying life again
- I offer an opportunity for you to embark on a trusting relationship that can support you to achieve the goals you set. If you are new to counselling or coaching it can be a daunting prospect to choose a counsellor and attend an appointment, hence you will be welcomed in a friendly manor to open up and discuss your issues. Counselling can be very effective if you are willing to work towards change.
- My skills have been developed by working for MIND mental health charity, as an adult counsellor, dealing with mild to moderate mental health issues. I have experience as a mental health specialist mentor at USW whereby I supported students to achieve their qualifications. Now I run a private practice from my home.
To book an appointment just email or telephone me.
Student person-centered counsellors are also welcome at a reduced fee.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold a Bsc (Hons) in Behavioural Sciences.
- I have a person-centred Counselling degree.
- I have studied Life Coaching to Diploma level.
- I am trained at Post Graduate level in Education.
- I am trained in mental health first aid
- I hold the assist training qualification
- Heal your inner child diploma
- PG Cert in Clinical Supervision
- Diploma in personal style and colour analysis
- My education has assisted me in developing my own sense of purpose which involves working to help others.
- My experience involves working with a variety of people dealing with a wide range of issues.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £35.00 to £45.00
Concessions offered for
- £45 Per 50 min sessions daytime
- Low income clients £35
- I take cash, card or Bacs payments
Monday to Friday
Some evening sessions available
- I run a private practice from my home and the environment is calm, quiet and safe.
- I am an avid reader and I enjoy dancing, walking and cycling.
- I believe that a healthy wellbeing is paramount in living a balanced lifestyle, I practice relaxation techniques as I feel relaxation is such an important factor in reducing stress reactions.
- My aim in helping others has assisted my own development in a progressive lifestyle to demonstrate that following hardship and trauma a quality life can be achieved! Keep living!!
- 'I feel I have changed as my anxiety has just diminished'
- 'You helped me put things in place that has created differences in my working life that have altered my whole perception of my role, thank you'
- 'I feel more relaxed and my sense of wellbeing has greatly improved, I now fear less and have fun more, its been great thanks'
'Paula is fantastic, I was nervous to start my journey, but Paula made me feel at ease immediately. She is kind, supportive, and extremely good at her job. Paula is always so professional and made me feel comfortable in every session. She has guided me through one of the toughest times in my life and I truly believe I have grown as a person because of this. I will be forever grateful to Paula and would encourage anyone who is thinking about starting a course with Paula to do it. ' ED
I reached out to Paula to help me work through historical trauma that had led me to feel depressed and was stopping me from enjoying my life in the present. She helped me explore the issues that were holding me back from living and being the vibrant, beautiful woman I now know myself to be.
No matter how low you feel now, or how hard it is to see a way out of your current situation, I really feel talking to someone who is impartial and empathic to you and your experiences can really help.
Paula comes from a place of self-knowledge, her training in counselling sparked by her own experiences with anxiety, she is able to offer her clients a safe space to share their feelings and express their true selves without judgment.
She uses a variety of talking techniques and often suggests books, courses or extra activities you can explore yourself between sessions, not sticking to a set model allows her to really tailor the sessions to your individual needs.
I definitely feel more confident and able to take on life challenges than I did when I first reached out and hope to continue working with her to further explore how I can make the most of each day and continue on this path of self-love, understanding, and tolerance for myself and the people in my life.
Thank you, Helen.