Karin Sieger, Psychotherapist, BA, MA, Reg. MBACP (Accred)
Parkshot House (opposite Richmond Station)
5 Kew Road
07944 283 207 / 07944 283 207
Attending counselling or therapy is a sign of strength. It means taking responsibility and charge of your life and circumstances.
I am Karin Sieger, an experienced, BACP accredited and registered psychotherapist based in central Richmond, opposite the station.
I offer short and medium term support for grief, loss, spiritual crisis, transitions (eg mid-life crisis, career change) and specialise in the emotional impact of cancer and other life changing or life shortening illnesses.
My practice offers you a space where you can talk about what is on your mind, so that together we can find a way forward that works for you. I work with individual clients (not couples) aged 18+. I offer daytime appointments only on Tues/Thurs/Fri. My session fee is £70.
I also write motivational articles and make self-help YouTube videos. To access those, to find out more about me, my credentials and how I can help you, please visit my website here: https://karinsieger.com/karin-help-articles-videos/
Some videos are also listed at the bottom of this profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Masters degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Roehampton.
In my work I draw from a range of approaches including Person-Centered, Relational, Humanistic, Psychodynamic, Transpersonal, Cognitive Behaviour (CBT) and Body Psychotherapy.
I am accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, which is accredited by the Department of Health.
I trained in the NHS and voluntary sector. After my training I continued working for two London-based NHS Primary Care Trusts.
I have personal experience of cancer treatment.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
£70 per day time session
- On the verge of change, but nothing is happening?
- What's the point in talking about cancer?
- Low self-esteem: The broken record
- It sounds like you are depressed
- Is telling you I am seriously ill selfish?
- Thank you; Lynda Bellingham - a legacy
- How are you? Families and friends affected by cancer
- What is summer depression?
- When a loved one is seriously ill or dying
- When your heart is broken
- My therapist does not understand me
- When you feel 'Sentenced to Life' (as Clive James reflects)
- When Mother’s Day is not a happy occasion
- Do CEOs Need a Priest?
- I do not know myself anymore
- The Challenge of Expat Life
- Life beyond cancer treatment – you are your own expert
- The opportunity behind the post-holiday blues
- Surviving Bereavement
- The Illusion Behind Addictive Behaviour
- Mothers and Fathers with Postnatal Depression (PND)
- Death by Proxy – What we can learn from Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Who can you trust these days – in public life or relationships?
- A Playful Tiff or Domestic Abuse?
- Why does this always happen to me? Relationship Counselling
- About Cancer Counselling
- Counselling After Traumatic Events: The Woolwich Attack
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime: Tues, Thurs, Fri.
Types of client