N. Alex Moseley
The Practice Rooms
15-16 Castle Street
- Free exploratory first session
- Evening sessions available
- Rates charged according to income
I see counselling as an opportunity to help us to come home to ourselves, so we feel at home in our own skin, with all our worries, difficulties, joys and gifts, with all of our darkness and light – with the uniqueness of who we are.
Whether you are feeling anxious, angry, sad, ashamed, envious, lost, uncertain or joyful, I invite you to imagine slowing down, breathing more deeply and feeling heard and met just as you are. I offer a warm, soulful, compassionate & creative approach tailored to you.
I am privileged to see many people who are seeking support with managing difficult situations and major life transitions such as bereavement, anxiety, depression, loss of purpose, trauma, career changes and illness.
Why choose me? I have particular interest and experience in working with the issues of anxiety, navigating change and life's transitions, feeling lost and lacking in purpose, bereavement and the impact of society on us. Counselling with me may include a whole range of approaches, including myth, nature and the elements, mindfulness, a solution focus, archetypes, ritual and looking through the lens of depth and soul.
I have worked with clients to explore issues around subjects such as:
- relationships, intimacy and sexuality
- anxiety and depression
- illness, grief and bereavement
- feeing low, lost or 'depressed'
- ageing and bereavement
- money problems
- family breakdowns and changes
- seeking meaning and purpose
- career changes, body image and much more
Call or email me to take your next step
If this resonates with you, and you want to find out more...
- Call or email me to have a free exploratory session to find out if is right for you.
- If it is, we will arrange a second session to agree how we will work together, setting the days and times, fees, and exploring further what you would like to bring.
- If it is not right for you, hopefully it will be a step forward so that you are clearer on the type of counsellor and counselling you are looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Integrative Transpersonal Counselling, accredited by the BACP, from Re-Vision in London. I have been offering counselling since 2014, honoured by the privilege of seeing clients who are seeking support with managing difficult situations and major life transitions such as bereavement, anxiety, depression, trauma, career changes and illness.
In October 2017 I facilitated a workshop on 'Relationships, Body Image and Intimacy' for a local cancer charity. In April 2017 I co-facilitated a workshop for MOSAIC in Birmingham on 'Understanding Trauma'.
My most recent professional development has been in 'Solution Focused Therapy' at the University of Plymouth, September 2017.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I don't like using the term 'disorder' unless you find it helpful. I believe that there is a lot more to understanding someone than a label that they are given, although being given a label can sometimes be experienced as a relief.
Photos & videos
I have a couple of places available at £30 per hour for those on low incomes. These tend to be in high demand so please do ask about availability.
I generally charge £40 - £60 per hour depending on your ability to pay.
I have a background in working in sexual health, in the HE sector, training professionals and young people, and management.
I also co-facilitate a men's group at the University of Plymouth.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings and Tuesday/Thursday afternoons. Some other appointments available to suit.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|