Welcoming, experienced therapist working with adults and young people.
Counselling offers you a safe, non judgmental space where you can freely explore your inner thoughts and feelings in confidence. Emotional, spiritual and personal anxieties often mount up and we can be left feeling sad, stuck and overwhelmed.
As a counsellor I believe you have the right...
To be heard.
To be valued and trusted that you are doing the best you can.
To have my undivided attention while I am with you.
I will acknowledge your pain and struggle; celebrating with you the fact that you are here, striving to be more at peace with yourself and the world.
Knowing that you are the expert in your own life; trusting that with patience, new tools for growth and self compassion, you will remember this.
Old patterns, childhood wounding and triggers can make life exhausting when left un addressed.
Through self enquiry, theoretic input and feeling truly heard, you will begin to unravel your story, gaining greater a insight of your inner and outer worlds.
Rather than having a one shoe fits all approach I am very much about seeing what will work for YOU.
Together, we will build a coping framework to suit your individual needs.
I am located at my welcoming home practice in Whitley Bay.
* I have a Covid-19 Health and Safety Risk Assessment in place and have taken all reasonable measures to ensure client and therapist safety. *
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified, practicing Therapist for 16yrs
- Current private practice working with adults and young people.
- GP Counsellor
- Child and Adolescent Counsellor in school and residential home settings.
- Counsellor at Northumbria University Student Services
- Associate Counsellor of a private practice
- Director of a Well-Being Centre
- Over 20 years experience working in the field of Health and Social Care
- 1-1 Voice Therapy and Meditation Group Facilitator
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- HNC in Counselling skills and theory
- NCFE levels 1 & 2 in Counselling skills and theory
- Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 in Safe Guarding Young People
- Fully Registered Member of BACP
- Various workshops and courses including Bereavement, Relationships, Addictions, Counselling Males, Domestic Abuse, Play Therapy, Sound Therapy and Meditation. Trauma and the Nervous System.
- I am 48 years old, Im a mother and grandmother of two. I feel rich in life experience, having experienced many turbulent and challenging times myself.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer Life Coaching,
Life Coaching combines the nurturing, accepting qualities of Counselling, but can be accessed shorter term, to explore a specific area of concern or perhaps look at future goal planning. We work together using various methods of enquiry to give back the perspective and clarity we can so often lose when we cant 'see the wood for the trees'
This is a rich form of Self care and an excellent tool for growth.
From £43.00 to £48.00
Free initial telephone consultation
Thereafter sessions are
Adults: £48/£43 concession
Under 18: £55/50 concession
Please get in touch with any queries, if money is a barrier to you attending I will aim to accommodate wherever possible.
I currently practice-
Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays 11.30-6.30pm
Testimonials from clients:
My work includes :
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Life Coaching
- One to One voice exploration therapy
- Meditation and Relaxation groups and retreats