Marta De Madariaga Lopez
My name is Marta, I am a Clinical Psychologist working in the beautiful surroundings of Eastbourne. I will offer you a friendly, supportive and professional space to explore any thoughts and feelings that may be causing you distress. It is important that you know that you are not alone, I am here to help and support you to overcome any difficulties you are facing at the moment. With my help, you will enjoy life again.
I am a specialist in assessing your needs, and I am highly skilled in finding solutions that fit you and your circumstances. Everyone is an individual so I tailor each of my sessions and advice to each of my clients.
I am trained to offer a range of different therapeutic approaches including:
- Psychometric testing
- Memory and Neuropsychology assessment
- Organisational consultations
What To Expect
We will start with an initial assessment, this is not a test or anything to worry about. It is so I can assess your needs, wants and desired outcomes so I can make sure I can offer you everything you need.
The general assessment normally follows this process:
1) Meeting with me so I can develop a greater understanding the difficulties you are facing at the moment.
2) Filling out a questionnaire.
An assessment might be completed over a number of sessions and its duration varies mainly depending on the complexity of the issues and the number of people involved.
I also offer memory assessment, details of which can be found on my website. The link is provided above.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 14 years of professional clinical experience working in the public and private sectors.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- MSc in Cognitive Neuropsychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Computing Science
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsych)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP)
- BPS approved supervisor – Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS)
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Memory and other cognitive matters including neuro-degenerative diseases
- Mindfulness-based approaches
- Life after retirement
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Neuropsychology/Memory assessment, report and feedback
Photos & videos
Because I create a truly individually tailored service I cannot give an exact estimate without meeting the person/group/family/organisation, and assessing their needs accordingly.
Charges made to insurance companies will be priced accordingly. I am registered as a healthcare provider with: AXA PPP, Pru Health, WPA, Simplyhealth, Aviva and Doctors Chambers (UK) and Bodycare Clinics Ltd.
In cases of special hardship, we may negotiate on price, this will be decided on a case by case basis.
Types of Sessions
I can offer sessions to individuals, groups and organisations. Sessions can be held face to face, onine, via telephone, and email contacts depending on your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Days, Evenings and some Saturdays.