Hello, I am Kirsty, a qualified Counsellor providing a safe space for you to be heard and deeply understood, where you will be accepted for exactly who you are.
I offer a respectful, non-judgemental and confidential therapeutic relationship. Trained in the Person-Centred approach, I work to create an environment that is safe, accepting and caring, that helps you look closely at what matters to you.
If you are feeling emotionally distressed, have a sense of discontent or are troubled by events in your life present or past, talking about things can help you find a way through. I will support you as you explore and process your thoughts, feelings, beliefs and experiences. As we work together, at your pace, I may integrate techniques and aspects from a range of theories which encourage you through the process to embrace change, growth and healing.
In sessions, you will find me warm, empathic, thoughtful, open and honest. Think of me as a companion on your journey helping you recognise your inner resources and strengths, finding the way forward that is right for you.
I offer counselling from my home-based private practice in Stamford, online or by phone. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), have an enhanced DBS certificate and full insurance.
I have several years of experience and I am trained to understand and work with clients experiencing anxiety, depression, isolation, low self-worth, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, trauma, abuse, cancer, bereavement, miscarriage, baby loss and relationship difficulties.
Counselling offers many benefits such as reducing stress and anxiety; feeling less overwhelmed or isolated; gaining insight into self and relationships; identify goals and dreams; improving well-being and autonomy.
I provide an initial session, with no obligation to continue, which involves an informal assessment exploring what brings you to therapy and an opportunity for you to find out if counselling with me is right for you.
It takes courage to seek support and the decision to start counselling can feel unsettling. If you would like to talk first, please feel free to ring for an informal conversation on 07702 527702.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I work with a diverse range of people who have experienced issues such as, trauma, abuse, cancer, bereavement, loss, anxiety, depression, isolation, anger, addiction, low self-worth and relationship difficulties.
- Managed and facilitated Hollyhocks Cancer Support Group for the last 4 years - offering support to cancer patients, carers, family members and those who have been bereaved through cancer touching their lives.
- Currently counselling male inmates at a category C prison and have done so for over 2 years.
- Experience in counselling young people at a local college through varying issues, relationships, loneliness and ability.
- Member of Baby Loss Counselling Network supporting those in the community who have experienced baby loss through miscarriage or still birth.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 5
- Diploma in Counselling Skills Level 3
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing - Carolyn Spring
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's & ADHD - University of Derby
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Training - Accredited pregnancy and infant loss specialist
The Foundation for Infant Loss Training - Accredited specialist in supporting clients with subsequent pregnancies after loss
- Counselling online: a Coronavirus primer - The Open University
- Baby Loss Awareness - Royal College of Midwives
- Cancer Awareness - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Supporting others through Loss, Grief & Bereavement - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Wellbeing & Resilience - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Working with Depression - Cinnabar Training
- Past Trauma and the Unconscious Mind - Cinnabar Training
- Life Events and Social Networks - Cinnabar Training
- Safeguarding Adults - LSAB
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk - LSAB
- Safeguarding 16-25 year olds: England and Wales - NSPCC
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£20 - 1 hour initial assessment.
£40 - 50 minute counselling session.
Payment can be made in cash, card or bank transfer.
Concessions offered for
- Registered Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance with Towergate Insurance Brokers.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate.
- GDPR Compliant, registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Undertake regular Supervision to ensure I am working safely and ethically.
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development.