Kirstie Burgess therapy Uckfield TN22 Crowborough TN6
Hello and welcome to my profile.
I appreciate that asking for help can seem daunting so I offer an initial FREE telephone conversation lasting up to 15 minutes.
Therapy is a collaborative partnership and I value the equal relationship we build together. I will actively listen to you and your needs providing emotional support for what is going on for you.
I provide a confidential, non-judgemental space in which you can explore yourself and your beliefs. By working together therapeutically you can discover ways of behaving that encourage unwanted familiar patterns. The good news is you can decide to do things differently and make changes that you want to.
I describe and picture therapy as being similar to when a light shines on a certain spot of a multi-faceted diamond. We can change, turn to show our brilliance.
Love and relationships are important to me so I have completed additional training in working with couples.
Equally important to me is having our own secure foundation which we can build upon and grow. We're human after all and search out relationships and love.
I work with adult individuals and adult couples.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy
- 3 further years of clinical training in Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Animal Assisted Therapy
- UKATA Transactional Analysis Diploma in Practice
- Mentalisation-based therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I hold sessions in the evening and day. Please contact me for availability.
Types of client