Linda Witchell MNCS (Acc). CBT Practitioner and Supervisor
I specialise in helping people with stress and general anxiety disorder, panic attacks, worrying and bereavement to feel so much better without being judged. So if you are feeling anxious about personal or work issues or just feel sad and want to change I can help. I'm professional, experienced and friendly. I have been in practice since 2007 and I'm also a counselling teacher and supervisor. I offer Day/evening/ occasional Saturday. appointments. I'm based in Bournemouth but I also do online counselling for some people.
Learn to control those excess worries that could be costing you:
- your relationships
- your job
- those opportunities to develop your potential in life and feel better
It can be difficult to seek help and find the right person for you, so please contact me and chat on the phone first or come and see me in my offices in Bournemouth before deciding to use my services.
Call me in confidence for a free, no obligation chat and get to know me and how I work.
I offer face to face and in some cases online counselling via webcam (Vsee). Day/ evening and some Saturday appointments at no extra charge. Telephone appointments are also sometimes possible. Do something today. Why struggle any longer...
Contact me today and find out how you could feel so much better.
Counselling for Individuals or Couples.
Feel so much better by sharing the problem and making some changes in your life.
Just like you I once had to go to see a counsellor for a stress-related issue. It was difficult to make that decision but once I did I only needed to see her for a few sessions and I felt so much better. Just talking to a caring professional person helped me to realise that I had a choice to feel miserable or to change something.
In my offices I see clients from Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, West Moors, Ferndown, Wimborne, Parley, and surrounding areas in Dorset. I also provide an online service via webcam (Vsee) and telephone counselling service for some clients who are based anywhere else in the UK.
So if you would like help to find solutions to a problem or you would just like to find ways to feel better and get on with your life contact me.
I help adults with stress and anxiety, excess worrying, relationship problems, people lacking in confidence, family issues, work-related problems, fears, phobias, bereavement and other losses, performance issues such as public speaking, exam stress, driving nerves, and much more.
I also help a lot of people with problems related to work such as worries about changing career, bullying at work, and coping with increased demands.
As life has lots of pressures I assist you to learn easy coping strategies so you can deal better with things in the future.
Why choose me?
- You get a professional and confidential service that has already helped many people like you
- Individual or couples counselling offered
- You can speak to me first and find out more at a free initial consultation
- Easy access. Some clients are helped through online/ webcam counselling.
- Convenient appointments during the day or evening at no extra charge.
- Home visits, if suitable, by arrangement. Clients seen at home in the Bournemouth area only (Unfortunately due to travelling and the need for more time an extra charge is made for home visits).
- No hidden charges. Handouts provided if required.
- I'm a member of the National Counselling Society so you know that my credentials have been checked.
For all clients I provide a safe place to talk, I listen and I don't make judgements.
As a retired nurse I like to help people who have visual problems, hearing problems and mobility problems.
Please contact me for availability
Where can I find out more?
Call me during office hours 01202 248468 / 07982258376. (Please leave a message or text if I don't answer as I maybe with a client).
Visit my website www.awakenthechange.co.uk or www.awakenthechange.online
Please contact me today for a Free consultation either face to face or on the telephone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Diploma in Wellbeing and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (level 7)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC award)
- Cruse Bereavement Care Certificate
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Business and Personal Coaching
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- MA Interprofessional Health and Community Care
- BSc(Hons) Nursing Studies
- Ophthalmic Nursing Diploma
- Supervisors Course (Ascentis)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As I am also a retired nurse I can help you with worries about going into hospital for procedures and operations
Chronic health issues such as IBS.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
£50 per 1 hour session (face to face).
Or a session up to one hour via video Skype/Vsee (Information is required before the first session and clients are required to pay for each session in advance). £50. For more information go to www.awakenthechange.online
£70 for couples per 1 hour session (face to face only)
NB Sessions are up to one hour. (Some counsellors only give you 45 - 50 minutes).
Handouts included in the price if required.
There are no extra charges for evening/ Saturday appointments.
A reduce fee is available for trainee counsellors.
Hypnotherapy or coaching programs also available. For further information please visit my fees page on my website www.awakenthechange.co.uk.
Payment accepted by card, BACS or cash. Or via my website www.awakenthechange.online
As I work full time in my therapy business, we should be able to find a time that is convenient for you.
Hypnotherapy and Business/ Life coaching also available.
You will be asked for information at session one including your contact details, your health history and the name and address of your doctor.
Anyone with health problems is advised to consult with their doctor first.
Training provided for other therapists
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Telephone counselling and Online counselling also available via Vsee. This will be particularly helpful for individuals who have mobility problems or difficulties getting to my Bournemouth offices. Specialist in helping visually impaired clients.
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 19.00. Some Saturday appointments also available. Telephone/ Skype/ Vsee counselling by arrangement.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I'm an integrative counsellor but my primary approach these days is with CBT and Person Centred work.