Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Paula Bendon, PG Dip, PG Cert, MBPsS, MBACP
I am highly qualified in counselling and psychological therapies for anxiety and depression. I am able to listen to your current difficulties and struggles in a safe and confidential environment with understanding and empathy.
I can help you with your counselling/psychological needs, if you are experiencing anxiety, worry, depression, feeling sad, have social anxiety, suffering with sleep problems/insomnia or addictions. (including alcohol, drugs etc). I specialise in neurodevelopment disorders, including ADHD and Austism/aspergers,.
I can help if you're having relationship difficulties and need couple counselling/couples therapy. Or having difficulties with relationships at home and need family therapy.
These symptoms are frequently experienced by people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Pain disorder, relationship issues and stress.
I specialize in anxiety, depression, panic disorders, ADHD, sleep problems, insomnia, couples therapy, addiction and child/adolescent therapy. I work together with you to help understand and overcome difficult thoughts, feelings and behaviors .
In addition I have experience both privately and in the NHS with child/adolescent related issues, usually with anxiety, depression, low self esteem, eating disorders, self harm or sleep problems.
I was a associate member, counselor and psychotherapist of the prestigious Therapy Harley street, 10 Harley street, London W1G 9PF (Central London, WC1G))
I have my own prestigious counselling clinic in Putney, SW15, near to Fulham ,SW6 , Richmond TW9, Wimbledon SW19, Barnes SW13, Wandsworth SW18 and south west London.
I work at the Maudsley and King's College London, I work for the NHS in psychology both in research and clinically for work with both adults and adolescents.
I am a professional member of the British Association for counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and have been trained in 'gut directed therapy' ,an effective treatment to alleviate the painful and uncomfortable symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) using Clinical Hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy and psychological therapy is recommended by the NHS and GP's if usual treatment (medication) has not been successful.
In my own private practice/clinic in Putney/ Fulham/ South West London I offer individual counselling and I adopt an integrated approach which will be personalized for each client. I work with both adults, children-adolescents and families.
I am highly trained in counselling including Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Neuroscience and Psychotherapy.
I am also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist, which is effective with many conditions, but especially weight loss using the 'virtual gastric band, addictions,Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and sleep/insomnia foe both children and adults.
I work part time in the NHS delivering counselling and CBT and clinical research for people with psychosis, and their families, with leading clinical psychologists at the South London and Maudsley NHS trust, King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience and City University London.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications and Experience
- Counselling and Psychological Therapy for Bipolar / pyschosis , Anxiety Depression and Addiction. NHS , The Maudsley, King's College London and The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, (IoPPN).
- Counselling, CBT and Psychotherapist- Therapy Harley Street and Putney Wellness Clinic.
- CBT, for Anxiety and Depression, Sutton and Merton NHS Service.
- Clinical Research in Psychosis, Bipolar and family interventions.
- Putney Counselling Clinic, South West London - SW15
- Family and Relationship issues
- Children and teenagers counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis at King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology - Cognitive, Social and Child psychology - Open University
- BSc(hons) Management Science, Organisational and Occupational Psychology. Manchester University
- -Psychological Intervention for Adolescents and Children, at The Maudsley Hospital, NHS.
- Post Graduate Certificate Clinical hypnotherapy - University of West London.
- Certificate of Personal, Professional and Development in Clinical Hypnosis - Thames Valley University
- Katherine Graves Diploma in Hypnobirthing.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and gut related counselling.
counselling for anxiety
counselling for depression and post natal depression.
counselling for insomnia
counselling for anger management.
£160.00 - £180.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
- Counselling in Putney Counselling Clinic - South West London - 50 minutes session from £160.00-£180.00.
- Clinical hypnotherapy - 50 minutes session £160.00-£180.00
- IBS/ Gut directed therapy Counselling and hypnotherapy £160-£180.
- Stop smoking hypnotherapy for 90 minutes £395
- Weight loss sessions £160-£180..
When I work
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 9.00 - 18.00