Lisa Roe Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Hypnotherapist/Supervisor
Hello and welcome. I hope you are all staying safe and taking the necessary action in the wake of this increased urgency concerning COVID-19 virus and for the safety necessary to minimise risk, all appointments now only available by phone/FaceTime and Skype. While it’s necessary for us all to draw ourselves inward during this uncertain time I am remaining available for those requiring support. Warmest regards - stay safe and take good care all!
I'm a Registered Psychotherapist/Counsellor/Supervisor and Clinical Practitioner of Hypnosis. My private practice in Rock is a peaceful space within easy reach of Polzeath, Padstow, Port Isaac, Wadebridge and Bodmin, North Cornwall.
I believe EVERYONE has the ability to overcome traumatic losses and experiences, fully adapt, gain resilience to live a full, healthy and positive life.
I provide a Professional, confidential and non-judgmental service for those needing to experience positive change(s) to their emotional, physical and mental well-being. I work on a flexible, long term or short term basis.
Most people experience difficultly at some point in their life whether it's work related, relationship difficulties, trauma, unhappiness, isolation, grief, loss, anxiety, depression etc... or would simply like to understand themselves better.
Taking a first step forward towards understanding one's own struggles creates the journey towards healing, which promotes personal growth and self-empowerment.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 20 years Professional Training & Experience:
- Certificate in Counselling, The University Nottingham (1999-2001)
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy, Trent University Nottingham (2003)
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling, Relate Program (2001)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Distinction), Chrysalis (2009)
- Cert Hypnoanalysis (2010)
- Cert Emotional Freedom Technique (2011)
- Diploma Neuro Linguistic Programming (2011)
- Cert Eyes Movement Desensitisation Reprogramming (2012)
- Cert Transactional Analysis, The Berne Institute (2010)
- Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, The Berne Institute (2010)
- M.A in Counselling, Nottingham University (2014)
- Diploma training in Supervision, The Sherwood Institute (2014)
- Cert: Self harm, Self harm UK (2016)
- Cert: Mindfulness for well-being and peak performance, Monash University (2016)
- Trauma, Attachment and Neuroscience: Bessel Van Der Kolk (2016)
- Resolving Trauma in Psychotherapy: Somatic Healing Peter Levine (2016)
- Cert: Intensive Trauma Studies: Bessel Van Der Kolk 2017)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Intensive Training Cert: Eric Gentry (2018)
- Cert: EMDR & Mindfulness: Interventions for Anxiety, Depression, Panic, Trauma and other disorders. Jamie Marich (2018)
- Complex Trauma & Shame: Somatic Interventions: Janina Fisher (2019)
Over the years I have gained a wealth of experience working as a Practitioner in the Holistic field. As a Mediator for the local Council helping with neighborhood disputes, Clinical settings and within the Education sector. I now work independently in Private practice and I also mentor OU and College students.
I'm interested in all aspects of Mental health, Personal Development, Depression and Holistic healing.
I attend regular supervision with a senior Practitioner ensuring my work is effective. I have professional liability and engage in appropriate Professional Workshops, Seminars and Training.
Memberships: As a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, I am bound by the code of ethics of good practice. GHR (General Hypnotherapy Register).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also Mentor College and University Students, assisting with any issue preventing the learning process.
Fees Per Session: Counselling/Psychotherapy £50 Hypnotherapy £75 For a free 20 minute consultation or advice & information contact me with out any obligation.