Dr. Karolina Arutyunyan- Counselling Psychologist
2A Prebent Street
I am a member of the BPS (British Psychological Society). Fully accredited by the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy). Registered with the Health Care & Professions Council (HCPC).
Approaches: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic, Person Centered.
In the course of therapy we work towards raising awareness of your unconscious dynamics, which influences the current state of affairs. Awareness of these latent processes gives you a chance to shift them.
You might be coming for therapy to explore long standing problems and traumas or learn coping mechanisms to manage your current concerns. Collaboratively we can consider what is the most productive way by which things that worry you can be worked through, integrated and regulated.
I aim to create an empathic non-judgmental space, characterised by transparency and mutual honesty. I hope that in this space you will feel secure enough to explore your inner conflicts and ambitions.
Together we can explore your presenting problems, reasons why these problems have persevered as long as they have and examine ways by which they can be relinquished.
Therapy allows you to take a close look at your behavioural and cognitive (thinking) patterns and examine how they might be contributing to your existing problems. You would get a chance to process difficult feelings and explore ways by which you can make progress in your life and achieve your potential.
I believe that psychotherapy should be tailor-made and adapted according to each client's individual needs. Therefore, I implement aspects of various methods in order to fit your individual therapeutic goals.
How to get started:
- You can make the first step by getting in touch via the phone number or email provided above.
- If you decided to go ahead we will set up an initial session, where we will discuss what has brought you to therapy and what you are hoping to achieve.
- If you are happy to continue we will set up the second session following which, we can agree on a suitable time and date for future meetings, as well as the frequency of the sessions (weekly, fortnightly etc.)
- If you opt for Skype/Facetime sessions, we will agree on the time at which we will conduct therapy on weekly basis.
I provide counselling in English and Russian languages.
Training, qualifications & experience
- September 2014- September 2018
(DPsych) Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City University of London.
- September 2013- August 2014:
(MSc) Masters in Counselling Psychology, City University of London.
- September 2012- August 2013:
(MSc) Masters in Research Methods and Psychology.
- 2012: Counselling Skills Workshop
- September 2008- August 2011:
(BSc) Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, London Metropolitan University.
SHL Psychometrics 1 and 2: Skills and Ability Testing, Personality Testing.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Person Centered Therapy (PCT)
- Integrative Psychotherapy
I am experienced in working within in-patient and out-patient settings of various organisations (NHS, Private, Residential Setting, Charity, Housing organisation, Crisis house organisation, IAPT), with clients presenting in mild, moderate as well as complex and enduring mental health.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
Individual Therapy: 50 min session -£85 (£95- after 6:00 pm)
Couples: 50 min session -£100 (£110- after 6:00 pm)
Skype, Facetime: 50 min session -£70 (£80- after 6:00 pm)
Individual Therapy: 50 min session -£110
Couples: 50 min session -£120
Skype, Facetime: -80
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday- Friday between 7:00 am- 9: 00 am and 1:00pm - 8:00 pm. Saturday- Sunday 8:00 am- 10:00 am and 2:00 - 6:00 pm
Types of client