The Relationship Hub - Mary T Aaron (MBACP)
The Brentwood Clinic
31 Shenfield Road
Welcome to the Relationship Hub.
So what can counselling for do for you?
What do you know about counselling?
I was asked what my niche was, well organically my niche has become everything relationship, relationships are my passion, I work with individuals and couples in all kinds of relationships, presenting with all kinds of issues, The most common issues I work with are: disconnection from others, Lack of intimacy, infidelity, money issues, no time with or for the relationship/s, inability to be heard, difficult communication issues, are just some issues clients present with.
When I ask clients what they want from their relationships whether they are single or in a relationship, the one thing every client says is happiness. Happiness, is huge, yet can feel like it’s impossible to have or achieve.
How did I get into the world of relationships? Well I’ve had them, disastrous ones, good ones, I have relationships with my daughters, their partners good and not so good. However never before have I had a relationship with anyone like the one I’m in now.
So why is this different? , well I believe as I was single for some time by choice, divorced from my second husband, I consciously decided I had to figure me out before I tried to figure out how to have a relationship.
So I embarked on the best, fun journey I got to know me, I got to know me through my siblings, my friends, my kids. I figured why I did what I did, why I thought like I did and where it all came from.
I figured where my deal breakers where, the line to which I would not go below, What I would and would not accept in a relationship, and that is with anyone, family or partners, by discovering my deal breakers I could see how I had allowed myself to go below this imaginary line and drop my standards to meet the standards of others, just so I could remain in the relationship.
By getting to know me my level of care for me became paramount and my level of love and self-respect rose, and so now I do not go below the “ deal breaker line”.
My goal now is to explore with clients their ideal relationships, help them to look at who they are, what they bring to their relationships and challenge and change what does not work.
We cannot change what we do not know, so digging deep to find our true authentic self.
I have studied for years, to work in the field of therapy/ counselling. I have worked for years in the field of therapy/ counselling. I studied at the Tavistock where I trained to be a Couple Therapist. I worked for NHS as a therapist/ counsellor , throughout my career I was always asked what is your niche, everyone put my niche as couple work, but it didn’t feel right, then my friend said you’re like a relationship expert, and that’s when it came to me, my niche is relationships, whether with ourselves, our lovers, our friends ,our children. Indeed any relationships I believe I can bring my knowledge, my love and my passion, to all kinds of relationships, young or old.
Training, qualifications & experience
•BA integrative psychotherapy.
•Certified CfD Couple Therapist.
•Family Therapy Certificate.
•Foundation Degree in Humanistic Therapy.
•Certified Rewind Practitioner for Trauma.
•Certified Rewind Trainer.
- Past experience, 20 years in the field of domestic violence.
- Basildon Mind. Counsellor
- NHS primary Care Therapist
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Individuals £50
- Couple £75
- Online Counselling, same price.
call ; 07539738191
* SKYPE THERAPY OFFERED FOR INDIVIDUALS AND COUPLES*
•If you prefer not to meet in-person, online is a practical option
• If you’re busy and find meeting for a 50-minute appointment a struggle, online is convenient
• If you live in a rural area and geographically isolated, or ill and housebound, online is an accessible solution
Please contact me to arrange free initial online assessment.
This offers much more flexibility (message me for availability)
Skype Therapy has revolutionized therapy because modern technology is changing the way we communicate.
Although nothing can replace traditional face-to-face therapy, Skype Therapy has made therapy accessible to everyone, anywhere.
It has been proven that it does not really matter what style of therapy is used, the main factor affecting the success of therapy is whether the client can identify with, relates to, get on well with or just plainly likes the therapist.
This ‘therapeutic relationship’, as it is known, will obviously have a far better chance of being successful when the client has a wider selection of therapy to choose.
· It particularly suits people with busy or chaotic lifestyles, where being tied to a weekly appointment is inconvenient or impossible.
· With Skype Therapy there are no buses or trains to catch, no parking spaces to find or pay for and generally less time lost to travel and waiting. As sessions can often be scheduled between work commitments, Skype Therapy is more flexible than face-to-face sessions.
· Whether on holiday or temporarily or permanently relocate, you can continue your work together.
· Skype is easy to set up and free – even for a computer novice.
· All you need is a broadband connection and either a PC, laptop, netbook, tablet, phone, Smartphone or other internet-ready device.
· Broadband technology has developed enough to ensure a reliable, real-time connection.
· Skype to Skype is a free service. You only pay for the therapy itself.
· Skype Therapy is available via a downloadable app on your Android or Apple device.
· Anxious and paranoid feelings are less likely with no intimidating waiting rooms.
· Clients often feel more comfortable in their own environment, helping them to relax and speak more openly.
· With a non-local therapist, clients need not fear bumping into them in public
· Choosing a therapist is not limited to your geographic location, you may choose a therapist from almost anywhere in the world.
Clients are often surprised how comfortable they feel and find themselves more able to ‘open up’, and share personal details because they feel safer and more relaxed in their own home.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Online Therapy.please contact .call 07539738191
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|