Mary Aaron. Skype therapies. BA.Integrative Psychotherapy.MBACP
*Anxiety, General Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Relationship Issues, Infidelity.*
* LABELS LABELS LABELS *
Why do some people suffer with anxiety, whether generalised or specific anxieties? Why do some couples struggle and have relationship difficulties? Why do some people suffer from depression?
These questions I think create the difficulty rather than help the situation. We imply in the questions that we are somehow different to others because we have anxiety, or relationship issues, we suggest we are different or "less than" because we have been diagnosed with General anxiety Disorder or Depression. This perception has the potential to isolate us and create more difficulties.
I would like to say, it could be argued we all have anxieties. We all have the potential to become depressed, all relationships are more likely than not to go through difficulties. in my experience, how we value ourselves, what we have seen and learned in our childhood, what our learning of relationships is about, is what shapes our mental health in the present, and then it is how we view the situation , how we approach this in terms of getting help, how we encompass support.
I am the mother of 4 grown daughters , the step mum to two children, I have grandchildren, I have experienced loss, I have experienced divorce, I have had anxieties, I have been depressed, the most important tool to get me through was the support and help I sought, and the value I put on myself and my mental health.
My name is Mary Aaron. I am an Integrative Psychotherapist. Qualified and Experienced couples therapist, having trained at The Tavistock Centre, London, UK, internationally renowned experts.
I currently work, part-time within an NHS setting; I also have a private practice.
My passion is working with couples. I have been described as warm and open, however I also believe I am honest in my approach and feel it is a gift to challenge clients to discover their authentic self.
I also work with individuals who present with many issues, including relationship problems, bereavement, depression and anxiety issues.
I am a member of BACP and am on their accredited register.
HOW CAN THERAPY HELP YOU?
Therapy can help to untangle and look at your present circumstances, allowing you to improve your situation, open your mind and give you choices and options.
The unique Counselling relationship, once developed, allows you to feel listened to and understood by someone who cares but remains objective and non-judgemental, allowing you to develop and own your decision and choices.
Clients come from all walks of life, lots of different backgrounds but they all relate in one way and that is, that they don't know how to change their present situation, they feel stuck or lost and this can be quite a scary place to be. The effect of feeling lost or stuck and feeling as though your options are lost can manifest in anxieties or depression.
Anxiety comes in many shapes and forms, whether in our relationships or just running through our lives, therapy gives you the opportunity to deal with your anxieties and create a calm space.
I feel I'm warm and approachable, I also believe I am supportive and that I offer respect and honesty and enable and encourage your voice to be heard
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation degree in humanistic therapy.
- Family therapy certificate.
- BA integrative psychotherapy
- Certified CfD couple therapist.
- Certified rewind practitioner for trauma.
- Certified rewind trainer .
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Behaviour problems
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
* SKYPE THERAPY OFFERED FOR INDIVIDUALS AND COUPLES*
•If you prefer not to meet in-person, online is a practical option
• If you’re busy and find meeting for a 50-minute appointment a struggle, online is convenient
• If you live in a rural area and geographically isolated, or ill and housebound, online is an accessible solution
Please contact me to arrange free initial online assessment.
This offers much more flexibility (message me for availability)
Skype counseling has revolutionized therapy because modern technology is changing the way we communicate.
Although nothing can replace traditional face-to-face therapy, Skype counseling has made therapy accessible to everyone, anywhere.
It has been proven that it does not really matter what style of counseling is used, the main factor affecting the success of counseling is whether the client can identify with, relates to, get on well with or just plainly likes the therapist.
This ‘therapeutic relationship’, as it is known, will obviously have a far better chance of being successful when the client has a wider selection of counselors to choose.
· It particularly suits people with busy or chaotic lifestyles, where being tied to a weekly appointment is inconvenient or impossible.
· With Skype Therapy there are no buses or trains to catch, no parking spaces to find or pay for and generally less time lost to travel and waiting. As sessions can often be scheduled between work commitments, Skype Therapy is more flexible than face-to-face sessions.
· Whether on holiday or temporarily or permanently relocate, you can continue your work together.
· Skype is easy to set up and free – even for a computer novice.
· All you need is a broadband connection and either a PC, laptop, netbook, tablet, phone, Smartphone or other internet-ready device.
· Broadband technology has developed enough to ensure a reliable, real-time connection.
· Skype to Skype is a free service. You only pay for the therapy itself.
· Skype Therapy is available via a downloadable app on your Android or Apple device.
· Anxious and paranoid feelings are less likely with no intimidating waiting rooms.
· Clients often feel more comfortable in their own environment, helping them to relax and speak more openly.
· With a non-local therapist, clients need not fear bumping into them in public
· Choosing a therapist is not limited to your geographic location, you may choose a therapist from almost anywhere in the world.
Clients are often surprised how comfortable they feel and find themselves more able to ‘open up’, and share personal details because they feel safer and more relaxed in their own home.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Skype please contact. clinics Monday-Tuesday full days. Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|