Kirsty Vipond Counselling - MBACP
Think of me as a companion on your journey, led by you, supporting you to truly know and understand yourself. I will work with you to discover a way forward that is right for you.
I will ensure we work at your pace, follow your agenda and work towards your goals. I am here to help you help yourself. Rest assured you will be met with warmth and understanding.
My personal experiences of cancer and loss, and supporting others through their journey, have drawn me to a career that I am passionate about.
I provide a confidential, non-judgemental, therapeutic space in Stamford or online, where you can safely explore aspects of your life and feelings in depth.
If you are feeling anxious, overwhelmed, unhappy or troubled by events in your life present or past, talking about things can help you find a way through.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have worked with a diverse range of people who have experienced issues such as, trauma, abuse, cancer, bereavement, loss, anxiety, depression, isolation, anger, low self-worth and relationship difficulties.
- Managed and facilitated Hollyhocks Cancer Support Group for the last 4 years - offering support to cancer patients, carers, family members and those who have been bereaved through cancer touching their lives.
- Currently counselling male inmates at a category C prison and have done so for the last 2 years.
- Experience in counselling young people at a local college through varying issues, relationships, loneliness and ability.
- Member of Baby Loss Counselling Network supporting those in the community who have experienced baby loss through miscarriage or still birth.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 5 - EdExcel
- Diploma in Counselling Skills Level 3 – Pearson
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 – Pearson
- Counselling online: a Coronavirus primer - The Open University
- Baby Loss Awareness - Royal College of Midwives
- Cancer Awareness - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Supporting others through Loss, Grief & Bereavement - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Wellbeing & Resilience - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Working with Depression - Cinnabar Training
- Past Trauma and the Unconscious Mind - Cinnabar Training
- Life Events and Social Networks - Cinnabar Training
- Safeguarding Adults - LSAB
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk - LSAB
- Safeguarding 16-25 year olds: England and Wales - NSPCC
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per 50 minute one-to-one session.
Payment can be made in cash, card or bank transfer.
Concessions offered for
- Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance with Towergate Insurance Brokers.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate.
- GDPR Compliant, registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Undertake regular Supervision to ensure I am working safely and ethically.
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development.