Reg and Accredited ACC, Dip.Couns, Dip.Sup
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
How to contact me
You can contact me by phone or by email. My normal hours of work are Tuesday - Friday from 9.00am until 5.00pm and I will aim to reply to any messages within 24 hours. I do offer evening counselling sessions but I am unlikely to be answering my phone in the evening. However, you are welcome to text and I will get back to you by the next working day. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the counselling process by phone or by email.
Free Assessment Session
It is important that you feel comfortable working with me. Before counselling commences I offer a free half hour assessment session where I will take down some details and you get the opportunity to explain why you are seeking counselling. There is no obligation to continue with the counselling following the assessment.
Some Further Details about me
- I am an experienced counsellor, supervisor and trainer who has been in practice for over 30 years.
- I can offer in person counselling in Coventry and also counselling delivered by either zoom or telephone.
- I provide counselling for many different issues including low mood, stress and anxiety, addiction issues including sexual addiction, loss and bereavement and trauma including complex trauma.
- I use an integrative approach and will adapt the counselling to suit the client.
- I am able to offer CBT, creative interventions and also relaxation and stabilisation techniques.
- I am a practicing Christian. Although I normally use a secular approach when counselling I also have experience working with clients who would like the therapy to include Christian or spiritual elements.
- I work with adults and also young people aged 14 and over.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling 2005. Barnabus Training Consortium
- Level 5 Diploma in Counselling Supervision. CPCAB
- I have been an Accredited Counsellor with the ACC since 2007
- I have been Registered with the PSA since 2015
- In 2017 I became Accredited at Counsellor Manager Level.
- From April 2011 to May 2022 I led a counselling charity called New Hope Counselling which I helped to set up. I managed a team of over 40 counsellors.
- I have completed over 6,000 hours of supervised counselling.
- I have a Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling. Counselling Tutor
- I have a Certificate in Complex Trauma 2021. Janina Fisher - PESI
Association for Christian Counsellors (ACC)
The Association of Christian Counsellors is a professional body representing and setting standards for Christian counselling and care in the UK. The organisation is made up of various different membership categories, including Counsellor and Accredited, and requires all members working as counsellors to undertake Continuous Professional Development on a regular basis.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £45.00 per session.
I am able to offer a reduced fee of £35.00 for students in full time education or for those who are unemployed.