*** COVID-19 Update: I will continue to offer all clients the option to meet online via video conferencing software rather than face to face during this difficult, uncertain and worrying time.
Making the first step to contact a therapist can be daunting. However, it can also be the initial step in a journey of transformation and liberation from self-limiting issues holding you back in life. I have sought help from a number of therapists as part of my own journey of personal therapy over the years so am fully familiar with the processes involved as a client.
What you may expect to achieve from working with me is meaningful insight, greater clarity and the ability to develop your inner wisdom. I have helped people with occupational stress, anxiety, infertility, sexual abuse, trauma, depression, relationship difficulties, addictions and life transitions.
I work with individuals in one to one personal therapy as well as with couples in relationship counselling. I can help you to bring awareness to the relationship between what you think, what you feel and your consequential behaviour so that you will have greater insight into the cause of your suffering, or present difficulties. I host a blog about health and well-being and you can read my posts from this link: http://noelbell.net/psychotherapy-blog/
I have spent the past 20 years exploring and studying personal growth, recovery from addictions and inner transformation. Check out my podcasts on my website: http://noelbell.net/podcasts/
In my work, I draw upon a broad spectrum of psychotherapeutic knowledge and tune my approach to match the uniqueness of each individual I work with. I am flexible in my theoretical approach depending on your particular needs. I can draw upon the most effective tools and techniques from a number of schools and traditions including Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Humanist (Person- Centred and Gestalt), Existential and Transpersonal. This, for me, is what it means to be an integrative counsellor so that I may best meet the needs of my clients. See a recent interview I did with a fellow therapist about exploring imagination in psychotherapy.
I am registered and accredited as a psychotherapist with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). I originally trained at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE), the largest training centre for integrative transpersonal psychotherapy in Europe, based in London. The five year postgraduate diploma programme is accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). The CCPE is also a member of the (UKCP). I abide by the UKCP Ethical Code of practice. The training was integrative in nature combining elements of psychodynamic, existential and gestalt within a depth transpersonal approach.
I undertook my psychiatric observational placement at South West London and St. George's NHS Mental Health Trust which gave me an insight into the provision of secondary care services in the NHS. The Trust works in partnership with primary care, social care and voluntary organisations to provide high-quality mental health services in South West London and nationally.
I have a commitment to ongoing professional development so that I am continually updating my skills set and challenging my own unconscious biases. See a summary of the recent short courses I have undertaken under the training, qualifications and experience section.
I believe that it is essential that you feel comfortable and safe with your therapist so that you can start an open and frank dialogue. Research has indicated that the working alliance (how you get on with your therapist) is as important as any other factor in successful therapeutic outcomes. I am happy to have a telephone chat in the first instance if you feel that this would help you to decide whether you want to meet me.
My previous life experience has involved management consultancy, financial trading and broadcasting. Prior to qualification as a psychotherapist I was a management consultant in London and have personal experience of working in pressured and stressful corporate environments. I see clients in London SE1 close to More London SE1
I also offer online counselling from the comfort of your own home. I hold a current enhanced criminal record certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formerly the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
I can also offer tailored training to your organisation on ways of working with addicted clients (drugs, alcohol, internet, sex/pornography, gambling and social media/smartphone) as part of a CPD programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy a foundation programme in hypnosis training designed for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists (2017)
Postgraduate Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy – Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE), (validated by the University of Northampton) (2014) and UKCP accredited.
MA Modern European Studies - London Metropolitan University (1999)
Other short courses (CPD) attended:
- Restoring of life after Trauma Melissa Bradley-Ball M.S., NCC, B.C.E.T.S. F.A.A.E.T.S, September 2021
- Family Constellations and Systemic Constellations Using the tools and techniques passed down by Bert Hellinger. Janet Love UKCP, March 2021
- Sibling Matrix Training Looking at how sibling relationships can set a blueprint for how we behave in groups. Val Parker UKCP, February 2021
- Rainbow Map How the sympathetic nervous system works and how we up/down regulate hyper/hypo arouse. Andrew Thomas BACP, December 2020
- History of the Mind Imperial College/UKCP, Autumn 2020
- Embodiment Conference International speakers on how different embodied practices can work together to heal emotional distress, trauma and addictions. October, 2020
- Trauma Summit world’s leading experts in the field of trauma and trauma recovery presented their latest research and understanding of trauma and how it effects individuals, families and communities. June 2020
- Psychodrama experiential weekend, London Centre for Psychodrama (Anna Chesner), May 2019.
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery, PODS Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors, July 2017.
- Hypnosis, inductions, regression, ego strengthening, IMR and language patterns National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, 2017
- Eros in the Counselling Room Exploring erotic transference in the therapy room. Ruth Morgan BACP, 2016.
- Group facilitator for Gestalt weekend on diploma course, CCPE, 2015, 2016 & 2018.
- The Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5): Dr Ed Burns, Consultant Psychiatrist, SW London & St George’s NHS Mental Health Trust, 2014 a) Mood disorders, b) schizophrenia & dissociation, c) personality disorders and d) Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
- Facilitation of a two day workshop comprising of 6 participants on addictions using creative imagination techniques, CCPE, 2014.
- Safeguarding awareness, Gamcare, 2014.
- Voluntary supervision of Foundation year students, CCPE, 2014.
- Helping clients cope with compulsive gambling, Gamcare, 2013.
- Facilitation of Groups, Professor Julia Buckroyd, Foundations UK, 2013.
- Dealing with Trauma Workshop, Mark Brayne, 2012.
- NLP introduction, NLP Dynamics, 2012. (Certificate awarded).
- Life Coaching, Coaching Academy, 2012. (Certificate awarded).
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Assessments for Employee Assistance Programmes.
Life coaching and life transitions.
Study tuition for students. (See here for more information http://noelbell.net/tutorials-and-help-with-essay-writing/ )
£100.00 per session
Concessions offered for
If you have any questions I would be happy to discuss them before making an appointment. Just call me on my mobile number and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Any notice less than 48 hours notice will incur full fee charge.
Please contact me directly about my availability.
I also speak in the media on all matters related to addiction, mental health and related news stories. Contact me for more information. See a recent contribution to Sky News.
See also my interview with Robin Shohet about appreciative enquiry and consultative supervision.