Putney south West London Counselling -SW15, SW18 Paula Bendon
Paula Bendon, PG Dip, PG Cert, MBPsS, MBACP
I am able to listen to your everyday difficulties in a safe and dependable environment with understanding and empathy.
I can help you with any of your counselling needs. I will also integrate hypnotherapy techniques when required.
These symptoms are frequently experienced by people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Pain disorder, relationship issues and stress.
I specialize in anxiety, depression, panic disorders, insomnia, couples therapy, addiction and child/adolescent therapy. I work together with you to help understand and overcome difficult thoughts, feelings and behaviors .
In addition I have experience both privately and in the NHS with child/adolescent related issues, usually with anxiety, depression, low self esteem, eating disorders, self harm or sleep problems.
I was a associate member , counsellor and psychotherapist of the prestigious Therapy Harley street, 10 Harley street, London W1G 9PF (Central London, WC1G))
I have a counselling clinic in Putney, SW15, near to Fulham ,SW6 , Richmond TW9, Wimbledon SW19, Wandsworth SW18 and south west London.
I work at the Maudsley and King's College London, work for the NHS in psychology both in research and clinically for work with both adolescents and adults.
I am a professional member of the British Association for counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and have been trained in 'gut directed therapy' ,an effective treatment to alleviate the painful and uncomfortable symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) using Clinical Hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy and psychological therapy is recommended by the NHS and GP's if usual treatment (medication) has not been successful.
In my private practice in Putney/ Fulham/ South West London I offer individual counselling and I adopt an integrated approach which will be personalised for each client. I work with adults and I have a children-adolescents service too.
I am highly trained in counselling including Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Neuroscience and Psychotherapy.
I am also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist, which is effective with many conditions, but especially weight loss using the 'virtual gastric band, addictions,Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and sleep/insomnia foe both children and adults.
I work part time in the NHS delivering counselling and CBT and clinical research for people with psychosis, and their families, with leading clinical psychologists at the South London and Maudsley NHS trust, King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience and City University London.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications and Experience
- Counselling and Psychological Therapy for Bipolar / pyschosis , Anxiety Depression and Addiction. NHS , The Maudsley, King's College London and The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, (IoPPN).
- Counselling, CBT and Psychotherapist- Therapy Harley Street and Putney Wellness Clinic.
- CBT, for Anxiety and Depression, Sutton and Merton NHS Service.
- Clinical Research in Psychosis, Bipolar and family interventions.
- Putney Counselling Clinic, South West London - SW15
- Family and Relationship issues
- Children and teenagers counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis at King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology - Cognitive, Social and Child psychology - Open University
- BSc(hons) Management Science, Organisational and Occupational Psychology. Manchester University
- -Psychological Intervention for Adolescents and Children, at The Maudsley Hospital, NHS.
- Post Graduate Certificate Clinical hypnotherapy - University of West London.
- Certificate of Personal, Professional and Development in Clinical Hypnosis - Thames Valley University
- Katherine Graves Diploma in Hypnobirthing.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and gut related counselling.
counselling for anxiety
counselling for depression and post natal depression.
counselling for insomnia
counselling for anger management.
- Counselling in Putney Counselling Clinic - South West London - 50 minutes session from £100-£130
- Clinical hypnotherapy - 50 minutes session £100-£130
- IBS/ Gut directed therapy Counselling and hypnotherapy £100-£130
- Stop smoking hypnotherapy for 90 minutes £295
- Weight loss programs £100-130