Laura Turley - MBACP Integrative Therapist & Supervisor
- As an Integrative Therapist, I work with individual clients and couples using a variety of different counselling models and methods. Although I would describe myself as Person-Centred in modality, my methods are entirely client-led and not dictated by any personal preference in terms of therapeutic model.
- I pride myself on my honest, non-judgmental approach, my empathy and my ability to make genuine, authentic connection with my clients. I strongly believe that the success of any course of therapy lies in the quality of the therapeutic relationship. For this reason, listening to and understanding who you truly are is of paramount importance to me.
- I do not view you as someone with a problem that needs to be fixed and myself as the fixer. I do not believe anyone needs to be 'fixed'. Instead I will work with love, humour and creativity with you in your journey towards self-acceptance.
I currently offer one-on-one sessions and couples counselling in person and via Zoom, and - when government guidance allows - in person from my office in central Exeter. Please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email to ask me about any aspect of my work.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Iron Mill, UK 2014)
- Diploma in Supervision (Iron Mill, UK 2021)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (Meridian Training, UK 2018)
- Certified Radical Honesty® Trainer (USA, 2017)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular interest in parasocial relationships and the culture in and surrounding fandoms.
From £45.00 to £60.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
- £45 per hour (individuals)
- £60 per hour (couples)
- I also offer a limited number of concessional rate slots (£35) for low-income clients and full-time students
Evening appointments (after 5.00pm) sometimes available, please enquire via email for open time-slots.
Radical Honesty® is a Gestalt-based communication method, and 'out loud noticing practice' developed by American psychologist Dr. Brad Blanton in the 1990s and outlined in his bestselling books Radical Honesty and Practising Radical Honesty. Radical Honesty aims to create deeper more meaningful connections between you and the people in your life, reduce the stress and anxiety caused by 'imposter syndrome' and enable you to be your real, authentic self in every area of your life.
I have trained with Dr. Blanton in the EU and US since 2015, and in 2017 I was certified by him as the UK mainland's first Radical Honesty trainer.