Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Accredited Registered MBACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Welcoming, affordable therapist working with adults and young people.
Counselling offers you a safe, non judgmental space where you can freely explore your inner thoughts and feelings in confidence. Emotional, spiritual and personal anxieties often mount up and we can be left feeling sad, stuck and overwhelmed.
As a counsellor I believe you have the right...
To be heard.
To be valued and trusted that you are doing the best you can.
To have my undivided attention while I am with you.
I will acknowledge your pain and struggle; celebrating with you the fact that you are here, striving to be more at peace with yourself and the world.
Knowing that you are the expert in your own life; trusting that with patience, new tools for growth and self compassion, you will remember this.
Old patterns, childhood wounding and triggers can make life exhausting when left un addressed.
Through self enquiry, theoretic input and feeling truly heard, you will begin to unravel your story, gaining a greater insight of your inner and outer worlds.
Rather than having a one shoe fits all approach I am very much about seeing what will work for YOU.
Together, we will build a coping framework to suit your individual needs.
I am located at my welcoming home practice in Whitley Bay.
* I have a Covid-19 Health and Safety Risk Assessment in place and have taken all reasonable measures to ensure client and therapist safety. *
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified, practicing Therapist for 16yrs
- Current private practice working with adults and young people.
- GP Counsellor
- Child and Adolescent Counsellor in school and residential home settings.
- Counsellor at Northumbria University Student Services
- Associate Counsellor of a private practice
- Director of a Well-Being Centre
- Over 20 years experience working in the field of Health and Social Care
- 1-1 Voice Therapy and Meditation Group Facilitator
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- HNC in Counselling skills and theory
- NCFE levels 1 & 2 in Counselling skills and theory
- Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 in Safe Guarding Young People
- Fully Registered Member of BACP
- Various workshops and courses including Bereavement, Relationships, Addictions, Counselling Males, Domestic Abuse, Play Therapy, Sound Therapy and Meditation. Trauma and the Nervous System.
- I am 49 years old, Im a mother and grandmother of two. I feel rich in life experience, having experienced many turbulent and challenging times myself.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer Life Coaching,
Life Coaching combines the nurturing, accepting qualities of Counselling, but can be accessed shorter term, to explore a specific area of concern or perhaps look at future goal planning. We work together using various methods of enquiry to give back the perspective and clarity we can so often lose when we cant 'see the wood for the trees'
This is a rich form of Self care and an excellent tool for growth.
From £40.00 to £48.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
* I offer a reduced rate of £40 if total income is less than £15,000 per annum (T&C's apply)
Adults £48/43 sliding scale
Young Person (under 18) £55/50 sliding scale
If money is the barrier to you attending Counselling I will try to accommodate this.
When I work
I currently practice-
Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays 11.30-7.00pm
Testimonials from clients:
My work includes :
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Life Coaching
- One to One voice exploration therapy
- Meditation and Relaxation groups and retreats