- As an Integrative Therapist, I work with individuals and couples using a variety of different counselling models and methods. Although I would broadly describe myself as a Person-Centred Therapist, my methods are entirely client-led and not dictated by any personal preference in terms of therapeutic model.
- I pride myself on my honest, non-judgmental approach, my empathy and my ability to make genuine, authentic connection with my clients. I strongly believe that the success of any course of therapy lies in the strength of the therapeutic relationship. For this reason, listening to and fully understanding who you truly are is of paramount importance to me.
- I do not view you as someone with a problem that needs to be fixed and myself as the fixer. I do not believe anyone needs to be 'fixed', so will not offer you solutions, advice, unsolicited opinions or my personal judgements of what I consider to be 'good' or 'bad'.
- Instead I will work with humour, curiosity, warmth and creativity with you through self-discovery towards self-acceptance.
I currently offer one-on-one sessions and couples counselling in person from my office in central Exeter, as well as via Zoom. Please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email to ask me about any aspect of my work.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Iron Mill, UK 2014)
- Diploma in Supervision (Iron Mill, UK 2020)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (Meridian Training, UK 2018)
- Certified Radical Honesty® Trainer (USA, 2017)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular interest in 'parasocial relationships' (obsessive fixations or crushes which are not or cannot be reciprocated) and fantasy addiction, and have almost 25 years involvement with social networking, blogging platforms and online groups. In other words, very little surprises me in terms of online interest or obsession!
As a lifelong musician, writer and illustrator, I also have a particular interest in working with others who work within creative fields.
From £45.00 to £60.00
Concessions offered for
Face-to-Face or Online Sessions
- £45 per hour (individuals)
- £60 per hour (couples)
- I have a limited number of concessional rate slots (£35) for those on a low-income/full-time students. Please ask about these if you feel you would struggle to pay the full fee.
I'm happy to offer a free initial online meeting (normally 15 minutes) to reassure anyone uncertain about using Zoom™ for their therapy, or if you prefer to discuss the issue you want to bring to therapy sessions in person rather than by email.
Evening appointments (after 5.00pm) sometimes available, please enquire via email for open time-slots.
Radical Honesty® is a Gestalt-based communication method, and 'out loud noticing practice' developed by American psychologist Dr. Brad Blanton in the 1990s and outlined in his bestselling books 'Radical Honesty' and 'Practising Radical Honesty'. Radical Honesty aims to create deeper more meaningful connections between you and the people in your life, reduce the stress and anxiety caused by lying, withholding and 'imposter syndrome' and enable you to be your real, authentic self in every area of your life.
I have trained with Dr. Blanton in the EU and US since 2015, and in 2017 I was certified by him as the UK's first Radical Honesty® trainer. I run regular weekend workshops in Exeter and South London, details of which you can find on our Radical Honesty UK Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/radicalhonestyuk