Karin Sieger, Psychotherapist, BA, MA, Reg. MBACP (Accred)
I am Karin Sieger, an experienced, BACP accredited and registered psychotherapist and writer based in central Richmond, opposite the station.
Attending counselling or therapy is a sign of strength and not weakness. It means taking responsibility and charge of your life and circumstances.
I offer one off, short and medium term support in person in Richmond, online or via email.
Areas I specialise in include grief, loss, spiritual crisis, transitions (eg mid-life crisis, career change), the emotional impact of chronic, life changing or life shortening illnesses, esp cancer for which I have been treated myself.
My fees are as follows:
Regular, in Richmond: 50 mins - £75
Regular, online: 60 mins - £90; 90 mins - £135
Email support: One off - £90, Regular - £80
One off consultation consisting of 2 hours (120 mins) one off in person or online and 30 mins follow up call: £195, which is cheaper than 3 normal sessions.
Feel free to contact me in confidence. I aim to respond to you within 24 hours (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays). If you don't hear from me within this time, then please check your spam folder, esp if you use Hotmail or Yahoo.
I also offer free support via my self help articles, online radio talks, videos and #DearKarin Advice column via my website https://KarinSieger.com
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Masters degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Roehampton.
In my work I draw from a range of approaches including Person-Centered, Relational, Humanistic, Psychodynamic, Transpersonal, Cognitive Behaviour (CBT) and Body Psychotherapy.
I am accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, which is accredited by the Department of Health.
I trained in the NHS and voluntary sector. After my training I continued working for two London-based NHS Primary Care Trusts.
I have personal experience of cancer treatment.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
My fees are as follows:
2 hours one off in person or online - £195 (incl 30 min follow up call)
Regular in person: 50 mins - £75
Regular online: 60 mins - £90, 90 mins - £135
Email support: One off - £90 (up to 2000 words), Regular - £80 (up to 1000 words)
- On the verge of change, but nothing is happening?
- What's the point in talking about cancer?
- Low self-esteem: The broken record
- It sounds like you are depressed
- Is telling you I am seriously ill selfish?
- Thank you; Lynda Bellingham - a legacy
- How are you? Families and friends affected by cancer
- What is summer depression?
- When a loved one is seriously ill or dying
- When your heart is broken
- My therapist does not understand me
- When you feel 'Sentenced to Life' (as Clive James reflects)
- When Mother’s Day is not a happy occasion
- Do CEOs Need a Priest?
- I do not know myself anymore
- The Challenge of Expat Life
- Life beyond cancer treatment – you are your own expert
- The opportunity behind the post-holiday blues
- Surviving Bereavement
- The Illusion Behind Addictive Behaviour
- Mothers and Fathers with Postnatal Depression (PND)
- Death by Proxy – What we can learn from Nelson Mandela's Passing
- Who can you trust these days – in public life or relationships?
- A Playful Tiff or Domestic Abuse?
- Why does this always happen to me? Relationship Counselling
- About Cancer Counselling
- Counselling After Traumatic Events: The Woolwich Attack
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Ground floor office and ground floor bathroom for clients with mobility issues.
In Richmond: Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat. Online: Mon to Fri
Types of client