In order to support you at this difficult time, I am presently offering new, and existing, clients therapy at a reduced rate via Skype, Email, WhatsApp (FaceTime), and Telephone.
I am a qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Hypnotherapist, Laughter Therapist, Reiki Healer, and EFT Practitioner. I offer these approaches either as part of an integrated programme or as stand-alone therapies. I believe everyone has a unique experience of life and, therefore, I tailor my approach to your individual needs. I provide a safe, confidential, and non-judgemental space, and work with clients to support them in their healing and personal growth.
Before practicing professionally as a Therapist, I worked for over 30-years in Education, and as an Actor and Director of Drama and Physical Theatre(s). I have experience of co-facilitating with the NHS on Stress Reduction courses and was awarded an International Certificate of recognition from LivingWorks, Canada, (July 2015) for my contributions to building Suicide-Safer Communities.
Alongside my private therapy practice, I have short term contracts with Sensory Soft Play, working with SEN children, and Butterflies, Children and Adolescent Therapy for Trauma and Abuse victims. I also practice in the voluntary sector for CRUSE Bereavement Care and Place2Be (Creative Arts Therapy in schools) and have a Therapeutic Theatre Company - Confianca Collaborative.
My areas of treatment include, but are not limited to, Anxiety, Depression, Phobias, Weight Loss, Addictions, Panic Attacks, Trauma, Pain, Anger Management, Stress, Low Self-Esteem and Confidence, and Enhancing Performance.
I am a Professionally Accredited member of both The National Counselling Society and The National Hypnotherapy Society. I am fully insured and comply with professional supervision requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
MENTAL HEALTH / THERAPY QUALIFICATIONS:
- EFT Practitioner Training (Level 2)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (AIM Award L4)
- Bereavement Support Foundation Course
- Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory (AIM Award L4)
- MHFA Instructor Training Certificate
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (AIM Award L3)
- Certificate for Second Degree in Reiki
- Certificate in Laughter Therapy
- Certificate for First Degree in Reiki
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Certificate
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- Mental Health First Aid Lite Certificate
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS include:
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education
- M.A. in Contemporary Performing Arts
- BTEC Certificate in Management Studies
- BA (Hons) (1st Class) Theatre Studies/English Literature
- A Levels English Literature, Music and Theatre Studies
- City & Guilds 730/7 Teachers Certificate
- Acting Diploma
- Foundation Certificate in Theatre Studies
- LAMDA Acting Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals
- ESB Public Speaking Certificate
- Grade 7 Singing (RSM)
- Grade 8 Singing (RSM)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free telephone consultation.
Session fees are on a sliding scale and privately negotiable between the Therapist and Client.
My most recent training includes: Children and Young People Bereavement Therapy; Introduction to Gestalt; Matrix Re-imprinting; Sand Tray Theory and Practice; An Introduction to Drama Therapy; Prevent On-line Training (College of Policing); Safeguarding; Dance Movement Psychotherapy and its use with Depression; Arts Psychotherapies; GDPR Training; Working at Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy; Death of a Child; Bereavement Care; Treating Panic Disorder with Cognitive Behavioural Hypnosis; Self-Harm Awareness; Solution Focused Approaches; and Mindfulness, the Brain, and Therapy.