Mark Goodwin MBACP Dip.Couns.
I help people to feel better about themselves and empowered to make positive changes to their lives. Being truly heard (perhaps for the first time) by someone who will never judge, dictate to, or betray you, can be a profoundly healing experience. With growing trust and commitment, negative thoughts and feelings can be explored, understood and overcome. Regrets about the past and fears for the future can be replaced by fulfilment in the present.
My approach is integrative, drawing on different schools of thought, including psychodynamic, person-centred and cognitive/behavioural, to find what works best for each client, the issues that arise and the stage of our therapeutic relationship.
Issues which I have been able to help clients to address include:
- Anxiety, including panic attacks
- Stress, for example at work
- Loss, including relationship breakdown, bereavement and redundancy
- Low self-esteem/shame/identity issues
- Obsessional thinking, including OCD, OCPD and perfectionism
- Overwhelming emotions such as anger, guilt, envy
- Trust and control issues, e.g. in relationships
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Trained and experienced bereavement counsellor
- Agency, charity and private practice experience of open-ended and time-limited therapy
- An earlier career in leadership roles in dispute resolution, ethics, communications and international relations for a major professional standards organisation has provided an insight into work-related issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£75 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, including evenings. The consulting room is within 2 minutes' walk from Barbican underground station.
Types of client