Kerry Collins, Dip.Couns, MBACP registered member (Adults or Children 3yrs old+)
Perthshire And Kinross
I offer counselling/psychotherapy for adults or children. I also offer Couples Counselling and am the lead Counsellor at All-of-You Therapy.
All-of-You Therapy is located in a discreet, office on the bottom floor of a lovely traditional building in a quiet but central street offering easy access. There is a large car park nearby. Our practice has been custom designed for and by All-of-You therapy.
In addition to providing our children’s counselling service at All-of-You Therapy, I have worked as a Counsellor in primary schools with children, 4yrs old and upwards with the award winning Place2Be, providing early intervention, play-led therapy. Early intervention provides children, who find themselves vulnerable, anxious, worried or dealing with other issues, with the emotional tools to cope in the present but also to deal with these issues in later life. We have adopted this positive, constructive approach for our work at All-of-You Therapy.
I have also worked in several agencies counselling adults coping with issues ranging from personal development and relationships to grief to surviving sexual abuse. I have also undertaken rigorous trauma training and have worked with many trauma related issues. Other areas I have work with are shown in the tick box below.
My therapeutic approach is integrative, using mainly Psychodynamic & Person-centred theories. In counselling children I use play-led therapy - Although there is no reason why adults shouldn't use play therapy too, if they wish. In working with any individual, I will use and/or suggest other approaches where necessary, to suit client needs and where appropriate.
Sessions at All-of-You Therapy normally last for 1 full hour. If you'd like to arrange an appointment, please contact me via email (Preferable option as often in appointments) or telephone. In our initial meeting, we will discuss what has brought you to me. You will have an opportunity to gain a sense of who I am and how we would work together. If you'd like to continue sessions with All-of-You Therapy, we would discuss appointment frequency i.e. weekly or fortnightly.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to ask.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People (CPCAB)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Counsellor
- Managing Difficult Epilepsy (Epilepsy Scotland)
Understanding and Managing Epilepsy (Epilepsy Scotland)
- BASK dissociated Self Injury and Eating Disorders
- Vicarious Trauma/ Insidious Impact
- Dissociation/ Self-Injury/ Eating Disorders
- Helping Children Tell Their Stories
- Working with Metaphor
- Children's Emotional Well-being
- Attachment Theory and Self Awareness in the Counsellor
- Working with Difference and Diversity
- Making Endings with Children
- Special Education Needs (SEN) and disability
- Counsellor at Place2Be, Children's charity within Edinburgh and Glasgow primary schools
- Counsellor at Safe Space Dunfermline, survivors of childhood and adult sexual abuse
- Child session Counsellor within a social enterprise in Lochgelly, Fife
- Adult and child Counsellor within Private practice in Milnathort, Perth & Kinross
- Private carer for neuropsychological disabilities
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Play led therapy , including use of art.
Working within the Neurodiversity paradigm
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
The above are a selection of areas, I deal with. I know clients, can bring a wide range of issues. If you're concern/group type is not noted, please feel free to enquire specifically regarding your concern. If, I can't help, I may be able to refer you to another counsellor, internally at All-of-You Therapy or externally, if this matches your needs better
Photos & videos
Individuals: Initial consultation appointment for individuals (Adults/Children) £15.00, £40.00 per 60 minute session thereafter.
Couples: Initial consultation appointment for couples £20.00, £50.00 per 60 minute session thereafter.
I hold full PVG certificates from Disclosure Scotland for adults and children.
I also hold full professional insurance.
My Supervisor is a senior accredited member of BACP.
I know some cannot commit to the same time and day each week such as shift patterns or individuals with differing circumstances. I can allow for this and arrange week by week for those who require this.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments are available; Tuesday - Friday between 11am and 7pm. And, 12pm - 5pm on Saturday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|