Marnie Cameron Counsellor Registered MBACP
Tyne And Wear
I strongly believe that talking therapies should be accessible to all and I aim to reflect this in my social pricing structure. Being heard and valued shouldn't be a luxury.
Many of us face times in our lives where things just seem too much. Emotional, spiritual and personal difficulties often mount up and we can be left feeling stuck and overwhelmed.
Counselling offers you a safe, non judgmental space where you can freely explore your inner thoughts and feelings in confidence.
Through being truly listened to you will begin to unravel your story, where you can start to gain a greater insight of your inner and outer worlds.
As a counsellor I believe you have the right...
To be heard.
To be valued and trusted that you are doing the best you can.
To have my undivided attention while I am with you.
I will acknowledge your pain and struggle; celebrating with you the fact that you are here, striving to be more at peace with yourself and the world.
Knowing that you are the expert in your own life and trusting that with patience, unconditional positive regard and empathy, you will remember this.
As well as being an experienced, qualified counsellor using skills and theory, I utilise many other techniques in a therapeutic context .
Rather than having a one shoe fits all approach I am very much about seeing what will work for YOU.
Together, we will build a coping framework to suit your individual needs.
I am located at my welcoming home practice in Whitley Bay.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified, practicing Counsellor since 2005
- Current private practice working 1-1 with adults
- Current work as GP Counsellor
- Director of a Well-Being Centre
- Associate of a Private Practice working 1-1 with adult clients
- Child and Adolescent Counsellor
- Counsellor at Northumbria University Student Services
- Over 20 years experience working in the field of Health and Social Care
- 1-1 Voice Therapy and Meditation Group Facilitator
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- HNC in Counselling skills and theory
- NCFE levels 1 & 2 in Counselling skills and theory
- Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Fully Registered Member of BACP
- Various workshops and short courses including Bereavement, Relationships, Addictions, Brief Therapy, Counselling Males, Domestic Abuse, Play Therapy and Sound Therapy.
- I am dedicated to enhancing my practice as a Counsellor by attending regular supervision, workshops and retreats around self development and specific therapeutic interventions.
- I am 44 years old and feel rich in life experience, having experienced many turbulent and challenging times myself.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
An initial, informal session is £25
Thereafter session fees are based on your household income, £35 - £45
For Couple Counselling/Group Counselling rates please enquire.
I also offer reduced rate sessions at £25 for a maximum of 6 weeks (terms and conditions apply).
I strongly believe that talking therapies should be accessible to all and I aim to reflect this in my social pricing structure.
I offer 1-1 Voice Therapy and Meditation groups.
Marnie Cameron is an experienced singer, performer and recording artist.
Over the years it became clear to her that there was more to singing than met the ear!
This prompted her to complete various workshops and retreats around vocal techniques and voice work.
Inspired by this training and her work as a counsellor, Marnie decided to set up voice workshops to allow individuals to express themselves emotionally and spiritually.
Marnie has worked collaboratively with local musicians, various groups and agencies such as ‘Big Local’, NHS and community groups in the North-East. She was one of three original Directors of The Vault Creative Well-Being Centre in Wallsend.
- One to One voice exploration work
- Various chanting and singing groups and workshops
- Bespoke Workshops around Mental Health Issues
- Meditation and Relaxation groups
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to suit need and can offer daytime, evening and occasional weekend appointments, subject to availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|