Thank you for visiting my profile. I know it can feel scary and nerve wracking talking to a complete stranger about what's bothering you, but don't worry, you're in safe hands and together we can explore what's happening for you at a pace to suit you.
You are the expert on you and what's happening in your life, but sometimes you may feel you need somebody to actively listen to how you are feeling so that you can re-evaluate your choices, decisions, actions and feelings.
Person-centred counselling is a non-directive client lead talking therapy; you choose what you want to talk about. It focuses on the here and now. The sessions provide you with a safe and confidential environment for you talk.
I work with children & young people, families, adults and couples at my private practice. They present with a variety of issues from exam stress, anxiety, depression, peer pressure, bereavement, infidelity and friendship issues, to abuse and domestic violence, and family relationships.
When appropriate I incorporate play therapy or aspects of CBT as part of the sessions.
I have my own counselling room (separate from the main house) offering a safe, comfortable and relaxing environment for you to talk about what is important to you at that moment. I'm situated close to junction 4 of the M18, with off-road parking.
I attend supervision once a month and am a registered member of the BACP.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Cambridge Open University Level 4 Diploma in Counselling (Merit)
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Zoe Loddrick - Neuroscience of Abuse training
- Safeguarding training (Team Fostering, Casy & The Blue Door)
- Margot Sunderland - Neuroscience of Attachment
- Working with Children & Young People training (Casy)
- Provided therapy for clients at The Blue Door in Scunthorpe (Domestic and Sexual Abuse)
- Provided therapy for clients at Casy in Newark (Children & Young People)
- Provided a befriending service through Bluebell Wood Hospice
- Provided mentoring to counselling students at Doncaster College
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£30 / hour (single)
£45 / hour (couple)
£25 / hour (student concession NUS card)
£35/hour - students
£45/hour - teachers / supervision of safeguarding team
Experience of working with adults, children & young people, victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse, students in college / university, and employees via employment assistance programmes.
Issues presented at counselling include: anxiety, depression, loneliness, relationship issues, self confidence, low self esteem, abuse, trauma, stress.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Thursday 10.30am - 6.30pm (last appointment)
Friday evenings & Sat morning available upon enquiry
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|