Karen Crossley FDA. MBACP
Hello, my name is Karen Crossley and I am a Counsellor Psychotherapist. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellor Psychotherapists, and work in accordance with their ethical framework. I am a person-centred therapist and a trauma rewind therapist. I have premises in both Garstang and Morecambe, offering support to clients in Lancaster, Preston, and North Lancashire. Therapy rooms are unmarked, so no one will know why you are visiting, maintaining your right to anonymity..
I work with,
Individuals, Couples,Young people, Families, Groups
How can counselling help you?
I believe that counselling can help everyone by helping us understand our feeling and emotions better. This can also help us work through difficult times. Ultimately it's about caring for our emotional well-being as we would for our own body.
There are different kinds of counselling that suit each person. I am qualified in the person-centred approach. This means I offer compassionate support to clients in a supportive, non-directive way. This enables the client to explore the supportive space in a confidential, non-judgemental environment. I will offer a space to create a therapeutic relationship, which you as an individual or couple, can then use for change and personal growth. You will have greater understanding of yourself, your relationships, and what you are experiencing.
I am also qualified in Trauma Rewind Therapy. This can benefit people who suffer, or have suffered from a traumatic event and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This is a gentle but effective way of eliminating the side effects of PTSD, that does not re-traumatise the client.
Counselling can help with the following problems:
- Low self-esteem / self confidence
As a person-centred counsellor, I work with a wide range of people an equally wide range of issues. Whether you are struggling with a certain life event that is difficult to understand and cope with, or an addiction, low confidence, self-esteem or depression, or a bereavement.
I am also qualified to offer counselling to children, I offer therapy through play, to support them in a comfortable environment, and help them through challenging times, whilst building a relationship illustrating how to treat themselves and others..
I offer a safe secure place that they are able to discover and explore their feelings in a confidential environment.
For young people I offer a secure confidential space for them to explore their feelings and emotions in a non judgemental empathic way.
I offer a free 30-minute session to decide whether you feel that counselling is for you. When you come to see me, we will work through your specific worries in a compassionate and supportive way, in a comfortable, confidential space. In this way you will have the security you need to explore the things that are important to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Arts: Foundation Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy 2018
- SEG Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills 2016
- SEG Level 2 Diploma in Counselling Skills 2016
- Certificate in Children and Young people, Strathclyde University (2018)
- Dip Level 5 CBT (ongoing)
- Safeguarding with Adults and Children (2018)
- Workshop of Creative and Therapeutic Play (2018)
- CPD Couples Counselling (2018)
- Understanding and responding to Self- harm (2017)
- Relational Depth with Mick Cooper (2018)
- ASIST workshop in Suicide First Aid (2018)
- Trauma Rewind Therapy (2018)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a Trauma rewind Therapist.
Photos & videos
I offer a no obligation 30 minute session to see if you feel it could work for you.
My fees are £40 per hour.
For persons in financial hardship please contact to discuss further with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available by appointment during the day and evenings.
Types of client