Counsellor - MBACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello, I am Kirsty, a Counsellor in Stamford providing a safe space for you to be heard and deeply understood, where you will be accepted for exactly who you are.
I offer a respectful, non-judgemental and confidential therapeutic relationship. Trained in the Person-Centred approach, I work to create an environment that is safe, accepting and caring, that helps you look closely at what matters to you.
If you are feeling emotionally distressed, have a sense of discontent or are troubled by events in your life present or past, talking about things can help you find a way through. I will support you as you explore and process your thoughts, feelings, beliefs and experiences. As we work together, at your pace, I may integrate techniques and aspects from a range of theories which encourage you through the process to embrace change, growth and healing.
In sessions, you will find me warm, empathic, thoughtful, open and honest. Think of me as a companion on your journey helping you recognise your inner resources and strengths, finding the way forward that is right for you.
I offer counselling from my home-based private practice in Stamford, online or by phone. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), have an enhanced DBS certificate and full insurance.
I have experience and can help with: anxiety, depression, self-esteem, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, anger, trauma, abuse, autism spectrum, cancer, illness, bereavement, loss, miscarriage, baby loss and relationship struggles and family difficulties.
Counselling offers many benefits such as reducing stress and anxiety; feeling less overwhelmed or isolated; gaining insight into self and relationships; identify goals and dreams; improving well-being and autonomy.
I provide an initial session, with no obligation to continue, which involves an informal assessment exploring what brings you to therapy and an opportunity for you to find out if counselling with me is right for you.
It takes courage to seek support and the decision to start counselling can feel unsettling. If you would like to talk first, please feel free to ring for an informal conversation on 07702 527702.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Owner and Counsellor – Kirsty Vipond Counselling, Stamford.
- Counsellor – Action for Asperger’s, registered charity, Corby.
- Volunteer Counsellor in a male prison for 3 years.
- Volunteer Counsellor for young people at a local college.
- Managed and facilitated Hollyhocks Cancer Support Group for 4 years - offering one to one, community and peer support to cancer patients, carers, family members and those who have been bereaved through cancer touching their lives.
- Member of Baby Loss Counselling Network supporting those who have experienced baby loss through miscarriage or still birth.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 5
- Diploma in Counselling Skills Level 3
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2
- Open Dialogue Facilitator, Foundation Training – Open Dialogue UK
- Dealing with Stress, working with suicide and self harm - Carolyn Spring
- Stress and Trauma - Cinnabar Training
- Working with Shame - Carolyn Spring
- Race and culture core competency - BACP
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing - Carolyn Spring
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's & ADHD - University of Derby
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Training - Accredited pregnancy and infant loss specialist
The Foundation for Infant Loss Training - Accredited specialist in supporting clients with subsequent pregnancies after loss
- Counselling online: a Coronavirus primer - The Open University
- Baby Loss Awareness - Royal College of Midwives
- Cancer Awareness - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Supporting others through Loss, Grief & Bereavement - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Wellbeing & Resilience - Macmillan Cancer Support
- Working with Depression - Cinnabar Training
- Past Trauma and the Unconscious Mind - Cinnabar Training
- Life Events and Social Networks - Cinnabar Training
- Safeguarding Adults - LSAB
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk - LSAB
- Safeguarding 16-25 year olds: England and Wales - NSPCC
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
£40 - 1 hour initial assessment.
£40 - 50 minute counselling session.
Payment by bank transfer on day of session.
When I work
50 minute sessions, Tuesday to Friday day time & some evenings.
I offer one to one sessions and am available for short term or long term counselling, face to face, online or by phone.
- Registered Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance with Towergate Insurance Brokers.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate.
- GDPR Compliant, registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Undertake regular Supervision to ensure I am working safely and ethically.
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development.