Lisa Scarborough, Dip. Couns, MBACP
The Exeter Mind And Body Clinic
The Dartmoor Centre For Counselling And Psychotherapy (D C C P)
20 Courtenay Park
Hello I'm Lisa. Welcome to my profile. I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I know through my own experience of finding the 'right' counsellor how overwhelming it can be with so much choice.
I can offer you a counselling service that is friendly, professional and affordable. With a choice of locations, I can see you either in the heart of Exeter near the Cathedral, or at a venue close to the centre of Newton Abbot.
My approach to counselling:
I have a warm personality that will help you to feel at ease, supported, listened to and never feel judged. I believe in the power of talking therapy and the importance of building a solid foundation of trust within our counselling relationship.
You are the focus of the counselling work, so I will work in a way that is suited to your individual needs and goals.
I draw on techniques from Gestalt Therapy, (CBT) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness, with the Person-Centred Approach at the core of how we will work together.
While I am alongside you on your journey I will help you to connect with your ‘true’ self. This will enable you to develop coping strategies, overcome emotional challenges, achieve improved well-being and become empowered to make important life choices.
I can offer you counselling support for the following issues:
- Panic attacks
- PMS - self-care and coping strategies
- Health issues
- Lack of motivation
- Social phobia
- Loss and letting go
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Relationship and family issues
- Stress - to include exam related and work-related stress
- Making difficult life choices
I can also offer you careers counselling as I have a background spanning over a decade, in mentoring and careers advice and guidance. I am experienced with supporting people of all ages and sectors of the community, back into employment.
Most of us are in work for much of our life and it is important that we are happy and content doing what we do! Otherwise the price we pay is high and can have a negative impact on our health and well-being, leading to issues such as anxiety, de-motivation, stress, insomnia, relationships problems and even cause addictions to develop.
Could you benefit from Careers Counselling?
I can support you to:
- Find a new career pathway if you feel frustrated or ‘stuck’ in your current situation
- Explore other careers that will give you more job satisfaction
- Change negative patterns of behaviour
- Recognise your unique skills
- Manage work related stress and difficult relationships at work
- Overcome issues that could be affecting your work life
- Understand how negative thoughts may be holding you back from success
- Develop your CV and cover letter
You may be experiencing stress at work that is stopping you from enjoying a job you otherwise like doing.
I can also support you with these work-related issues:
- Work performance stress
- Bullying or conflict with manager/ colleagues
- Depression and anxiety at work
- Confidence issues - low self-esteem at work
- Redundancy concerns
Let me help you to live the life you want and deserve. Call or text me on 07761084388.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CRUSE – Bereavement Care Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course (current training)
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- UKATA Introductory Transactional Analysis 101 Course
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- OCR Level 4 NVQ in Advice and Guidance
- OCR Level 3 NVQ in Advice and Guidance
- NOCN Introduction to Counselling Skills
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Early Bird Plus Parent Support Programme - The National Autistic Society
- 4 years of counselling experience with Counselling for Carers (C4C)
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- I adhere to the code of ethics of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am fully insured to practice counselling.
I am committed to my own Continuing Professional Development and recently completed training in:
- Eating Disorders
- Play Therapy
- The Fiction of Dreams
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
As well as face to face counselling I offer telephone and Skype sessions. I am flexible with the hours that I work and when I could see you.
The cost per session is £40 for 60 minutes.
I believe that counselling should be accessible to everyone and offer a concessionary rate if you are a student or unemployed.
I am also happy to work with student counsellors who are in training.
I can offer you a free short telephone consultation before you commit to an initial appointment.
You are welcome to contact me by the ‘email me’ link at the top of my profile or text or call me on 07761084388.
Your call is important, so please leave a message if it goes through to voicemail and I will return your call.
Thank you for viewing my profile and I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for counselling sessions Monday-Saturday in the morning, afternoon and some evenings.
Types of client