Paula Howel, MBACP Trained Counsellor & Supervisor.
- I am a fully qualified Person-Centered counselling therapist and registered member of the BACP. My Counselling approach is person centered whereby I use these skills to suit you and your current issue. I also utilize CBT techniques and tools, if you want a more structured approach to learn skills, for the present and your future.
- Do you find yourself thinking the same negative thoughts causing you to feel low in mood? This can cause the development of a negative self-image. A broken or fragile self-image can heal. Your self-image is the way in which you perceive yourself or the way in which you perceive others see you. Does this ring true with you.....? If so you can make changes to the quality of your life. We can explore historic messages that you've internalized. Look to create behaviour changes. Use CBT for improving thought processing. If you are hopeful, that is a good start.
- I help to overcome anxiety and depression by:
- Facing your fears
- Learning to cope effectively
- Inducing calm
- Lifting mood
- Getting back to yourself
- Enjoying life again
- I offer an opportunity for you to embark on a trusting relationship that can support you to achieve the goals you set. If you are new to counselling it can be a daunting prospect to choose a counsellor and attend an appointment, hence you will be welcomed in a friendly manor to open up and discuss your issues. Counselling can be very effective if you are willing to work towards change.
- My skills have been developed by working for MIND mental health charity, as an adult counsellor, dealing with mild to moderate mental health issues. I have experience as a mental health specialist mentor at USW whereby I support students to achieve their qualifications. I also run a private practice from my home.
To book an appointment just email or telephone me.
Student person centered counsellors are also welcome at a reduced fee.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold a Bsc (Hons) in Behavioural Sciences.
- I have a person-centred Counselling degree.
- I have studied Life Coaching to Diploma level.
- I am trained at Post Graduate level in Education.
- I am trained in mental health first aid
- I hold the assist training qualification
- Heal your inner child diploma
- PG Cert in Clinical Supervision
- Diploma in personal style and colour analysis
- My education has assisted me in developing my own sense of purpose which involves working to help others.
- My experience involves working with a variety of people dealing with a wide range of issues.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Concessions offered for
- £40 Per 50 min sessions daytime
- Low income clients £30
- Student counsellors £30
- I take cash, card and Bacs payments
Monday to Friday
Some evening sessions available
- I run a private practice from my home and the environment is calm, quiet and safe.
- I am an avid reader and I enjoy dancing, walking and cycling.
- I believe that a healthy wellbeing is paramount in living a balanced lifestyle, I practice relaxation techniques as I feel relaxation is such an important factor in reducing stress reactions.
- My aim in helping others has assisted my own development in a progressive lifestyle to demonstrate that following hardship and trauma a quality life can be achieved! Keep living!!
- 'I feel I have changed as my anxiety has just diminished'
- 'You helped me put things in place that has created differences in my working life that have altered my whole perception of my role, thank you'
- 'I feel more relaxed and my sense of wellbeing has greatly improved, I now fear less and have fun more, its been great thanks'