Linda Witchell MNCS (Acc). Specialist Stress & Anxiety/ Bereavement Counsellor.
Are you feeling anxious, sad or worrying? Whatever is troubling you I would like to help. I'm professional, experienced and friendly.
Imagine feeling more relaxed and able to cope. Get that good feeling back into your life.
If you want to change something I can offer you a caring and safe place for us to work together to find the solutions. I don't judge you. I listen and help you to discover a way forward.
***Special reduced rate for people struggling financially due to the Coronavirus. Book 4 sessions and pay online before session one and get a 50% reduction on the usual price.
I know that it can be challenging to seek help and find the right person for you, so please contact me and ask me questions. I offer a 30-minute free initial consultation so you can get to know me.
I work full time and I have been practising in my own business as a counsellor since 2007. I teach and supervise other counsellors, hypnotherapists and coaches.
Although most of my work is specialising in stress and anxiety and bereavement and loss I also help people with the loss of a pet.
For over 30 years I was a registered nurse and nurse educator. During that time I specialised in ophthalmology so I understand medical terminology and the needs of visually impaired people.
I like to support my local community so for many years I have been a volunteer bereavement counsellor, trainer and supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Care.
What is unique about me?
I specialise in anxiety issues and bereavement and loss for adults.
I am flexible in my approach and I may even do different things like go for a walk with my client if we agree that that is appropriate to meet needs.
I'm called an integrative or Pluralistic counsellor because I have a variety of ways of working with you. Sometimes I do a lot of listening and sometimes I use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques to help you learn and feel better.
'I was stressed about a few issues. Linda gave me the confidence to 'open up' about things on my mind. Relief!' Carol, Ringwood.
Contact me today and find out how you could feel so much better.
Why choose me?
- You get a professional and confidential service that has already helped many people like you. Real testimonials are available for you to view.
- Individual or couples counselling offered.
- You can speak to me first and find out more at a free initial consultation.
- I work full time, and that includes day and evening appointments.
- Easy access. Some clients are suitable for telephone or online/webcam counselling.
- Convenient appointments during the day or evening. Arrangements are up to one hour—no hidden extra charges.
- I like to help people with disabilities. Deaf and hard of hearing clients are welcome to bring their BSL interpreters (Clients pay for their interpreters).
- Handouts are provided and included in the price if required.
- I'm a member of the National Counselling Society, so you know that my credentials are valid.
What happens in the session?
Session 1. - Getting to know each other and the problem that you want to address—providing you with information. Assessment and an agreement on the right way forward for you. I listen to your story.
Following sessions- I listen and try to understand. I ask some questions, provide information and guide you to explore different areas, and sometimes we do little tasks together. Between sessions, we can agree on you doing other small tasks to help you relax and move forward. For example, I might suggest that you could write a journal, do some artwork or go for a daily walk. These tasks help you to change your negative thoughts and behaviours and relax.
'I came to see Linda because of a recent death in the family. I found her service to be well directed. It enabled me to focus on the issues I was able to control and to put 'into a box' the issues that were outside of my control. This helped week on week to unpick the route causes of my anxiety and stress.' Susana, Shaftesbury.
I have comfortable offices in Bournemouth with free parking on the road. There are also good bus and rail services with Pokesdown railway station in easy walking distance. There is wheelchair access, and I have a good understanding of the needs of visually and hearing-impaired people.
*My Bournemouth offices are now open for face to face appointments, but you will be asked questions about COVID 19 risks first. If you do come to see me I wear a mask when I open the door, I keep a minimum of 2 meters away from you, I ask you to use sanitiser and I wipe down all surfaces between clients with alcohol wipes.
Online or telephone counselling may be possible following an assessment of your suitability. Online counselling is via videoconferencing (Zoom or Vsee), so you will need fast internet service, the right equipment, and confidence in using computer equipment including a webcam. Find out more about the benefits of online counselling by visiting my website.
Where can I find out more?
Call me during office hours 01202 248468 / 07982258376. (Please leave a message or text if I don't answer as I may be with a client). I aim to respond within 24 hours.
NB Although I have been trained as a general counsellor for many years, I specialise in stress and anxiety, and bereavement and loss. So in some cases, I may suggest referral to another specialist.
Please contact me today, and ask for a free consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Diploma in Well-being and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (level 7)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC award)
- Cruse Bereavement Care Certificate
- MSc Hypnosis in Research, Medicine and Clinical Practice
- Diploma in Hypnosis
- Diploma in Business and Personal Coaching
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- MA Interprofessional Health and Community Care
- BSc(Hons) Nursing Studies
- Ophthalmic Nursing Diploma
- Supervisors Courses
- Currently completing an MSc in Psychology
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As I am also a retired nurse I can help you with worries about going into hospital for procedures and operations
Chronic health issues such as IBS.
Supervision for counsellors, and other therapists.
Some training workshops are provided on an ad hoc basis.
£55.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
£55 per 1 hour session (face to face or online).
£75 for couples per 1 hour session (face to face only)
***If you are having financial difficulties related to the Coronavirus I can offer a 4 session online package at a 50% reduction on the usual price. You will need to pay for all 4 sessions online before the first session - £110.
- NB Sessions are up to one hour. (Some counsellors only give you 45 - 50 minutes).
- Handouts included in the price if required.
- There are no extra charges for evening/ Saturday appointments.
- A reduced fee is available for trainee counsellors.
- Supervision and mentoring are available for other therapists.
Hypnotherapy or coaching programs also available. For further information please visit my website.
Payment accepted via Stripe, my secure payment system on my website.
Or for clients seen in my office by credit/debit card, BACS or cash.
As I work full time in my therapy business, we should be able to find a time that is convenient for you.
Monday - Friday 10.00 - 19.00. Occasional Saturday counselling by arrangement.
Face to face, Telephone and Online counselling.
Hypnotherapy and Business/ Life coaching also available.
You will be asked for information at session one including your contact details, your health history and the name and address of your doctor.
Anyone with health problems is advised to consult with their doctor first.
Training and supervision provided for other therapists