Mary Aaron. Qualified Couple Therapist. BA.Integrative Psychotherapy.MBACP
56 Codenham Straight
Marriage Counselling vs. Couples Therapy: What’s the Difference?
Marriage counselling and Couples therapy are two popular suggestions for couples struggling with relationship difficulties. Although a lot of people take them as two very similar processes, they actually are quite different.
Marriage Counselling: helps couples handle the challenges of married life. The goal is to get the relationship back on track. It focuses on the ‘now’ and the issues faced by couples recurrently.
Couple Therapy, on the other hand, will require you to tackle your issues from the root. That means going back to your previous fights and arguments to find out where it all started. What makes it unique from counselling is that it could go as far as addressing your individual, personal issues to understand the behaviour you are showing in the relationship. It is more on finding out the why’s rather than the hows.
My name is Mary Aaron. I am an Integrative Psychotherapist. Qualified and Experienced couples therapist, having trained at The Tavistock Centre, London, UK, internationally renowned experts. I currently work, part-time within an NHS setting; I also have a private practice.
My passion is working with couples. I have been described as warm and open, however I also believe I am honest in my approach and feel it is a gift to challenge clients to discover their authentic self.
I am a member of BACP and am on their accredited register.
HOW CAN THERAPY HELP YOU?
Therapy can help to untangle and look at your present circumstances, allowing you to improve your situation, open your mind and give you choices and options.
The unique Counselling relationship, once developed, allows you to feel listened to and understood by someone who cares but remains objective and non-judgemental, allowing you to develop and own your decision and choices.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation degree in humanistic therapy.
- Family therapy certificate.
- BA integrative psychotherapy
- Certified CfD couple therapist.
- Certified rewind practitioner for trauma.
- Certified rewind trainer .
Areas of counselling I deal with
* SKYPE THERAPY OFFERED FOR INDIVIDUALS AND COUPLES*
•If you prefer not to meet in-person, online is a practical option
• If you’re busy and find meeting for a 50-minute appointment a struggle, online is convenient
• If you live in a rural area and geographically isolated, or ill and housebound, online is an accessible solution
Please contact me to arrange free initial online assessment.
This offers much more flexibility (message me for availability)
Skype counseling has revolutionized therapy because modern technology is changing the way we communicate.
Although nothing can replace traditional face-to-face therapy, Skype counseling has made therapy accessible to everyone, anywhere.
It has been proven that it does not really matter what style of counseling is used, the main factor affecting the success of counseling is whether the client can identify with, relates to, get on well with or just plainly likes the therapist.
This ‘therapeutic relationship’, as it is known, will obviously have a far better chance of being successful when the client has a wider selection of counselors to choose.
· It particularly suits people with busy or chaotic lifestyles, where being tied to a weekly appointment is inconvenient or impossible.
· With Skype Therapy there are no buses or trains to catch, no parking spaces to find or pay for and generally less time lost to travel and waiting. As sessions can often be scheduled between work commitments, Skype Therapy is more flexible than face-to-face sessions.
· Whether on holiday or temporarily or permanently relocate, you can continue your work together.
· Skype is easy to set up and free – even for a computer novice.
· All you need is a broadband connection and either a PC, laptop, netbook, tablet, phone, Smartphone or other internet-ready device.
· Broadband technology has developed enough to ensure a reliable, real-time connection.
· Skype to Skype is a free service. You only pay for the therapy itself.
· Skype Therapy is available via a downloadable app on your Android or Apple device.
· Anxious and paranoid feelings are less likely with no intimidating waiting rooms.
· Clients often feel more comfortable in their own environment, helping them to relax and speak more openly.
· With a non-local therapist, clients need not fear bumping into them in public
· Choosing a therapist is not limited to your geographic location, you may choose a therapist from almost anywhere in the world.
Clients are often surprised how comfortable they feel and find themselves more able to ‘open up’, and share personal details because they feel safer and more relaxed in their own home.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Skype please contact. clinics Monday-Tuesday full days. Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|