Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello - I'm a BACP registered and insured counselling psychotherapist with a masters degree in psychotherapy and 20 years working in the field of psychology. I am currently working with clients who have been referred by NHS GPs or who have self-referred.
Whether you are experiencing depression, anxiety, grief, relationship or self-esteem difficulties or just a sense of unease, I can offer a compassionate, warm and non-judgemental environment to help make sense of your difficulties.
I understand how difficult it is to find the right therapist. I have worked with young people between 16 - 25 in the charitable sector and older adults in residential care. I am registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and am a member of the British Psychological Society. I am also a member of the British Psychological Society's Media Ethics Advisory Group advocating good practice in television and radio. I was previously a BBC programme-maker for 20 years specialising in child development so have significant experience of workplace and work/life issues. I am also a former palliative carer and Samaritan volunteer.
I trained for over seven years at leading universities in the field and was awarded a master's degree with Distinction in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy as well as a First-Class degree in Applied Psychology. I am also qualified in Mental Health First Aid.
If you are looking for compassionate short or long-term online or telephone therapy then please do get in touch to discuss next steps.
Training, qualifications & experience
- M.A. Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (Distinction) (University of Roehampton)
- Postgraduate Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling (University of Roehampton)
- Postgraduate Certificate Psychotherapy and Counselling (Regents University)
- BA (Hons) Applied Psychology (1st Class) (University of Sussex)
- Holistic Trauma, The Weekend University/NCP
- Mental Health First Aider, University of Roehampton/PHE
- Using the Self in Psychotherapy, Weekend University
- BACP accredited CPD in Safeguarding and Child Protection, LGBTQIA, Suicide Awareness, Self-harm, Development disorders, Dissociative disorders, Medication, Art Therapy, HYCS,
- Samaritans Training and Safeguarding
- Unconscious Bias, Child Protection and Data Protection, BBC,
- CBT with Older People, University of East Anglia,
- Psychological First Aid for Children and Young People, PHE,
- Zero Suicide Alliance Training/Royal College of Nursing,
- Single Session Therapy, SDS Seminars,
- Working with Adult Survivors of Child Abuse certified by NAPAC, accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) and approved by the BPS Learning Centre
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
When I work
Flexible availability - please contact to discuss.