When things feel too much, you or your child, may feel overloaded and struggle to find a clear way forward. This can be an isolating place: and this is what led me in to counselling myself. To have someone there to hear me, sit with me and validate my feelings was a real turning point in my life. This led to a real passion within me to help others. The beauty of counselling is that among all of the advice that people give us, the values we may have had placed upon us and judgement's that create conflict and uncertainty; inside us all is the power to know who we are, what we want and need and how to become the best version of ourselves. This is why I trained as a counsellor - because I want to help people like you learn about this and find your way to a happier and more fulfilled life.
I am an experienced and qualified counsellor and dedicate my time to train in other areas. This integrative approach enables me to draw upon a variety of techniques and approaches, in order to ensure the best therapeutic outcome for you or your child. I work with young people aged 11+ and adults. I offer face to face and online sessions, offering both short and long term therapy.
Alongside the many modalities that I work from, I am a qualified BWRT Level 1 practitioner - a therapy that has amazing results.
BWRT®’ stands for ‘BrainWorking Recursive Therapy®’, a model of psychology and psychotherapy created by UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, MCGI. It’s a totally confidential method that doesn’t require you to reveal your private information or personal secrets to your therapist and is carried out in a completely conscious state. It doesn’t use hypnosis or any mystical concepts - it’s completely logical, practical and down-to-earth, and only needs you to know what you want to change in your life for it be completely successful. Only bona fide BWRT practitioners have been trained to deliver BWRT® and all have to adhere to a strict ethical code – find out more at https://www.bwrt-professionals.com.
Please ask for more information or check out my website for more information: www.katelouisetherapeuticservices.com
I am excited about this form of counselling and have helped many people with deeply entrenched intrusive and triggering thoughts. If you feel that alongside talking therapy and practical intervention, that maybe you need more - BWRT can be weaved into our work.
I have very recently worked for a local youth agency within Northamptonshire, for 4 years, that supports children and their families, as a counsellor for 11-18 year olds. I am able to engage positively with young people and bring creativity into my sessions.
I specialize in working with young people and adults affected by anxiety and distress, bullying, depression, trauma, attachment issues, domestic and sexual violence including child sexual exploitation (please see list below). However, I work with a large range of presenting issues, so any doubts - please ask. I have undertaken many different forms of training related to domestic and sexual violence (including coercive control), child abuse and exploitation, neglect and narcissism. I have completed a Master’s in Domestic and Sexual Violence at the University of Worcester, and also worked for a charity, counselling victims of domestic violence. I have co-facilitated group work, focusing on 'Abusive Behaviours' and exploring the possibility of change and rehabilitation in the context of domestic and sexual violence.
I offer pre-trial therapy for individuals who are involved with the criminal justice system as a witness/victim. This is different to standard therapy and should only be carried out by experienced therapists.
If you feel that you are in an abusive relationship I can support you with this, please do not feel alone. Recognizing that you need support is the first step. A brave step.
The areas that I cover:
* Currently Countrywide for remote working (Telephone/Online via ZOOM, Facetime and Whatsapp). Monday to Thursday 9am-8pm.
* Face to face work in Creaton, Northamptonshire, NN6. Appointment times are extremely limited. Monday to Thursday 915am-3pm.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters (MA) - Understanding Domestic & Sexual Violence at The University of Worcester - (2019-2021)
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) (2021)
- Online and Telephone Counselling - Accredited 80 hours CPD Qualification Certification - Counselling Tutor (2020)
- AFT Certificate of Higher Education - Working Systemically with Individuals, Couples and Families (Social Science) at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge - (2017-2018)
- CPCAB Diploma Level 4 - Therapeutic Counselling (Person-Centred) - (2015-2017)
- CPCAB Level 3 - Counselling Studies - (2012-2013)
- CPCAB Level 2 - Counselling Skills - (2011-2012)
- COE Level 3 - Play Therapy Skills - (2018)
- Level 1 & 2 - Understanding Domestic Violence at Ava Project - (2016)
Training / Certificates
· Pre-trial therapy - (2021)
* How to Tell Stories That Heal - Human Givens College - (2021)
· Working Online in the Counselling Profession - BACP - (2020)
· Using Arts Online with Children & Young People – Ana De la Prida – (2020)
· Alcohol & Drug Awareness Training – Aquarius (Northamptonshire County Council) – (2019)
· Key Differences Between Counselling Adults and Children / Young People – MindEd – (2019)
· Relational Skills – MindEd – (2019)
· Legal & Professional Issues – E-Learning for Healthcare – (2019)
· Counselling in Secondary Schools – MindEd – (2019)
· What is Counselling for Children, Young People and Young Adults – MindEd – (2019)
· Working with Emotional Meanings – MindEd – (2019)
· Facilitating Emotional Expression – MindEd – (2019)
· Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT) for Children and Young People with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Anna Freud Centre, London - (2019)
· Certificate of Proficiency – BACP – (2019)
· Safeguarding Training - (2017-2021)
· Working with Risk - (2018)
· Working with Dissociation Disorders in Clinical Practice – Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors (PODS) – (2018)
· Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice – MindBody Breakthrough – (2017)
· Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing – PODS – (2017)
· Bridging the Gap – BACP – (2017)
· Keeping Safe – Therapy Law – (2018)
· Management of Actual and Potential Aggression (MAPA) Foundation Programme (no holding) – Care Success Solutions – (2018)
· Data Protection – Care Success Solutions – (2017)
· Sexual Trauma Training by Zoe Lodrick - Teamwork (2017)
· Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery – PODS – (2016)
· Using Solution Focused Therapy – Mike Scanlan - (2016)
· Attachment – (2016)
· Parenting – Family Caring Trust – (2016)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Ethics & Competencies
* I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). The BACP set certain standards of codes and ethics for counsellors to adhere to, to ensure safety for all clients. I am currently working towards accreditation.
* I am an associate member of The Terence Watts BWRT Institute.
* I have completed all required Mind-Ed Children & Young People Core Competencies. This is a Child Mental Health Framework and an important part of therapeutic practice when working with CYP.
* I subscribe to the ICO's (Information Commissioners Office) policies and adhere to the principle of the General Data Protection Regulations. I understand best practice for managing your information.
* I am fully insured.
* I undertake CPD (Continual Personal Development) on a regular basis and am always working towards ensuring the best service for my clients.
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
PLEASE be aware, that by finding a Counsellor on this Directory, we are fully qualified and are bound by ethics and guidelines. Not all Counsellors that advertise on the internet are; if in doubt please call me and I will advise you.
Individuals (Adults & CYP): £50 for 50 minute sessions.
Please contact me for a free, no obligation telephone consultation (15/20 minutes).
I am currently working online and via the telephone, Countrywide.
I am also working face-to-face, but with reduced availability. The venue is located in the idyllic village of Creaton, NN6.
Alongside my therapeutic services, I also host workshops within Primary and Secondary Schools, to all staff and to Early Years Practitioners. These include 'Young People & Mental Health' and 'Trauma & Attachment in The Early Years.' If this is required by a service, please contact me for more information.
I have co-facilitated group work, focusing on Abusive Behaviours and the possibility of change in the context of domestic and sexual violence.