Putney south West London Counselling -SW15, SW18 Paula Bendon
Paula Bendon, PG Dip, PG Cert, MBPsS, MBACP
I am able to listen to your everyday difficulties in a safe and dependable environment with understanding and empathy.
I can help you with any of your counselling needs. I will also integrate hypnotherapy techniques when required.
These symptoms are frequently experienced by people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Pain disorder, relationship issues and stress.
I specialise in anxiety, depression, bipolar/manic depression, insomnia and addiction. I work together with you to help understand and overcome difficult thoughts and feelings.
In addition I have experience both privately and in the NHS with child related issues, usually with anxiety, low self esteem, eating disorders or sleep problems.
I was a associate member , counsellor and psychotherapist of the prestigious Therapy Harley street, 10 Harley street, London W1G 9PF (Central London, WC1G))
I have a counselling clinic in Putney, SW15, near to Fulham ,SW6 , Richmond, Wandsworth SW18 and south west London
and work for the NHS in psychology both in research and clinically.
I am a professional member of the British Association for counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and have been trained in 'gut directed therapy' ,an effective treatment to alleviate the painful and uncomfortable symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) using Clinical Hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy is recommended by the NHS and GP's if usual treatment (medication) has not been successful.
In my private practice in Putney/ Fulham/ South West London I offer individual counselling and I adopt an integrated approach which will be personalised for each client. I work with adults and I have a children-adolescents service too.
I am highly trained in counselling including Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Neuroscience and Psychotherapy.
I am also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist, which is effective with many conditions, but especially weight loss using the 'virtual gastric band, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and sleep/insomnia fro both children and adults.
I work part time in the NHS delivering counselling and CBT and clinical research for people with psychosis, and their families, with leading clinical psychologists at the South London and Maudsley NHS trust, King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience and City University London.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications and Experience
- Counselling and Psychological Therapy for Bi-Polar, (Manic Depression), Anxiety Depression and Addiction. NHS , The Maudsley, King's College London and The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, (IoPPN).
- Counselling, CBT and Psychotherapist- Therapy Harley Street and Putney Wellness Clinic.
- CBT, for Anxiety and Depression, Sutton and Merton NHS Service.
- Clinical Research in Psychosis, Bipolar and family interventions.
- Putney Counselling Clinic, South West London - SW15
- Family and Relationship issues
- Children and teenagers counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis at King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology - Cognitive, Social and Child psychology - Open University
- BSc(hons) Management Science, Organisational and Occupational Psychology. Manchester University
- -Psychological Intervention for Adolescents and Children, at The Maudsley Hospital, NHS.
- Post Graduate Certificate Clinical hypnotherapy - University of West London.
- Certificate of Personal, Professional and Development in Clinical Hypnosis - Thames Valley University
- Katherine Graves Diploma in Hypnobirthing.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and gut related counselling.
counselling for anxiety
counselling for depression and post natal depression.
counselling for insomnia
counselling for anger management.
Photos & videos
- Counselling in Putney Counselling Clinic - South West London - 50 minutes session from £90-£120
- Clinical hypnotherapy - 50 minutes session £90-£120
- Group hypnobirthing classes for parents from £250
- IBS Counselling and hypnotherapy £90-£120
- Stop smoking at 90 minutes £250
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday Friday and Saturday9.00 - 21.00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|