Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Welcoming, experienced therapist, working with adults and young people.
Counselling offers you a safe, non judgmental space where you can freely explore your inner thoughts and feelings in confidence. Emotional, spiritual and personal anxieties often mount up and we can be left feeling sad, stuck and overwhelmed.
As a counsellor I believe you have the right...
To be heard.
To be valued and trusted that you are doing the best you can.
To have my undivided attention while I am with you.
I will acknowledge your pain and struggle; celebrating with you the fact that you are here, striving to be more at peace with yourself and the world.
Knowing that you are the expert in your own life; trusting that with patience, new tools for growth and self compassion, you will remember this.
Through self enquiry, counselling theories and feeling truly heard, you will begin to unravel your story, gaining a greater insight of your inner and outer worlds.
Rather than having a one shoe fits all approach I am very much about seeing what will work for YOU.
Together, we will build a coping framework to suit your individual needs.
Young People (12-18) : I offer a safe, relaxed, easy going, yet professional approach, built on my back ground as a youth worker and educational counsellor.
I am located at my welcoming home practice in Whitley Bay.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified, practicing Therapist for 17 years
- Over 20 years experience in the Health and Social Care field
- Current private practice working with adults and young people.
- GP Counsellor
- Child and Adolescent Counsellor in school and residential home settings.
- Counsellor at Northumbria University Student Services
- Associate Counsellor of a private practice
- Director of a Well-Being Centre
- Certified Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Specialist (ASDCS) -current training
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- HNC in Counselling
- NCFE levels 1 & 2 in Counselling
- Higher National Diploma in Social Care
- Understanding Autism Certificate - Autistic Society
- Level 2 in Safe Guarding Young People
- Level 2 Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- Fully Registered Member of BACP
- Various workshops and courses including Bereavement, Relationships, Addictions, Counselling Males, Domestic Abuse, Play Therapy, Sound Therapy and Meditation. Trauma and the Nervous System
- I am 50 years old, I'm a mother and grandmother of two. I feel rich in life experience, having experienced many turbulent and challenging times myself.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer Life Coaching,
Life Coaching combines the nurturing, accepting qualities of Counselling, but can be accessed shorter term, to explore a specific area of concern or perhaps look at future goal planning. We work together using various methods of enquiry to give back the perspective and clarity we can so often lose when we cant 'see the wood for the trees'
This is a rich form of Self care and an excellent tool for growth.
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Adults £60/ £55 conc.
Young Person (12–18yrs) £70/£65 conc.
Concession rate applies where your total household income is less that £28,000
If money is a barrier to you attending therapy I may be able to offer some discount, please just ask.
I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation
When I work
I currently practice-
Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays 11.30-6.30pm.
I offer weekly, and where possible, fortnightly appointments as I appreciate not everyone can attend weekly.
Testimonials from clients:
My work includes :
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Life Coaching
- One to One voice exploration therapy
- Meditation and Relaxation groups and retreats